Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Is anyone holding off for a better release of Terminator 3?

Old 01-04-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up the DVD today only because it was $12.99, but I'm not opening it just yet in hopes of news of a better version.

Does it look hopeful, or is it too soon to tell?
Old 01-04-04, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm waiting...
Old 01-04-04, 12:40 PM
Suspended

im waiting also...where did you get it that cheap?¿
Old 01-04-04, 12:51 PM

I'm waiting for a better one, which I believe was revealed that there will be a better one by the writer or director or someone. heh
Old 01-04-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by madmoose
im waiting also...where did you get it that cheap?¿
Best Buy has it in their ad this week for $12.99. I matched it at Wal*Mart.

That's another reason I'm suspicious that a better release is around the corner.
Old 01-04-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I picked up a used copy shortly after release for $10. If a more deluxe version comes along I may be tempted but the movie was such a rehash I wouldn't pay top dollar.
Old 01-04-04, 01:19 PM

terminator 3:SE has been confirmed by mostow AFAIK and he mentioned an ultimate edition as well allready. when will they learn *sigh*
trying to find the article - edit: it's in the upcoming re-releases list thread. sadly even many more extras with "really specific, cool, nuts and bolts stuff." from the cast won't make this a good movie for me just my 2c
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (SE)
”Empire Online talked to director Mostow who says there will be a series of progressively more impressive DVD releases before a final Ultimate Edition. "To make it a truly first-class DVD, with the levels of complexity that are on the T2 Ultimate Edition, takes a long time. You can't get it ready in the few months we have before [the first DVD release] has to be done." Mostow has really put the effort in, drafting key members of the T3 production to talk about elements of production not usually touched upon, "really specific, cool, nuts and bolts stuff." The director is also squeezing in a number of interesting featurettes explaining why, among other things, all the Terminators look and sound like a certain Austrian bodybuilder.” Are we talking about multiple re-releases here? Hopefully we’ll find out before the first release in December.

Last edited by silent; 01-04-04 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 01:21 PM
Suspended

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a long wait, I mean, lets not confuse Warner Home Video with Artisan.

Where did you get that information? Especially with an Ultimate title used primarily by Artisan

Last edited by Gatsby; 01-04-04 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 01:36 PM

That movie was the bomb! Though not as good as the first two. Yes, I'm waiting for a better release.
Old 01-04-04, 01:40 PM

Nah just bought the current release. I've given up on buying re-releases, unless the original release was horrible.

-Tim
Old 01-04-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Even if there is a re-release (of which I have no idea), it usually takes a lot longer than expected. Like Panic Room or Blackhawk Down. The disc out now is pretty good too. and remember, this is a WB disc and not Artisan which does the multiple T2 releases
Old 01-04-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Gatsby
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a long wait, I mean, lets not confuse Warner Home Video with Artisan.

Where did you get that information? Especially with an Ultimate title used primarily by Artisan
Here is what it says in the re-release thread above:

”Empire Online talked to director Mostow who says there will be a series of progressively more impressive DVD releases before a final Ultimate Edition. "To make it a truly first-class DVD, with the levels of complexity that are on the T2 Ultimate Edition, takes a long time. You can't get it ready in the few months we have before [the first DVD release] has to be done." Mostow has really put the effort in, drafting key members of the T3 production to talk about elements of production not usually touched upon, "really specific, cool, nuts and bolts stuff." The director is also squeezing in a number of interesting featurettes explaining why, among other things, all the Terminators look and sound like a certain Austrian bodybuilder.” Are we talking about multiple re-releases here? Hopefully we’ll find out before the first release in December.

So, I'm thinking I'll just take this current one back now.
Old 01-04-04, 02:02 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Here is what it says in the re-release thread above:

So, I'm thinking I'll just take this current one back now.

LOL!

This is out of control! I understand the whole "you don't have to buy it" point, but these studios are deliberately releasing these DVDs knowing absolutely for certain a second release will follow it in less than a year! I have so much respect for New Line now that it's not even funny, I think they've release the versions of their films the way everyone else should. Let us know and we'll decide which to purchase. People may say that's not good business, but good business is also honesty, trust and satisfaction.
Old 01-04-04, 03:11 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If this was a good movie like the first 2 then I'd consider buying it again. But it was okay and I don't think its worth a double dip.

What they should of done, is got it right the first time, I would of been happy to wait for a better release, its all about greed.

Last edited by Fok; 01-04-04 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe the alledged framing issue will be addressed with the next version.
Old 01-04-04, 03:21 PM

I just picked up a copy for $7.50 (pre-owned) but I don't have the first 2 on DVD, I'm hoping they release some kind of box set with all three movies in it along with a special features disc.
Old 01-04-04, 03:21 PM
Banned

I'm holding out....

....for them to make a better movie.

Last edited by Pants; 01-04-04 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I bought it on release day, and i'm happy with the current release. Quite frankly, i havent even watched any of the features except for part of the commentary. Good movie, but unless a new version comes out with significant improvements, i'll be happy with the current one. And like was said before, it's Warner, so i doubt a new release will come for awhile.
Old 01-04-04, 03:45 PM
Banned

I'm happy with the one right now...great Audio and Video and thats about all I ask for...
Old 01-04-04, 04:19 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by alex4bball
I just picked up a copy for $7.50 (pre-owned) but I don't have the first 2 on DVD, I'm hoping they release some kind of box set with all three movies in it along with a special features disc.
I don't think this is possible...

Terminator: MGM
Terminator 2: Artisan
Terminator 3: Warner
Old 01-04-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 159 Likes on 121 Posts
better, DVD? I don't know maybe it's me but they're are plenty of DVDs that need redone, this thing is quite loaded, IMO, if you're holding off, I say don't, go ahead and buy the DVD it's very good
Old 01-04-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was, but then my parents went out and bought T3 for my Christmas gift
Old 01-04-04, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked it up for $12.99 today. I don't think I'll splurge for another release when it happens, I didn't enjoy the movie that much. Who knows...
Old 01-04-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Warner Bros. isn't known for re-releasing titles that already have a 2-disc special edition. If there is a new disc coming, it's going to be awhile before it's released.
Old 01-04-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
I bought the first one and will be satisfied with that - no double dipping on this movie for me. For the most part I only watch all of those extras one time anyway, so I can't see much sense in buying something AGAIN just for some extras which will only get watched one time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.