American Chopper - The Series on dvd

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-04, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen any topics about this, so I thought I'd post it. I just picked up two American Chopper dvds at Wal-Mart - The Black Widow and The Fire Bike. When I saw them I couldn't believe it because I haven't heard anything about these being released on dvd except through The Discovery Channel itself (which sells each 45 minute episode separately for nearly $25.00 a piece, so it would be $50.00 for the entire Black Widow project). Both of the dvds have the 2 episodes corresponding with the building of the title bike, and they were only $9.99 each (saw them at FYE on sale for this price too). Evidently, these are the only two that are out (the back of the insert for each has an advertisement for the other). The video quality is good, while the extras are extremely slim - only a photo gallery for the title bike. Some more extras would have been great. You know they've got to have a ton of cut footage, and if they could do some commentaries with Paul Sr., Paulie, and Mikey I'm sure that would be hilarious.

Last edited by bjh_18; 01-01-04 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-01-04, 09:13 PM

The Discovery online store has the first season of American Chopper. It's around $130 or so.
Old 01-01-04, 09:26 PM

If you could provide a link to that, it would be much appreciated. I've searched the whole site and I've only found the individual episodes. There is a season one VHS set for $139.95, but who wants VHS anyway. But seeing this VHS set does give hope for a decent DVD set. Maybe they're putting together some decent extras for it.
Old 01-01-04, 09:51 PM

American Chopper: Season 1 DVD Set

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores...&currentPage=1
Old 01-01-04, 10:02 PM

Thanks. Still a bit expensive though. But that's the Discovery Channel for you. Hopefully they'll put out more of the dvds like the Black Widow and the Fire Bike, that would about cut that price in half.