Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Madonna Vs. Kylie

Cottington
12-30-03, 08:10 AM
Who would win?

I'd say Madonna, because eventually people would figure out she has at least some talent, whereas with Kylie its all about choosing the sleaziest pair of hotpants to wear and thats about it. The womans' 'music' has to be heard to be believed. 'I should be so lucky'? I wish. More like, 'Lets listen to your godawful albums and slit our wrists'. Madge on the other hand has an excellent single out right now and she is queen in my book (right after Jessica and Mandy).

fallow
12-30-03, 02:55 PM
As far as longevity, I'd say Madonna - but only because of her 80s output. As far as 2k3 is concerned, Kylie by a long shot. "Slow" is the synthetic post-electroclash dancediddy that Madonna wishes she could make. And "Can't Get You Out of My Head" is still one of the most aptly titled songs. Ever.

This has been a terrible year for the (former) queen bee of pop. Indicting Minogue for her sexual appeal is silly, especially considering Madonna's look-at-me-I'm-still-relevant butterfinger grab at mens' loins at the VMAs.

But, like I said, Madonna in the long-run, Kylie in the short. We'll see how that goes, though, since Kylie just seems to be gaining her momentum.

Rogue588
12-30-03, 03:25 PM
Madonna would take her. I don't think she'd fight fair. She probably carries a couple blades at all times..

cheapskate
12-30-03, 03:51 PM
Bah! Cottington... if this is going to be an ongoing thing with the "who would win in a fight between Kim Wilde and Belinda Carlisle" questions, why not consider making it a POLL? :D

I'd vote for Kylie - her stellar performance on "Neighbours" puts "Shanghai Surprise" and "Swept Away" to shame...

I don't listen to the music...

DRG
12-30-03, 03:52 PM
I'm not that familiar with Kylie's output from her second album to the one right before her US comeback, so I'd have to give Madonna the edge here. BUT, as cheezy as Kylie's debut is, I still enjoy it. And, I like Kylie's newest stuff (Love at First Sight, Can't Get You Outta My Head, Slow) much better than Madonna's recent output.

Josh H
12-30-03, 03:56 PM
Don't like either of their music, too pop for my tastes. But I'd still have to give a slight nod to madonna.

Kylie gets the nod in the looks department though.

MJKTool
12-30-03, 05:06 PM
Who would win in what? Fight? Career?

Uhh Im going with Madonna no matter what you meant.

atlantamoi
12-30-03, 05:16 PM
I'll take Kylie. It took Madonna a very long time to get it perfect with the song "Ray of Light". I know Kylie's been around forever also, but it doesn't seem like she tried very hard to be "cool". When she put her mind to it she NAILED it with "Can't Get You...".
And she's still more interesting today.... as well as 47 times hotter.

TheMadMonk
12-30-03, 08:27 PM
I pick Kylie. I'm much rather do her. :)

POWERBOMB
12-31-03, 12:59 AM
Madonna would threadcrap all over Kylie. :crap:

TremCat
12-31-03, 10:59 AM
Kylie has songs like Better the Devil You Know, Confide in Me, Where the Wild Roses Grow, Breathe, etc. She tops Madonna in the song category. Also, she is likely to appeal more to the community she is aspiring towards--the gay community. She is also hotter and sexier. Singing and recording wise, Madonna is better. I'd have to chose Madonna, because she has an immense female fanbase; Kylie doesn't seem to aspire to the same goals as Madonna, which are large and ambitious, she seems to prefer being intimate with her fans.

dolphinboy
12-31-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cheapskate
"who would win in a fight between Kim Wilde and Belinda Carlisle" "

Belinda, easily.

Fielding Mellish
01-01-04, 09:04 AM
Belinda, easily.

...assuming she was at her "fighting weight."

Friday13thuncut
01-04-04, 11:27 AM
I'm a big fan of both women, and have even met both, but I always give the 'who would win' title to Madonna. First of all, both women make dance oriented pop music, but both offer something different. Madonna's tone is usually serious while Kylie's is more about having dumb fun. So it makes Kylie's music a little more appealing at first glance sometimes. Kylie does walk in Madonna's footsteps, which takes something away from her also. If you prefer Slow to some of Madonna's out-there singles, you'd still have to see that it's Madonna who made it possible for someone like Kylie to do that sort of thing. Madonna also sticks by the music she wants to make, for the most part, while Kylie trend-jumps and does a full 180 if sales are bad. If Body Language does not sell in America watch how fast she drops the R&B sound. Kylie will also never record a Live To Tell or an Oh Father. Or make a video like Express Yourself or Bad Girl. Works of art.

BigPete
01-04-04, 01:16 PM
tatu!

illennium
01-04-04, 02:15 PM
Clearly the Hulk would win.

Tyler_Durden
01-04-04, 04:29 PM
Madonna looks kind of muscular these days, whereas Kylie's delicate appearance doesn't bode well for her in a catfight. Or a fistfight, for that matter.

nazz
01-04-04, 09:57 PM
Madonna is kinky and would probably enjoy getting slapped around by Kylie.

fallow
01-04-04, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
Madonna also sticks by the music she wants to make, for the most part, while Kylie trend-jumps and does a full 180 if sales are bad.

Mmm, isn't Madonna's whole schtick trend-jumping? The woman is constantly reinventing herself.

And I'm not so sure that Kylie's music -apart from that 80s "Locomotion" thingymabobber- is just "dumb fun." Even if it was, it isn't like Madonna doesn't have her share of that, as well. More than enough for just one person, I'd even venture.

POWERBOMB
01-04-04, 10:30 PM
Aren't they within 10 years of each other in age?

jayson1017
01-05-04, 11:44 AM
yes, Kylie is a grandma (not literally).

theneobez
01-05-04, 05:28 PM
Kylie would win.

Friday13thuncut
01-05-04, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by fallow
Mmm, isn't Madonna's whole schtick trend-jumping? The woman is constantly reinventing herself.

And I'm not so sure that Kylie's music -apart from that 80s "Locomotion" thingymabobber- is just "dumb fun." Even if it was, it isn't like Madonna doesn't have her share of that, as well. More than enough for just one person, I'd even venture.

Madonna's "trend jumping" comes more with style and stuff like that, not so much the music. Her music, no matter what direction it goes, is usually still placed within club music, where she started. Although she made a half-assed attempt to drift into R&B on Bedtime Stories. Kylie moved from europop to adult contemporary pop to rock and back to europop when rock didn't work, and is currently leaving europop again for R&B in order to please America, who, of course, couldn't possibly like any other kind of music. When that fails, I'm guessing it'll be back to europop again. I think the girl is actually talented in the music department- the material she wrote on her own (the album Impossible Princess) is years ahead of the stuff other people write for her, but for some reason she now allows a team of people to make decisions for her. Her new album actually has someone credited as 'Kylie's visual direction and stylist'! Ugh!

Madonna has her share of dumb songs but I can think of a bunch that are well written, deep, etc, while in Kylie's catalogue songs like that come about once every ten years. It's both a good thing and a bad thing.

fallow
01-05-04, 09:53 PM
Okay, I give you that one.

Giantrobo
01-06-04, 09:47 AM
I actually bought Kylie's album with "Can't get you outa my head" and I actually liked a lot of the stuff on the cd. I've heard Madonna's new cd's and IMHO there were only one or two really good songs on each cd in last few years.

jayson1017
01-07-04, 11:08 AM
Also, Kylie is really short. When she was onstage with Justin Timberlake on the MTV VMAs a year or two ago, it looked like David and Goliath.

Friday13thuncut
01-07-04, 07:37 PM
Kylie is 5'1", Madonna 5'4"

Giantrobo
01-08-04, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
Kylie is 5'1", Madonna 5'4"

5'1" is well within the "Hit it range"

digitalfreaknyc
01-09-04, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by TremCat
Kylie is likely to appeal more to the community she is aspiring towards--the gay community. She is also hotter and sexier.

You CANNOT be serious. I don't know of any other performer who is more adored by the gay community. And yes, i'm including Barbara, Bette and Cher in that one.

achau9598
10-18-04, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BigPete
tatu!

t'pau!

costanza
10-19-04, 01:11 AM
i've had a thing for madonna for years. she gets my vote, if this were a poll.

LiquidSky
10-19-04, 08:02 AM
Shirley Manson would kick both their asses! :)

Canis Firebrand
10-19-04, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by achau9598
t'pau!

I love that song "Heart and Soul"

I catch it on the radio every now and then. :)

Okay.. back to the thread.

Optimus Crime
10-23-04, 06:55 AM
If this is a dicussion music-wise then obviously it's not about Madonna's 80-90's material because then Madonna wins hands down. However since 2000 Kylie has been making better albums. Fever is one of the best dance-pop albums in the last 5 years.

DonnachaOne
07-07-05, 01:37 PM
Madonna's kinda like the american Kylie.

digitalfreaknyc
07-07-05, 02:12 PM
Madonna's kinda like the american Kylie.

Don't you mean that Kylie is the British Madonna?

M came first. ;)

whynotsmile
07-07-05, 02:22 PM
i love kylie

damn good entertainer

Lastdaysofrain
07-07-05, 03:26 PM
Don't you mean that Kylie is the British Madonna?

M came first. ;)

Kylie is Austrailian. I think Madonna wishes she was the British Madonna.

Consistenly Kylie has been making far better records than Madonna since at least the mid-90s.

digitalfreaknyc
07-07-05, 03:34 PM
Kylie is Austrailian. I think Madonna wishes she was the British Madonna.

Consistenly Kylie has been making far better records than Madonna since at least the mid-90s.

I beg to differ. Ray of Light was madonna's best album to date and that came out in 1998.

Kylie is just limited to her little audience. Personally, I don't find her all that appealing at all...her music or anything else about her.
Her remixes suck as well.

Howiefan
07-07-05, 04:23 PM
Kylie looks better than Madonna and her music is better too so she gets my vote :P

digitalfreaknyc
07-07-05, 04:46 PM
Kylie looks better than Madonna and her music is better too so she gets my vote :P

Ew.

And if you're speaking of Howie Day, you MIGHT win back some respect. ;)

Howiefan
07-07-05, 06:26 PM
Yup big Howie Day fan here

DonnachaOne
07-08-05, 01:25 PM
Kylie is just limited to her little audience. Little audience? She's one of the biggest stars in the world.

digitalfreaknyc
07-08-05, 01:52 PM
Little audience? She's one of the biggest stars in the world.

I'd dispute that. Most people don't know who she is.

Birrman54
07-08-05, 02:05 PM
I'd dispute that. Most Americans don't know who she is.

That's probably more accurate. I think Kylie is kinda like soccer, popular everwhere except here.

birrman54

Tommy Ceez
07-08-05, 02:12 PM
:nopics:

Chaza
07-08-05, 04:12 PM
Kylie all the way, Madonna has a few good songs, but not as many as Kylie IMO.

mndtrp
07-09-05, 12:46 AM
t'pau!
Gesundheit!!

Before I begin, Giantrobo's posts about women are somewhat predictable, but damn if they don't come at the perfect place and time. Which, by the way, is how I would prefer both Madonna AND Kylie.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Madonna. I think Kylie could go pretty far, but Madonna has the longevity. I don't know if she writes her own songs, or if Kylie does, but Madonna's do seem to be a bit more topic encompassing. Of course, I'm not what you would call a 'big fan' of either.

I love 'Frozen' as well. Easily my favorite song.

DonnachaOne
07-09-05, 12:04 PM
I'd dispute that. Most people that I know don't know who she is.
Fixed.

digitalfreaknyc
07-09-05, 02:29 PM
Fixed.

Actually, if you wanted to "fix" it...it would say:

I'd dispute that. Most people that I know know EXACTLY who she is but most of America (and I'd reckon other parts of the world who DO know who Madonna is) don't know who she is. They know her as the Loco-motion girl as well as a couple of minor hits a few years ago.

And to answer the other question, Madonna has always written or co-written her music.

DonnachaOne
07-12-05, 11:48 PM
I'd dispute that. Most people that I know know EXACTLY who she is but most of America (and I'd reckon other parts of the world who DO know who Madonna is) don't know who she is. They know her as the Loco-motion girl as well as a couple of minor hits a few years ago.
The fact that she's not as well-known in the US has already been discussed. As for your "I'd reckon" part, I reckon you're wrong. I can reckon too!

digitalfreaknyc
07-13-05, 08:51 AM
The fact that she's not as well-known in the US has already been discussed. As for your "I'd reckon" part, I reckon you're wrong. I can reckon too!

That was a piss poor come-back.

1/10

mlemmond
07-13-05, 08:57 AM
Kylie easily.

DonnachaOne
07-13-05, 08:01 PM
That was a piss poor come-back.
1/10
"Come-back"? Since when is this an insult war?

If that's all you took from this thread, then I'm sorry.

But since you're in the gradeschool playground state of mind, spouting "piss-poor comeback" does more to illustrate your lack of argumentative skill than to "shut down" the other person. It's very silly, and I'm sure you know that.

I thought you were a little more worldly, NYC. But now that you've resorted to being childish and petty in a thread about "Kylie vs Madonna", I'm not sure what to think. This tangent of ours is at an end. Good day.