Search

Spiderman Deluxe Dvd coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spiderman Deluxe Dvd coming

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...vds-lotr_x.htm

Apparently it looks like there will be another release of spiderman possibly coinciding with the release of Spidey 2.

I was always expecting this so who knows what they put on it. Hopefully they make it a Superbit Deluxe.
Old 12-29-03, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So far, New Line has sold nearly 18 million of the various DVD versions of the Fellowship of the Ring— nearly as many as those for Finding Nemo— and is expected by year's end to sell more than 15.6 million DVDs of The Two Towers.

New Line's strategy to release first a bare-bones, then a meatier, then a collector's edition DVD is sure to be copied.

"The New Line strategy shows that consumers really will repeat a home video purchase of essentially the same product in a short time frame, provided there is sufficient differentiation between the releases," says Video Store magazine's Judith McCourt.
Umm...no.

First of all, the initial LOtR DVDs were hardly "barebones". Not to mention that, in essence, there were different films on each release. It wasn't the same flick twice. Do they really have an extra half hour to add to Spider-Man? Secondly, New Line, IMO, gets major props for announcing ahead of time that there would be an EE. Most other studios don't.

I have a feeling this "new" Spider-Man disc will be similar to the Fast & the Furious re-release. It'll just have more commercials/promo crap for Spider-Man II on it. [And if it's truly like tF&tF, it'll be missing stuff found on the ORIGINAL release...]
Old 12-29-03, 02:03 PM
Suspended

I agree with you 100% with regard to the Lord Of The Rings DVD releases...

The Spider-Man release had better be a Superbit Deluxe, With the film and DTS on one disc... the other disc can have extras and whatever bulls**t promotions for Spider-Man 2.
Old 12-29-03, 02:04 PM

Its going to be hard to top the first Spider-Man release. If they improve the picture and audio quality (better transfer and DTS sound), I'm definately picking this up.
Old 12-29-03, 02:22 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it would be wise to apply the public's reactions to the LotR's DVDs to other titles. The way New Line handled the releases, and the popularity of the films makes their situation pretty unique in the DVD world.
Old 12-29-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I really can't think of much that would convince me to upgrade ... but maybe I'll be surprised!
Old 12-29-03, 02:33 PM
Retired

As always, the original is anamorphic and in 5.1 surround, so no reason for me to upgrade as I rarely watch any extra features.
Old 12-29-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Spider-Man release had better be a Superbit Deluxe, With the film and DTS on one disc... the other disc can have extras and whatever bulls**t promotions for Spider-Man 2.
Nothing but pure speculation on my part, but no new Superbits have been announced for a long time. Also, the article fails to mention "Superbit." I wonder if Columbia is still releasing Superbits?
Old 12-29-03, 02:39 PM
Banned

Hope the sequel is better than the first one. Am I in the minority who thinks the first one sucks? Sorry for being irrelevant...
Old 12-29-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jayson1017
Hope the sequel is better than the first one. Am I in the minority who thinks the first one sucks? Sorry for being irrelevant...
I didn't like it.. but it's really not a good place to discuss in a thread about a DVD release. Try pulling a Spiderman thread from Movie Talk (or creating one) and lay out why you didn't like it; therefore discussion on merits of the movie can be held where it's wanted, and this can be left for discussion on the new Spiderman DVD, and how all studios that "double dip" are evil except New Line.
Old 12-29-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked the first movie - and will re-buy it if it's a Superbit - however, I don't have much hope for the sequel. I think the trailer looks kind of weak and *often* the trailer is a pretty good preview of a movie these days it seems. I agree this all belongs in Movie Talk.
Old 12-29-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know that DVD people are getting spoiled when a release like LotR (with an entire DISC filled with TV documentaries and such) is referred to as 'bare bones'. Dear Lord.

In-Depth Programs: Revealing the Secrets Behind the Production of the Epic Adventure:
Welcome to Middle-earth
Quest for the Ring
A Passage to Middle-earth

Featurettes: Exploring the Locales and Cultures of Middle-earth:
Finding Hobbiton
Hobbiton Comes Alive
Believing the World of Bree
Ringwraths: The Fallen Kings
Rivendel: The Elven Refuge
Languages of Middle-earth
Two Wizards
Music of Middle-earth
Elijah Wood
Viggo Mortensen
Orlando Bloo
Cate Blanchett
Liv Tyler
Ian McKellan
Weathertop: The Windy Hill

Exclusive 10-Minute Behind-the-Scenes Preview of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Original Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
Enya "May it Be" Music Video
Preview of Electronic Arts' Video Game: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
An Inside Look at the Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Bare bones?!?
Old 12-29-03, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by DavidH
I liked the first movie - and will re-buy it if it's a Superbit - however, I don't have much hope for the sequel. I think the trailer looks kind of weak and *often* the trailer is a pretty good preview of a movie these days it seems. I agree this all belongs in Movie Talk.
I thought the Spider-Man 2 trailer looked really promising :-) , I guess that's why opinions are great, everyone can have their own.

I will not re-purchase Spider-Man if it's similar to the Fast & The Furious second released DVD...I thought the first edition was the best..it had great picture and a DTS audio track, the second release had just a DD audio...

I always thought the first Spider-Man DVD was soft and lacked good detail.
Old 12-29-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll probably pick it up since I got my original copy in a full-frame version as a gift and never got around to replacing it with a widescreen copy.
Old 12-29-03, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
The only reason I'd upgrade this title was if they digitally redid the Goblin's mask the way it shoulda been done in the first place!
Old 12-29-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the Spider-Man 2 trailer looked really promising :-) , I guess that's why opinions are great, everyone can have their own.
I hope I'm wrong.....it would be nice to have a good comic book movie sequel. Let's face it, other than X2, the last time a GOOD one was done was 1980 with Superman II.
Old 12-29-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Spider-Man 2 is gonna rock. Part I was freakin awesome but the trailer of part 2 is gonna blow the first one away.

Im beginning to dislike Columbia's marketing schemes of their dvds to the market. Why cant they make all the titles deluxe superbits?

-antonio
Old 12-29-03, 05:49 PM
Suspended

I'm cool w/ my current copy of Spidey WS. This new deluxe version they have coming is BS for suckas. But you know how some people double dip on everything...
Old 12-29-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked it, but not enough to double dip.
Old 12-29-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I for one will be picking it up. I have it on good authority (a little inside info from a friend) that there will be an easter egg that has digitaly remastered the entire movie with Kirsten Dunst topless.
Old 12-29-03, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They're doing this for Daredevil too, I think. I believe they are
adding 30 minutes to the movie. If it sells well, I could see more
extended editions happening.

Jason
Old 12-29-03, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll wait and see what new additions there are. Sounds like it could be good
Old 12-29-03, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
As always, the original is anamorphic and in 5.1 surround, so no reason for me to upgrade as I rarely watch any extra features.
Same here, although the Aliens Quadrilogy extras are pretty interesting.
Old 12-29-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't really ever watch the DVD I have now, and the commentary was extremely disappointing when I listened to it, so I doubt any other special features will tempt me to pick it up.
Old 12-29-03, 11:44 PM
Banned

I can't see double dipping on this unless there is a director's cut with extended footage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.