Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Whats the best way to take advantage of Animal Crossing?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-03, 09:22 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should I get an Ereader? Cards? I really know nothing technical about the gameboy/cube system.

What benefits are there?

My girlfriend plays it when im at work. Shes using some cheat codes to get items (not money) and i thought id get an ereader or something if it adds play value.

What should i get?
Old 12-29-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh.. the e-Reader is a mixed bag really. If you can find the cards cheap enough it's worth it.

I got it when I was in my AC craze and enjoyed it, but the e-Reader was MUCH cooler for Super Mario Bros. 3.
Old 12-29-03, 09:33 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

The e-reader gives you extra items only right? I assume you also need the standard GBA link cable too?
Old 12-29-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes you need the GBA/GC link cable.. which if you have a GC and GBA already.. is worth the $10 anyway.

MOST of the AC cards just give you free items like furniture and wallpaper/carpet. Some of them have town themes, or clothing designs. There are 2 that have NES games on them you can't get anywhere else, Mario Bros. and Ice Climber. Now, if you have a card of an animal that lives in your village you can mail them a password on the card to get a rare item (usually NES games).

Plus each card has funny stuff about the characters to read. Again.. if she's really into AC, and you can get the cards or $2.50 or less a pack, it's okay.
Old 12-29-03, 09:52 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Cool thanks!
Old 12-29-03, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The design cards are worth the e-reader alone IMO. My dude can look like Samus and Link, he's got a K.K. Tour Tee as well as designs for Kirby, Mario, Link (NES), Pokemon (whatever), Tri-Force etc. The two games are an added bonus.
Presents from animals is also a good way to build your Nook catalog (you get two presents per card, one swipable and one passcoded).
SMA4: SMB3 is also a great e-card bonus if you have two GBA's. If you buy the game at Wal-Mart you get 5 cards instead of 2.