Any Info on MST3K Volume 5?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize "Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume 4" was just released in November, but I can't get enough of MST3K. I have been to all my usual sites for info on it, but there is no news regarding any future releases. Does anyone out there know of any plans for an upcoming Volume 5? If so, any word on what type of episodes it may contain. This may seem premature, but remember last year when Volumes 2 and 3 were released very close together. I'm hoping that the same holds true this time.

Thanks and, in closing, remember to watch out for snakes!
Old 12-28-03, 07:29 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

4 wasn't even supposed to come out this year so who knows. Until then there is the dap and my covers that I'll finish one day.
Old 12-28-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Keep an eye on www.MST3KInfo.com -- any news of future releases is likely to be posted there before anywhere else, and as of yet, the Satellite News hasn't said a word about any other Rhino DVD releases.

For some news to whet your appetite, though, Mike Nelson is contributing audio commentary for Legend Films' release of Reefer Madness.
Old 12-28-03, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Adam Tyner
Keep an eye on www.MST3KInfo.com -- any news of future releases is likely to be posted there before anywhere else, and as of yet, the Satellite News hasn't said a word about any other Rhino DVD releases.

For some news to whet your appetite, though, Mike Nelson is contributing audio commentary for Legend Films' release of Reefer Madness.
Thanks. That is one of my bookmarked MST3K sites, along with Satellite News.

I think I will buy "Reefer Madness." It's such a hilarious film to begin with, and now with Mike's commentary, it should be something really special. Almost like a fix for any MST3K junkie that's out there wanting new episodes that are never gonna come.
Old 12-29-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
A note on Reefer Madness. They colorized it for some stupid reason, but it also includes the original black and white. Mike is suppose to do other commentaries on films for this same company.
Old 12-29-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As of now, other than the Vol. 4 set which featured Sci-Fi era episodes, are all of the Comedy Central era episodes that were out on VHS now on DVD?
Old 12-29-03, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by DGibFen
As of now, other than the Vol. 4 set which featured Sci-Fi era episodes, are all of the Comedy Central era episodes that were out on VHS now on DVD?
No, the rights were lost on the Amazing Colossal Man early on and the VHS for that one is very rare. The Gunslinger and Shorts vol 3 also appeared on VHS, but not DVD.
Old 12-29-03, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DGibFen
Poopie?
Old 12-29-03, 10:27 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Poopie is on Manos: The Hands of Fate.
Old 12-29-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always heard, for now, all the ones they have rights too are out. I hope they can finagle some more rights...
Old 12-29-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Originally posted by Thunderball
I always heard, for now, all the ones they have rights too are out. I hope they can finagle some more rights...
When movies were licensed for the original broadcasts, they weren't licensed for home video, so Rhino has been going one-by-one and licensing titles <small>(presumably those that are more affordable, but I'd imagine they give some small thought to fan interest)</small>. I'd also guess it would be cost-prohibitive for them to try to get the rights to movies they won't-slash-can't release for years to come. Since Rhino is a corporate sibling of Warner Bros., maybe they could use that to their advantage for whatever MSTied Warner episodes remain unreleased.