Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

dvd players in asia

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd players in asia

I am currently living in Taiwan and would like to play my dvd collection on a tv. The problem, of course, is that my dvd's are region 1 and most retail players are region 2 (I think). Could anyone point me to some players (or places to research - nerd-out is no more) available at Carrefour or Geant or some other Taiwan retailer? Cheap is good - I'm not exactly equipped to take advantage of sound/video features.

Please help me even if you do not live in Taiwan - I'm sure whatever lists you can point me to will have products available here.
Old 12-29-03, 09:26 PM
GOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi Region player readily available here in Taiwan

I am in Taiwan too, Taipei to be more precise. You can actually purchase a region free dvd player easily here. I have tons of region 1,2,4 discs that plays well on my Aboss player which I got it from Kwang Hwa market in Taipei. The local chains stores does not actually tell you that because it is not officially leagal but some of the players they sell can be easily switched into multi region by ways of pressing a few buttons on the remote control.

I believe there is currently a sale going on at Geant that goes for NT$1588 for a Mainland China made machine that has all the functions on it including DVD,VCD,SVCD,MP3,JPEG,DolbyDigital 5.1 and DTS. I hope this helps....