Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I just saw Butch Cassedy And The Sundance Kid, questions..

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-03, 10:21 PM
Doctorwho

The shitty dvd was scratched and I missed a few scenes in the middle and was hoping someone could fill in the blanks.

Okay right when they met the guy who was hiring them and he shot the stone it skipped and then the next part that it forwarded it to was when they gave the kid the horses and they walked inside then he saw the symbol and called for the police?

What happened? What happened to the group that was following them? What symbol was burned into the horse?

The movie was great though, from what I saw, I can't belive critics didn't like this.
Old 12-28-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: I just saw Butch Cassedy And The Sundance Kid, questions..

Originally posted by Doctorwho

The movie was great though, from what I saw, I can't belive critics didn't like this.
What gives you the idea that critics didn't like it? What I remember is far more good reviews than bad and many Academy Award nominations.
Old 12-28-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I just saw Butch Cassedy And The Sundance Kid, questions..

Originally posted by Doctorwho
...The movie was great though, from what I saw, I can't belive critics didn't like this.
...but they did like it... and the movie won a quite respectable number of nominations and awards...

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 12-28-03 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-29-03, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody answered what happened though... So they try to lead an honest life as guards to this guy who carries money for the silver mines, but they get ambushed by mountain bandits, who kill the old man. They succeed to exterminate the bandits (great moment between Butch and the Kid, when Butch admits he's never killed anyone before)... and they resume the robberies, since a life in honesty doesn't seem to work.

However, they keep the horses from the old man, and the horses are marked with a symbol of the silver mine. When the kid at the inn sees the symbol, he alerts the police (who probably thought they robbed and killed the old man, anyway.)
Old 12-29-03, 12:25 PM
Doctorwho

Re: Re: I just saw Butch Cassedy And The Sundance Kid, questions..

Originally posted by Hendrik
...but they did like it... and the movie won a quite respectable number of nominations and awards...

. . . . . .

ON the dvd Redford says that when it came out, critics didn't like it. So go stick in the dvd and watch the Robert Redford interview. lmao