Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bilbo/Frodo's Book What exactly was Sam supposed to add?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-23-03, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was he supposed to write about growing daisies or maybe include a nice recipe for Stew?

Ahhhhh wait, maybe New Line intends to rape this trilogy by adding a sequel

I can see it now...

Sam hears a knock on the door, as he answers it Gandalf, near death stumbles in holding Frodo, who is unconscious.

Sam Cries.

Gandalf mutters to Sam... There is another ...Ring. Gandalf then passes from this world. Sam tends to Frodos wounds and sends Merry and Pippin to Gondor to warn Aragorn and seek his aid. When Merry and Pippin arrive they find Minas Tirith, the great white city in ruins. Amidst all the bodies they find Aragorn lamenting the passing of Arwen and holding their young son.

Merry, Pippin and Aragorn cry.

Out of the darkness they hear an ear piercing scream as one of the remaining Nazgul on his fell Beast swoops in to dispatch Aragorn and the Hobbits, just then an Arrow pierces the beast and it falls just before their feet, Legolas and Gimli appear from out of the dust arguing about who can claim that kill as their own.

Suddenly they hear a loud clamoring...and see off in the distance many thousands of Orcs approaching. Aragorn grabs his sword, screams "For Arwen" and rushes out to meet them. Just then the reunited Fellowship is plucked from Danger by Gandalf the Whiter than White riding on the back of the Great Eagles with Sam and a newly restored Frodo.

Everybody cries.

And so begins The Lord of the Rings part 2: The Search for more Money.

I know this wont happen...I hope.

But I guess the pessimist in me always thinks that something of beauty will eventually be fouled by greed.
Old 12-23-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Sam adds several chapters regarding his sex life with Rosie, but Christopher Tolkien won't let them be published.
Old 12-23-03, 08:13 PM

Re: Bilbo/Frodo's Book What exactly was Sam supposed to add?

Originally posted by rushmore223
Was he supposed to write about growing daisies or maybe include a nice recipe for Stew?

Ahhhhh wait, maybe New Line intends to rape this trilogy by adding a sequel

I can see it now...
The line is from the book.

'Why, you have nearly finished it, Mr. Frodo!' Sam exclaimed. 'Well, you have kept at it, I must say.'

I have quite finished, Sam,' said Frodo. 'The last pages are for you.'
Old 12-23-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Ummm...obviously the portion of Frodo leaving the shire and Bilbo and Frodo leaving with the elvs and Gandalf. If you want to get a touch deeper, what happens to the remaining characters (what appears in the appendacies of the book). But, movie wise, I'd state the part Frodo left blank regarding his leaving.
Old 12-24-03, 06:41 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Bilbo/Frodo's Book What exactly was Sam supposed to add?

Originally posted by rushmore223
Gandalf the Whiter than White

but really, it's that Frodo decides Sam was such a big part of the story that he deserves his place in the Chronicles: remember "samwise the brave" from TTT?

and he wants the book to stay in ME. what's the point of taking it to Valinor?