Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Westside connection review?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone heard the new westside cd? is it as great as the 1st one? I loved their 1st cd and am thinking of buying the new one. any advice??
Old 12-23-03, 05:56 PM

i heard it and it sucked its garbage compared to their first one.
Old 12-23-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I heard about half of it. I didn't think it was as good, but I've been reading some very good reviews for it. It's not my cup of tea so much anymore though, so I wouldn't be an authority on it.
Old 12-25-03, 09:56 AM
Banned

My friend had it. Its not that good, its 'generic gangsta rap', they really dont have anything to say. Its so full of cliches its kind of funny in a way though.
Old 12-25-03, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn I miss 1990-92 Ice Cube He used to be hard/frightening/and had something intelligent to say now he's shell of his former sef. I recognize him more as being Craig (from the Friday movies) instead of being "tha Ni**a you love to hate"
Old 12-26-03, 01:48 PM

They claim to be bringing back Gangsta rap but I disagree. I didn't think this album was gangsta at all and I didn't expect it to be either. How gangsta can millionares get?

Well, instead of pimping hoes, they're pimping the system now. There's some slight social commentary here and there. A few songs focus on how bad the music industry has become. A few others are general party songs.

The production is ok. Some might like it more than others but there's nothing that really stands out. However, the album flows smoothly from one track to the next which is a plus for me.

I've heard some really good responses to the album from a few people that listen to mostly west coast / gangsta rap, but I wasn't overly impressed at all.
Old 12-29-03, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

agree with everyone else here.. it is okay.. not great, not horrible.. just sort of another album
Old 12-30-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
... it's good.
Old 12-30-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks compared to the first album. Bow Down was one of the classic gangster rap CD's...one of the best ever. Terrorist Threats is inferior.