Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

deepdiscountdvd.com errors?!?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-03, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know why I keep getting the following error when trying to buy a DVD at deepdiscountdvd.com?....

Please refresh the page. Thank You.

Dignostics:
An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

theNowPrice = dvdItem.nowPrice * 0.01

Error near line 403, column 12.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot convert to number.

Please, check the ColdFusion manual for the allowed conversions between data types

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSET), occupying document position (403:6) to (403:50) in the template file /u03/web/deepdvd/cart.cfm.

Template: /u03/web/deepdvd/cart.cfm
Old 12-22-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Try clearing your cart and re-entering the DVDs. Forward the error the DDD though so they can look into the problem.
Old 12-22-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
P.S. - welcome to the forum .... BUT why is this a bargain?
Old 12-22-03, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Try deleting your cookies. I had the same problem with the shopping cart, and deleting the cookie fixed it.
Old 06-25-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think there are certain titles that trip out the cart

With Incident at Oglala, I can have it in my cart, but as soon as I try to enter SUPERSALE code, I get the error! So I would get the code in before you start buying stuff and then keep track as your adding stuff which thing trips it out and then keep that out of your final cart.

Last few times they had similar problems with a title or two I was buying, but in those cases the error was that the discount would stop showing up, so you could edit your cart to get it out. This is a pain, cause you have to start over again each time you find something is bad.

Last edited by DVDealer; 06-25-05 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-26-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I was having trouble with this as well. I went through my shopping cart and removed any out of stock movies, and that cleared up my issue.
Old 06-26-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I was having trouble with this as well. I went through my shopping cart and removed any out of stock movies, and that cleared up my issue.
Though this is over now, it will be worth taking note for the next time they have their sales. It was just that one movie "Incident at Oglala" that was causing trouble in my cart. Any other movie (in stock or no) didn't create any problems and I was able to purchase stuff fine. There was another DVD like that I had problems with with a big cart in an earlier sale that created problems too, that once removed, everything worked fine. My guess is that there is some meta information in their database for these items that is out of whack, and their cold fusion code, etc. breaks when it hits this anomaly with a certain item.

It would behoove us the next time we see this sort of thing to isolate the offending movies early on, and put them on a list here so that people can know what to avoid, and DDD folks (if they are watching?) can have a place to look to see what might be causing problems for folks (and respond if they are fixed). I'm guessing that given that there are just a handful of DVDs that cause these issues, this is why their Q/A doesn't catch these errors before they go live with their promotion. I spent a *lot* of time re-entering stuff when my cart blew up a few times before figuring out the offending entity.