Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

With a Friend Like Harry (I need info on the ending please!)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Netflix disc of this movie was slightly cracked and gave out on us with only 5 minutes left in this flick ("With a Friend Like Harry").

SPOILERS!

I know that Harry was killed by Michel. I read that online, but that is all I know. We were left hanging after Harry kills Plum in her bed. After that... I'd love to know what exactly happens (and so would our house guests!)

Thanks......
Old 12-21-03, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You didn't miss much.

After Harry kills Plum and has Michel help carry her out to the well, he grabs some kitchen knives and tries to convince Michel that the only way to be happy is by killing Claire and the children. Michel is stunned by this "suggestion" and stabs Harry in the stomach as he's about to go upstairs. He throws the body into the well, along with Plum's bloody pillow, and spends the entire night filling it in.

He's cleaning up in the morning when Claire comes downstairs; she asks where Plum is, and Michel lies that Harry came for her during the night and they left. Claire mentions that she couldn't help reading his short story, "The Eggs" and that she thinks it's brilliant.

Michel goes to bed for a while, wakes up to see his family happily playing outside with everything back to normal, and they drive home later that afternoon.

Great movie.
Old 12-21-03, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cosmic.... THANK YOU! I knew that well was a big, fat foreshadowing near the beginning of the movie. You just helped four of us know what happened.

Big egg for you!
Old 12-22-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good movie. Bizarre, but good.