Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jamie kennedy Experiment-Question for all the fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-03, 04:10 PM
Rip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie kennedy Experiment-Question for all the fans

Just bought the season 1 dvd. The best blind buy i ever got! Funniest hidden camera show on TV.
So I was wondering how season 2 is comparing to season 1. I discovered it late so i missed alot of episodes. Any feedback would be cool. Thanks,
Rip
Old 12-20-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say the second season is better, maybe even a lot better. They bring in a lot of guest stars, which normally I don't like, but the gags they do are incredibly funny: the Cult of Bliss with Freddie Prinze, Jr., "Ghost Ship: The Musical" with Julianna Margulies, and Jeff Goldblum's cologne. The second season also has the wedding gag, which I thought was one of the funniest, in addition to a lot of "Reverse X" gags, where the person who is X'ing someone else is really the one getting X'ed.

If you liked the first season, I imagine you'll love the second. It really is one of the best, if not the best, hidden camera shows. I hate the TRL format of the audience, and Jamie's a bit annoying as the host, but the gags are top notch. There are a couple duds to be sure, but overall it's a damn funny show.

das
Old 12-20-03, 04:56 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually think Season 2 is even funnier. The pranks get a little more elaborate, and there is one in the season finale that honestly had me laughing harding than *anything* in the past five years. I actually had to pause the tape I was laughing so hard.

So far, season 3 has been a disappointment. There's laughs in there, but because more people know about the show certain skits seem contrived (like the target knows he/she's being X'ed but just plays along). Plus they're pulling more pranks with celebrities now, a lot of which are so-so. I actually wish they'd allow some pranks without Jamie in them, and let someone less recognizable take his role for them.
Old 12-20-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Season 2 is as good if not better than the first season. I agree with DRG that Season 3 has been subpar so far. People are too familiar with Jamie Kennedy and his show, so he's taking it on the road this year and the quality has suffered. Plus, after Malibu's Most Wanted, he's all but retired the character of Brad "B-Rad" Gluckman which is unfortunate.
Old 12-20-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hasn't there not been a new episode for about three weeks? What's the deal?
Old 12-21-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I keep getting repeats on the Tivo for season three... isn't this the middle of a new season? Weird.
Old 12-22-03, 09:01 AM
Rip

Thats so cool. I didn't even realize we were into season 3 already. So does he keep the studio audience format for season 2, or is he outside introducing the skits like in season 3?
Also, how is his show doing in the ratings? Where can i check something like that out?
I gotta say again, can't wait for season 2 to come out on dvd. I paid $31.00 Canadian for it, a great deal in my opinion. My wife and friends love it too.
Thanks, Rip
Old 12-31-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I almost peed in my pants watching the fake dating show "hit it or quit it!"