TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Woohoo! 24 -> One Tree Hill

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-03, 08:38 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoo! 24 -> One Tree Hill

Yes! I finally stopped watching 24. It's been without a doubt the worst show I was watching for a long time now, but it was hard to quit because I kept wanting to know what was going to happen next. I was so close to quitting last week and then 30 minutes before it aired, my cousin called and asked me to tape it for him. Even after I taped it, I wasn't going to watch it, but I came here the next day and saw there was already 4 pages of posts in the 24 thread. So I couldn't resist, but it was just as bad as it has been all season.

Another reason that I hadn't quit 24 is that I don't really have any other show conflicting with 24, but I've caught episodes of One Tree Hill here and there and it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Still, it's weird that I'm quitting the worst show I was watching to go to the new worst show I'm watching.

I know this thread is pointless, but I'm the kind of person who likes to see every episode when I watch a show and it feels really good to finally quit that evil show, 24. And if I have any 24 withdrawals, I have the far superior show, Line of Fire, to satiate me.
Old 12-16-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You think 24 is the worst show you've been watching? You obviously don't watch much television do you? I think such blasphemy is worthy of being BANNED.
Old 12-16-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations! I envy you. I wish I had the strength to do the same, but sadly I keep watching. Don't look back ... you made the right decision.

das
Old 12-16-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really enjoy 24, even if just for Kiefer and some of the other peoples. I love when its "lame", for me, its what makes it unique. The whole Kim and the cougar thing last season was classic. Fun stuff! It makes me laugh because sometimes its silly. Other times its mindless fun.

Nina rules!
Old 12-16-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah heck, I know 24 is a long B-type Movie. Still too much fun to put on the shelf right now.
Old 12-16-03, 10:37 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Never watched 24. Do they explain how the casts ages a year per "day"?
Old 12-16-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Never watched 24. Do they explain how the casts ages a year per "day"?
Simple. The days occur a year or more apart, not back-to-back.
Old 12-17-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
I really enjoy 24, even if just for Kiefer and some of the other peoples. I love when its "lame", for me, its what makes it unique. The whole Kim and the cougar thing last season was classic. Fun stuff! It makes me laugh because sometimes its silly. Other times its mindless fun.

Nina rules!
I gave up a couple of episodes ago and it's like soda. Watched for a few minutes tonight and don't miss it a bit.
Old 12-17-03, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by abintra
I gave up a couple of episodes ago and it's like soda. Watched for a few minutes tonight and don't miss it a bit.
True. I like diet soda but can't drink regular soda any more because its too strong for me. Depends on your sense of enjoyment and your personal taste buds. For example, a lot of people love the West Wing. I tried watching it, I was bored. Simply varies by a person's sense of humor/enjoyment/satisfaction.
Old 12-17-03, 09:36 AM

One Tree Hill on paper looks like a slam dunk winner of a show. Hot high school chicks AND hoops? Why, that's a combination too good to be true. The unfortunate truth is that the total is less than the sum of its parts.

I would love to be able to kick the 24 habit, but OTH just ain't got the cure.
Old 12-17-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sadly I have given up on 24 this year too. Not that it was bad it just wasn't...the same. I was never a diehard fan to begin with so I doubt they'll miss me.
Old 12-17-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Achtung
Simple. The days occur a year or more apart, not back-to-back.
Aha! I've never bothered watching it, but I was wondering that, too.
Old 12-17-03, 06:20 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After the sheer torture that 24 was to me last year, I decided 'never again.' It was easily the worst show I was watching, but yeah, I don't watch a lot of TV.
Old 12-17-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I disagree on One Tree Hill. It has a very addictive cheese quality.
Old 12-17-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Woohoo! 24 -> One Tree Hill

Originally posted by nny
Yes! I finally stopped watching 24.
Congrats! I quit too and don't regret it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed season one (to a point), but was in sheer agony last season. Now I just find something else to do between Gilmore Girls and NYPD Blue/Line of Fire. That's an entire day of extra free time this season that I'll have for reading, going online, playing computer games, etc.
Old 12-21-03, 04:00 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

For anybody like me who missed the first episode of One Tree Hill, it looks like TBS is running reruns this week. According to tvguide.com, the pilot's going to be on at 11/10 AM e/c tomorrow, but I just went to TBS's website and I don't see it there.
Old 12-21-03, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OTH is like The O.C., but without the buzz, and has more down to earth characters. I do think the girls on OTH are mighty fine, though.
Old 12-21-03, 06:49 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, for some reason, I don't find anybody on The O.C. that attractive, but I like all the women including the mothers on OTH.

Otherwise, though, the O.C. is much better. It's still too early to tell how good OTH is going to be, but the O.C. has proven itself to be one of the best dramas on tv.
Old 12-21-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't know if it's the best drama so much as it's the best comedy. There aren't too many serious elements to the show. One Tree Hill definitely has the better looking chicks though.