Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount is terrible

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 04:26 AM

Location: on my couch watching dvds of course .. where else ???
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was one of the victims of the Deepdiscount 's "your credit card could not be used" line for the 20% discount.

After 2 emails, they finally replied me that the 20% would not be given to me even if i use another card.
I already told them that i had checked with my bank and my bank had assured me that there is nothing wrong with my card.

Now, as i am not based in USA, i had to pay international shipping which is based on the value of your order and as they had already shipped one of my other order, they had already charged me for the full price of the shipping cost for my order.
Now that they are refusing to honour my order and no mentioned had been made with regards to the difference in the shipment price that I had paid.
It may not be much but as a matter of principle, i refused to be screwed twice by the same retailer. (ie once is the crappy your card could not be used and the 2nd would be the higher shipment price.)

Terrible place to order dvds. Would stick to Amazon anytime from now onwards...
Old 12-15-03, 05:17 PM

Re: Deep Discount is terrible

I'm in the same boat.

I made two orders during their 20% off sale, I had two emails, one from Deep Discount and the other from DVD Talk offering me separate coupons. I could have made one order, but I split them up hoping that I would get some of the titles in the first order in time for chirstmas presents.

They then cancelled the first order without warning.

I've sent 2 emails, the first one was ignored. The second one got a reply saying that the card was broken. This was quite ridiculous given that on the same day they sent another order and charged my card quite happily. I've sent a reply telling them this and have yet to hear a response.

It is incredibly disapointing that DeepdiscountDVD have resorted to lying to their customers for unknown reasons. And now there is no chance of getting that order before christmas so it kinda sucks all round (I'm in Australia).
Old 12-15-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chances are that it had something to do with typing the credit card information in incorrectly. Generally, that is what will cause an error like that.

But, honestly, what would they have to gain out of "lying to their customers for unknown reasons". Why would you assume that that was the issue? It just doesn't make any sense for them to purposefully do that.

Of course, what I'd really like to know is why this necessitated a new thread?
Old 12-15-03, 09:04 PM

Never had a problem with them.