Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD really crappy shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-12-03, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf is up with their cheap ass shipping
I got my DVD in a cardboard package with no padding
the Disc is loose inside the case is is heavily scratched
I haven't watched through it to see if it skips yet
but I'm pissed, should I exchange it?
Old 12-12-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DDD really crappy shipping

Originally posted by syphon00

By all means if you are not satisfied call DDD for an exchange. I received my first order of 14 DVDs yesterday and they were packed well, but 1 disc did come loose. I think the disc is still playable but it was lightly scratched.
Old 12-12-03, 05:32 PM

I too received a floater...In a package that was obviously re-wrapped (It looked a lot more messy than the other DVDs with the order) "Fortunately" the DVD wasn't even correct for my order, so I would have had to send it back anyway...One question, was your box also rubber-banded around the lowered door of your mailbox, for anyone on your block to steal?
Old 12-12-03, 05:41 PM

Without the 20% off, no DDD for me. One of mine was missing 2 of the security stickers. But it wasn't scratched.

You get what you pay for....
Old 12-12-03, 06:53 PM

I ordered a total of 6 DVDs in 3 orders between the 12/2-12/3. One of the DVDs shipped the 8th, still not here yet. One package of 4 shipped the 8th as well and arrived yesterday (no floaters surprisingly, I tend to get those quite a bit with new DVDs). And one package shipped yesterday. All in all, not too bad so far, but I got far quicker shipping with amazon when I ordered from them around Thanksgiving.
Old 12-12-03, 08:30 PM

so what's the exchange experience like with DDD?
and no my package was not opened, I have a locked mailbox
Old 12-12-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My first order (15 discs) from the sale arrived well-packaged, with no floaters.

In the few instances when I had a problem (nearly 40 orders with them so far) it was resolved in a timely manner by telephoning them. The one refund I requested for a wrong DVD was credited back to my card promptly.

Sure, I'd like everything to be perfect - but as long as they are responsive and resolve those very infrequent problems, I'll continue to use them.
Old 12-13-03, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wtf is up with their cheap ass shipping
I got my DVD in a cardboard package with no padding
Seriously (no sarcasm here . . . I'm honestly curious), what companies do you know that do otherwise? CH does that, Amazon does that (unless there are other items mixed in), Buy.com does that, DVDEmpire does that. Are there really companies that pad their cardboard boxes?
the Disc is loose inside the case is is heavily scratched
Absolutely . . . give 'em a call. I'd be really surprised if they did work with you to fix it.
Originally posted by eddiekirk
Without the 20% off, no DDD for me. One of mine was missing 2 of the security stickers. But it wasn't scratched.

You get what you pay for....
You do realize that not all DVD's come with 3 security stickers, right? In fact, I've purchase some that didn't have any (although very rarely) and I have seen many that only have one or two . . . especially snappers.

Anyway . . . why would lack of security stickers 1) be an indication of a cheaper product (as implied by "You get what you pay for....") and 2) why would that keep you from buying from them without the 20% off? I'm having trouble making the connection . . .

This maybe the first post that I have seen in which someone has complained about too few security stickers.
Old 12-13-03, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so what's the exchange experience like with DDD?
and no my package was not opened, I have a locked mailbox
Most likely, since its close to the holidays, they will send you a new one right away and then send you a shipping label to send the damaged one back in. They will charge you for the another and then credit you back when they process your returned one. Well atleast, I think thats what they would do at this time of year.

But if its their so called policy that they told me to do last spring then you have to wait for the shipping label to come. Then send the damaged one back and wait for them to process it and if its in-stock they ship it then. Mine took about 7 weeks from the time when a damaged Dvd arrived to me to when I had a working copy from them.

Also, always call them do not use email.

Last edited by ernestrp; 12-13-03 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-13-03, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by talemyn
Seriously (no sarcasm here . . . I'm honestly curious), what companies do you know that do otherwise? CH does that, Amazon does that (unless there are other items mixed in), Buy.com does that, DVDEmpire does that. Are there really companies that pad their cardboard boxes?
I can vouch that DVD Pacific do. All my orders arrive with either these little plastic air pillows or sheets of paper stuffed in the cardboard box to stop movement of the discs.
Old 12-13-03, 08:35 AM

You do realize that not all DVD's come with 3 security stickers, right? In fact, I've purchase some that didn't have any (although very rarely) and I have seen many that only have one or two . . . especially snappers.
Yes I do, just be sarcastic. In the early days of DVD (1st year), many didn't have the stickers. But lately most do have the 3, unless it's a box set. Snappers are usually top and bottom only.

Anyway . . . why would lack of security stickers 1) be an indication of a cheaper product (as implied by "You get what you pay for....") and 2) why would that keep you from buying from them without the 20% off? I'm having trouble making the connection . . .
It was just a quick reply, really no connection. But without the 20% off, I wouldn't have ordered what I did. Most I can get at the same price or better. Like Escape from NY SE (BB - 16.99 vs DDD - $20.xx) I just order online when B&Ms don't carry it.

This maybe the first post that I have seen in which someone has complained about too few security stickers.
Removing all those stickers is a good aerobic workout. I guess it has slowed thieves down a little.
Old 12-13-03, 01:46 PM

Is unbeeleebable the owner of DVD Pacific or something? He or she is in almost every thread talking about how great it is, regardless of the original subject. Their DVDs look overpriced to me. So tell me again why I should use DVD Pacific instead of cheaper alternatives?
Old 12-13-03, 10:16 PM

Just a very satisifed customer showing appreciation where it is due...the nice people there have gone out of there way on more than one occassion to assist me so I am happy to spread the word. After all you don't see enough of it these days I feel.
Old 12-14-03, 01:29 AM
Cool New Member

he gets free dvds for posting LOL
Old 12-14-03, 06:04 AM

2 a post actually!!...LOL
Old 12-15-03, 03:16 PM
Cool New Member

I order a Civil Action on the 4th. DDD shipped it on the 8th I recieved it today. So it must sucks to be you. I have had no problems.
Old 12-15-03, 03:31 PM

Amazon usually includes the "puffy" air bag, while DVD Empire usually gives you styrofoam peanuts. My last order from DDD had some crumpled up heavy paper to fill in the gap. Most reputable online stores pad the extra space in their boxes with SOMETHING...it's just common sense.

My guess is your lack of padding was just a misfortunate oversight.

Just for the record, my last shipment from DDD (The Alien Quadilogy) had a loose and scratched disc...put it played with no problems. If the disc is scratched, you might as well check it out before you waste your time sending it back...nine times out of ten they play fine.

Last edited by Spooky; 12-15-03 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-15-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Spooky
Amazon usually includes the "puffy" air bag, while DVD Empire usually gives you styrofoam peanuts. My last order from DDD had some crumpled up heavy paper to fill in the gap. Most reputable online stores pad the extra space in their boxes with SOMETHING...it's just common sense.
I see those with multiple disk orders, but single disc ones I've always seen in the individual disc boxes. In my experience, DDD usually packs some packing paper in when there are more than on disc in the shipping box.
Old 12-15-03, 09:05 PM

Shipping is free, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-15-03, 09:52 PM

My Alien set arrived today, and while the discs were properly in place, disc 1 was nevertheless scratched and caused skipping in my player about an hour into the film. I am returning it tomorrow - hopefully I'll have a replacement by X-mas, but I doubt it

On my previous order, one keep case was broken, but the disc was alright, so i didn't bother sending that one back.
Old 12-15-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I received my first order of 4, in which one was a floater and packaged "messily." Since the disk plays fine, I'll just have to be content with the shipping method I selected....
Old 12-16-03, 05:55 AM
Cool New Member

The disc was out of the holder but could have been me opening the package. I have Cerebral Palsy so I tend to shake and it could have came lose.
Old 12-16-03, 07:01 AM

I don't get the "padding" or "peanuts" discussion. Neither do anything to stop the entire package from being jostled during shipping. Neither can prevent the disk from coming loose from the hub.
Old 12-16-03, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Ephemeral_Life
My Alien set arrived today, and while the discs were properly in place, disc 1 was nevertheless scratched and caused skipping in my player about an hour into the film. I am returning it tomorrow - hopefully I'll have a replacement by X-mas, but I doubt it

On my previous order, one keep case was broken, but the disc was alright, so i didn't bother sending that one back.
This was the same disc loose and scratched on my Alien set! I wonder if this is a trend?! My disc played fine, however - I didn't have to return it.
Old 12-16-03, 05:27 PM

I ordered the Jurassic Park box set on Nov. 30th and it was said to be shipped on Dec. 3rd. I am still waiting for it today, Dec. 16th. A friend of mine ordered Meet Joe Black last week and recieved his DVD yesterday from DDD using free shipping as well. I've e-mailed DDD about this, I am concerned. I've had good luck with them before, I'm just worried about this one. Should I be? Or is this normal. This is only the 3rd time I've used DDD.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.