Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have any information about Gaspar Noe's Sodomites?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-03, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whenever critics make references to French director Gaspar Noe’s other work in their reviews for his films (Most notably the ones for Irreversible), they always say that he has some screenwriting credit, and that his directing credit is Carne, Seul Contre Tous (I Stand Alone), and Sodomites. Now, the first two I’ve seen (Carne is a 40-minute award-winning short film, and Seul Contre Tous is Noe’s international breakout picture), but Sodomites I don’t know much about. I know it’s 7-minutes long, and that Noe made it specifically for French TV, but does anyone have any other information about it? What the actual story is? Critics make references to it like, “Gaspar Noe has always been known for controversy in his films, which include Carne, I Stand Alone, and Sodomites…” So I’m inclined to believe it's disturbing in some way (Noe has never been known for subtlety)... Does anyone know too where I might be able to get a copy of it (I'm a big fan of Noe's work)? I probably have to get it imported from Europe… Sorry about this, it’s just, those god damn critics got me interested!

Last edited by daViincii; 12-12-03 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-12-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I doubt many critics have ever seen "sodomites"; they just see it on Noe's IMDb page, and say it's controversial because of the title and Noe's body of work. Just google "gaspar noe sodomites", and you get a mess of critics that refer to it but obviously don't know what it's about.

"Sodomites" doesn't necessarily mean that. It could describe some of my bosses, or the government on payday.

Last edited by DonnachaOne; 12-12-03 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-12-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Sodomites" doesn't necessarily mean that. It could describe some of my bosses, or the government on payday.

. . . . . .