Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Pc recomendations/descriptions?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-11-03, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about picking up some star trek pc games, but I don't know by the titles what I would like.

Please recomend any non-space-flying-type games. Action/ Advernture/exploration on foot stuff is what I'd prefer. I know there are some of them out there, but I have no idea what they are. I have no interest in the "choose/design your ship and take on the __________ (dominion, borg, etc)" style games.

Please give a title and brief description of the setting/crew/gamestyle/opinion of the game.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-03, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I played Star Trek: Hidden Evil a few years back. Kind of a Resident Evil type gameplay. Picks up right where ST: Insurrection the movie leaves off. Authentic voices are pretty much the highlight of the game. You play as Data and Picard and solve this romulan plot regarding the Baku homeworld, or something. Only PC star trek game i've ever played.

In fact, i saw it at the Dollar Store the other day for 1$. It almost looked like a bootleg, the cd was only printed in black and white, and it was in a plain blank jewel case. Thought it looked out of place.
Old 12-11-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like Starcraft/Warcraft type games go for Star Trek: Armada
Old 12-11-03, 12:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
If you like the Space Quest style adventure games, try TNG: A Final Unity or TOS: Judgment Rites.
Old 12-12-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 953 Likes on 661 Posts
Another vote for Star Trek: Armada

It is a Real Time Series RTS like Warcraft and Command and Conquer. With more emphasis on the action rather than the building.

There is a sequel as well. Both should be pretty cheap.
Old 12-12-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Armada is good. There is also Bridge Commander. And there are the Starfleet Command series of which the third version is supposed to be decent.
Old 12-12-03, 09:44 AM

Get this:
http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/Gogam...521&PID=603315
and Elite Force II. Armada has been dscribed previously, Elite Force is based on the Voyager storyline, Elite Force II on TNG's. Both are first person shooters and both are excellent games.

Last edited by SteelWill; 12-12-03 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-12-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Star Trek Pc recomendations/descriptions?

Originally posted by andrew_randy
Please recomend any non-space-flying-type games. Action/ Advernture/exploration on foot stuff is what I'd prefer.
The problem with the games suggested above is that they're relatively modern games: first-/third-person-shooters with a Star Trek feel. But that's exactly how they play, too: they closely fit the "circle-strafe around the (x) and blast it with the (y)" template. You can use that same template for Half-Life (x = headcrab, y = pistol) or Hexen (x = orc, y = flame staff) as you can for Star Trek (x = Romulan, y = phaser.) It really feels like the same game: primarily a first-person shooter, and second a Star Trek game.

There are a couple of older games that feel primarily like a Star Trek adventure: Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgment Rites. They're point-and-click adventure games, but the story lines are good, the atmosphere is more authentic, and the gameplay is just good Star Trek fun. Descriptive links and screenshots are available here and here, and the first one is available for free download as abandonware.

- David Stein