Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Japan based DVDTalkers care to help?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-03, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need 2 Plush Domokun Figures Real bad...and the dealers in this country that I have found mostly are selling "bootleg" Domos, and I don't like their shady looking sites to order from...

Can anyone help out that's in Japan? I'm willing to "pay through the nose" or respond with a nice package of DVDs of your choice or whatever...please let me know.
Old 12-11-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How tall are you looking for? I know your in Pittsburgh, but if you are ever in the NYC/NJ area you should try going to the Japanese mall Mitsuwa (formerly known as Yaohan) in Edgewater, NJ right on the Hudson River. There is a stationary shop in their that I think carries them. Their prices are pretty decent, atleast on their Kogepan plushies.

I will be going there this weekend or early next week (as I always do lol) I will check out the prices for you if they do indeed have them and let you know.
Old 12-11-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts
jlist.com sells alot of domokun goods. They might have what you are looking for, and they are definitely reputable and only sell legitimate items.
Old 12-11-03, 11:17 AM

So I said to myself: "What's a Domokun?" I never turn down an opportunity to conduct internet research!

Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster hatched from an egg who lives with a wise old rabbit underground. He really, really likes TV and also enjoys rocking out to Guitar Wolf.

Oooookay.
Old 12-11-03, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by elias
So I said to myself: "What's a Domokun?" I never turn down an opportunity to conduct internet research!

Domo-kun is a small brown open-mouthed monster hatched from an egg who lives with a wise old rabbit underground. He really, really likes TV and also enjoys rocking out to Guitar Wolf.

Oooookay.
For anyone else wondering:

Old 12-11-03, 02:50 PM

Now this begs the question... why would anyone be willing to fork out excessive amounts of money or wads of DVDs in order to get themselves what, to all intents and purposes, looks like a cross between an angry cookie and a steaming tur...?!!
Old 12-12-03, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts
Domo-kun is the official mascot of a Japanese TV network (NHK). It seems almost every kind of Japanese company has a cute and/or wacky cartoon mascot, even banks:

My wife's friend works at the bank that has the above mascot ("Bankoo") and so, we have a bunch of merchandise featuring this strange little guy. Those wacky Japanese!

Last edited by cultshock; 12-12-03 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-12-03, 06:08 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

japanese banks give out pillows, us banks give out guns