DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : deepdiscountdvd CSR's not following thru

samd
12-10-03, 05:54 PM
Well, I have been lurking these boards for only a couple weeks and never had anything to say until now. I tried to get onboard the 20% sale at Deepdiscountdvd at the last minute as I did not know about it. 11pm EST Friday, Dec 5th I filled up my shopping cart with $400 worth of stuff. Clicked to finish up and pay and the shopping cart crashed. Tried again and again. The site work, just the cart would not go forward. Gave up after 20 minutes. Clicked on the cs@deepdiscount email address link they had and sent off an email from my account email. Asked them if they would honor it after that day since their website would not allow it to go through.

Nothing happens until 4 days later, yesterday I call (after busy signals all day) around 3m. The rep asked for my autoreply email number. I told him I did not think I had one (could not check that email at work), but said I would check when I get home. Went home after work, no email. Called back and got Matt. Explained about the broken cart and apparently broken email at the time since my account did not go through. And unless they are blocking roadrunner email, the problem was not at my end. He was very helpful when he said to go ahead and place the order, then wait until it was on the system and call back and I could get the 20% manually applied. Even said if there was a problem to ask for him by name and he would do it. Great CSR experience except for one problem..........HE LIED!

Today, 30 minutes ago, I finally get through after all day busy signals again. The order shows on my account so I figure they can do the 20% now. Guy I talk to says no way, they can not do it. He checks with both Matts and they both deny knowledge. No notes on my account that say otherwise either. Supervisor says without any of that, then no deal. So basically, they pretend as if I never even spoke to anyone there the night before. They pretend I did not send them an email. Then he asks why I did not place the order on Saturday. I told him I was waiting for the reply to my email they say they never received. Why would I order before I knew I could get the discount? He says that because they were getting refunds directly from the studio, they could not honor that price because they could not get it anymore. But he also implied that had they received my email Friday night they would have honored it. Yet he just said they were not doing manuals because they could not get it from the studio anymore, so which is it? I told him I could forward the original email I sent which would be time/date stamped by the system to show when it was originally created and sent. He said I could but he did not see that it would do any good, so at that point it sounded like he was just making up stuff without really paying any attention to his own answers, which were starting to conflict...............

So to wrap this up (as if you are not completely bored), I told him to cancel the backorders and I will "return to sender" the two items that were already pulled. Kind of sucks that they played me like that. Oh well, like I told him, this is 100% of my experience with deepdiscountdvd, so I would not be back. Though he tried to act a little like he cared, it was fairly obvious that he was not real concerned as he did not offer to do anything at all. This is why I just pay the higher prices at stores, because if it is in stock, you get the advertised price and you walk away with it. None of this hoping they will actually honor what they say on the phone when you are not there in person.

What really sucks is I did not try to cheat them, abuse a deal or anything else which might have gained me any apathy from them. I never knew about their site until I saw it on these boards. I simply saw a good deal at the last minute and tried to get on board and try them out for the first time. But then first I get screwed by their ordering system, then by their email system and finally by their CSR system, all within a 5 day span. All that is left for them to do really is to come over to my house and kick my dog.............

signed: The Deepdiscountdvd customer that never was!

chente
12-10-03, 06:17 PM
I've never had an experience like this with them in all the times I've used them. It sounds like their system/staff was basically overrun by the increase in traffic. Too bad you were a casualty of it.

ArconX
12-10-03, 06:35 PM
I know how you feel ...

On 01/12/2003 i placed my order. 165 dvd's for 1300$ worth of dvd's ... So far so good (expect the then slow ass site).

On 02/12/2003 i got my confirmation mail that my order was made ... so far so good ...

My online status showed that 2/3 of the order was available & was gone be shipped on 05/12/2003 ... the rest in backorder to be shipped on 12/12/2003 ...

So ... 05/12/2003 came & gone ... on 06/12/2003 i mailed them sinds they claim to send a mail when your order ships ... i dident get any responce ... On 08/12 i got a confirmation somebody read my mail ( & got a tracking nr ).

Still no answer ... A few hours later i notice a status change of my order online ... Yes i think ... then i see that EVERY dvd in my order show's CANCELLED ... I'm like wtf!

So i send a angry mail ...

09/12/2003 ... no responce ... again a angry mail ...

Final!, on 10/12/2003 i get a responce, claiming that my visa has a time limit & they tried sinds 02/12/2003 to charge it but it dident work ... Hmmmmm ... Now that's strang as hell sinds on the other shops my cc works perfect ... Even more strange that i found over a dozen people already with the identical same situation ...

So i send them a mail back & told them to charge it again & contact me by mail so i can tell my bank to let the charge pass ...

As you can tell, still no answer back, & no status change of my order ...

From what i have read where people have had the same problem ( have found already a few dozen people on the net with a identical expierence where there card wasent charged, and who's cc worked perfect for all other shops ), i can kiss my 20% bye bye, sinds the always come back that you need to place a new order ...

As you can tell, i'm pissed like hell ...

Snausage
12-10-03, 06:49 PM
I don't mean to be rude but I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who waits until the last hour of a seven day sale.

deadlax
12-10-03, 06:52 PM
I placed three orders. All three went through without a hitch. I have been using DDD for a few years now, and have never had one problem. I'm sorry these orders did not work out for you.

SRGilbert
12-10-03, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Snausage
I don't mean to be rude but I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who waits until the last hour of a seven day sale. That's funny because I did exactly the same thing, but so far no problems.

mhmurray
12-10-03, 08:43 PM
What surprises me is that you are surprised by this company's behavior. This type of BS is the status quo in America. Customer service is basically dead, and has been for years.

All voice mail messages should say the following:

"Hi, I'm probably here, but have no desire to hear your whining or question or whatever else you have to say, especially for the lousy $8 an hour I'm getting. I do want to congratulate you though, for getting this far. I'll have to talk to management about increasing the 4 hour hold/que time. Now that you are here, you can leave a message, but you and I both know, I'll never return it. Sure, I could lie and give you the ole, I'll call you back ASAP crap. Paalease...I've got better things to do. When I delete your message, if I even bother to listen to it, that's it. You and your boring diatribe are in the abyss forever. And when you call back, you will have to go through this entire nightmare all over again. You can always ask for a manager. But guess what! They are all in a meeting. And have been for 2 months straight. But I'll make sure one of them calls you back as soon as Brad Pitt takes me out for the weekend. I won't insult you by asking you to email us, because not even you could be so stupid as to think we will actually reply. Finally, thank you for calling xxx company, and as always, we put our customers first."

mraor
12-10-03, 09:16 PM
I've had a couple of nightmare experiences with these folks, also. I've been ordering with them for over a year and I haven't had any trouble until this October.

I placed an order for the 5.99 Tenacious D DVD in Mid-October. It's not scheduled to ship for a couple weeks, no problem. I e-mailed them the day after I placed my order, alerting them to the fact that I had neglected to change my mailing address. I provided them with the new address, appologizing. I get an e-mail that confirms that my e-mail be will looked at within 24 hours. I get an e-mail confirmation 2 weeks later saying the dvd has been shipped to the wrong address!

I immediately respond back, copying them on the order history and my follow up e-mail. Other than an autmoated response, nothing. Then I resend the resent material, inquiring to find out how this could have happened and to cancel the order. They finally responded 3 days later, saying that they could send another dvd out to me, but that I would be billed. If/when they receive the 1st one back from the old address, they'll credit me. I contacted my old landlord (good, honest guy we'd been with for 5 years - ex cop), says there haven't been any deliveries, and if so, he'd certainly call us.

I take a few steps back from this situation, realizing that I had committed the initial error with the address, I had certainly done everything to insure that the error could be addressed, but never-the-less, 1 screw up out of several orders. We called and got it settled (or so I thought) and the original 5.99 was credited back to me and it would re-ship (cuz it was on back order) December 14th.

Now comes the 20% off deal. I've had my eye on this 30-plus dollar Marillion DVD since it was released during the summer. With the discount, it would ship for 21.08. I had to go for it. Oh boy...here comes more heartache and headache.

I place the order and get the e-mail saying that I'll receive contact soon. 4 days go by, so I call. No record of the order, but they'll place it for me now.

This week comes and my wife wants to know why the account has been billed THREE TIMES for 5.00 from DDD and TWICE for 21.08 and 28-plus dollars. I go livid. Getting on the phone for an hour, my wife finally settles this. DDD was saying that there was no record of an online order for Marillion and that we had placed it by PHONE! I offered to send them a copy of the e-mail confirmation for the order. Then, one time they put the order through and CHARGED me for the 2 day delivery charge than they had originally offered to me as a way of saying sorry! By now we wanted to just cancel out all of the orders. They'd already shipped - sorry! What a coincidence, eh? We'd have them in about 5-7 days. WAIT a minute! What happened with the courtesy 2-3 day shipping. Looks like that wasn't applied after all! ARRRRGGGGH!!!

It was a series of screw ups on their part that I had to share with you all. The bottom line is that I'd rather spend an extra 3 or 4 per DVD and know that I'm doing business with a reputable entity. The tone we got from the superevisor was delplorable. She did not show empathy and she did not take responsibility for the errors. I guess any of us could offer cut rates on product if we all hired crappy support staff like this!

Discoutns are great, but at what price, man?!

DDD will never see another dollar from me, man. EVER!

marty888
12-10-03, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by samd
Well, I have been lurking these boards for only a couple weeks and never had anything to say until now. I tried to get onboard the 20% sale at Deepdiscountdvd at the last minute as I did not know about it. 11pm EST Friday, Dec 5th I filled up my shopping cart with $400 worth of stuff. Clicked to finish up and pay and the shopping cart crashed. Tried again and again. The site work, just the cart would not go forward. <b>Gave up after 20 minutes.</b> Clicked on the cs@deepdiscount email address link they had and sent off an email from my account email. Asked them if they would honor it after that day since their website would not allow it to go through.........
I simply saw a good deal at the last minute and tried to get on board and try them out for the first time. But then first I get screwed by their ordering system, then by their email system and finally by their CSR system, all within a 5 day span. All that is left for them to do really is to come over to my house and kick my dog.............

Too bad you didn't lurk long enough to read that many people had problems getting through the checkout process due to the huge amount of activity on the site, and sometimes it took several tries and more than 20 minutes.

One of my orders actually went through TWICE, because I received TWO email confirmations. I immediately called Customer Service (took about 2 minutes to get through), explained the problem, was put on hold and then told that it would be taken care of and that only ONE order would actually get processed. As promieed, only one order got processed. They followed through. Incidentally, this was my 37th order with DDD since they opened.

mraor
12-10-03, 09:22 PM
I just e-mailed a link to these posts to the generic customer service e-mail at DDD to let them know that I followed my word and would be letting their customers know about my negative experience. I urge y'all to do the same!

SOLIDARITY!

samd
12-10-03, 10:11 PM
i don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, but if you notice I stated in the beginning that I did not even know about this sale until the last minute, basically that Friday afternoon. I sat down about 2 hours before the deadline and placed an hour. The site being down was no fault of mine. The email server swallowing my email with no traces was no fault of mine. The CSR lying about either giving me the 20% or not talking to me at all was no fault of mine. And it definitely had nothing to do with when I logged on.

I had no problem with the experience of them cancelling the order. I called them up and was promised a resolution and when I called back for the follow up as I had been instructed, I was basically told that no one there had ever talked to me before. It would have been different had the guy on Tuesday night simply said, sorry the sale price was not set by us but by the supplier, so we can not honor late orders. But instead he stated they would honor the price and then everyone pretended I never called. That is what this is about. Not about a business being hit with tons of business during a good sale at christmas. But a business with CSR's that lie and do nothing about it. Yes, someone lied. Either the guy who said they would honor it lied saying that, or he lied when he said he did not talk to me, or they were all in agreement on the lie because they did not want to lose $80 worth of 20% of a $400 order. I would have thought that would be a cheap price for taking care of a new customer. But as many here will attest, their perfect record keeps them coming back, so DDD is not worried about complaints from me while their customer base remains strong. Sucks, but that is how it is.

oh, and I copied this link to them in an email as well, with a forwarded copy of my original email with the time/date stamp just for grins. I don't expect, nor at this point would I want, a change in their stance towards me. Actually, the main reason I sent them an email was to see if I got an autoreply from that address. Of course I got one, so their email server really did swallow my email whole, since I got no autoreply and no unable to deliver message either.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

jericko
12-10-03, 11:54 PM
I am having a similar problem, and yes, the CSRs lie!!!!I have been charged $400 on my CC, and yes, its not a hold, and nothing has been shipped. Its been 3 weeks, and I have called 9 times, after the 5 call, I write down names, times, and what was said. I have spoke to a "Jr" twice, and he freaking just makes up BS to get you off the phone. EVERY time I call I get; a different reason. I put in my order on Nov 26, thinking I would get it way before x-mas, now it looks like I am screwed.

And to all the people in this forum how say, too bad, DDD does not need you as a customer, they are wrong. I have placed over 20 orders in the past year, and would have done so again next year. Because of this one expereice that is so bad, I will never buy from DDD again, and tell all my friends/family to stay away also. Yes, alot of new people ordered from DDD with the coupon, but over 3/4 will not order from DDD again. They just took advantage of the coupon. All DDD did with this promotion was piss off alot of the loyal customers, and the people who tried them for the 1st time, and are seeing web page problems, slow shipping, and alot of back-order are not getting a good 1st impression. Two of my co-workers took advantage of the promotion. For both, it was their 1st experience with DDD, and both are having problems with their order, so I really doubt they will order from DDD again.

Engel07
12-11-03, 01:10 AM
Count me as another unhappy customer. They're going to lose a good customer like myself who is starting to collect DVD as a hobby. They don't seem to realize they'll be losing their credibility as a DVD source on the net. Don't they know customer service is the key to their business for repeat customers and new customers?

I don't care if they have 50% coupon in the near future because they'll be wasting my time!

I'm still pissed.

cupon
12-11-03, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by jericko
I am having a similar problem, and yes, the CSRs lie!!!!I have been charged $400 on my CC, and yes, its not a hold, and nothing has been shipped. Its been 3 weeks, and I have called 9 times, after the 5 call, I write down names, times, and what was said. I have spoke to a "Jr" twice, and he freaking just makes up BS to get you off the phone. EVERY time I call I get; a different reason. I put in my order on Nov 26, thinking I would get it way before x-mas, now it looks like I am screwed.

You spoke with JR too? That's the same guy who lied to me and said he'd ship out my "in process" orders 3 days ago.

As of today, the credit card "authorization" which DDD placed on my bank account has expired and been credited back to my account. As I've read with other posts here, I wouldn't be surprised if DDD cancelled my entire order coupled with an unwillingness to honor the 20% coupon for a reorder.

I do believe that these CSR are liars and simply make stuff up. I'm disgusted with how DDD have conducted their business.

Big O Anime_Fan
12-11-03, 07:52 AM
After that sale I think they can afford to lose some customers, if you had mroe than one bad experience with ddd.com I suggest just shopping somewhere else.

I've never had a negative experience with them and will continue to give them my business.

Classic Films
12-11-03, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear people have been having problems with DDD.
This has never been my experience and I have ordered from them quite often.
A problem i had with the 20% off sale was with Pirates of the Carribean DVD. The charged me $15.91 instead of $14.31.
Called them and after several busy signals got through. They credited my account the $1.60 difference and sent me an E-Mail confirming that they did this.

They have been a good E-tailer for me and they will continue to get my business.

BlasTech Industries CEO
12-11-03, 12:13 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'll prepend this by saying I'm a long time DDD purchaser, never had problems, and I placed my order on the 3rd of Dec.

After I had all my items in my cart on Wednesday I went to the checkout. Looked and looked, could not find a field to place the coupon in. Went back and looked more, still no field. Clicked forward, didn't think this click would check me out, but it did. So, I'm stuck with the $200 total I had. I wasn't going to make the purchase unless I got the 20% off. So I immediately e-mailed CS to see what the problem was. No reply, no auto reply. Sent them a follow up e-mail on Monday. No reply, but this time got an autoreply. So now I've got an autoreply dated Tuesday, and I'm guessing they won't give me the discount because it wasn't dated at the immediate time I made the order, even though I certainly did send them one that day. So I'm guessing I am going to be given the runaround as well. It sounds like calling them won't help either. Great. I told them to give me the discount or to cancel. Mentioned I am a long time customer and all that. We'll see. They have some really good prices and the free shipping is great, but they may lose me as a customer after this fiasco too.

-BlasTech

D-Ball
12-11-03, 12:55 PM
BlasTech, why didn't you just call them right away? They might have been able to apply the coupon over the phone, or you could have cancelled your order and placed a new order with the coupon. Email is never the best way to handle time-sensitive issues like yours was.

Low RG
12-11-03, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech Industries CEO
I'm in the same boat. I'll prepend this by saying I'm a long time DDD purchaser, never had problems, and I placed my order on the 3rd of Dec.

After I had all my items in my cart on Wednesday I went to the checkout. Looked and looked, could not find a field to place the coupon in. Went back and looked more, still no field. Clicked forward, didn't think this click would check me out, but it did. So, I'm stuck with the $200 total I had. I wasn't going to make the purchase unless I got the 20% off. So I immediately e-mailed CS to see what the problem was. No reply, no auto reply. Sent them a follow up e-mail on Monday. No reply, but this time got an autoreply. So now I've got an autoreply dated Tuesday, and I'm guessing they won't give me the discount because it wasn't dated at the immediate time I made the order, even though I certainly did send them one that day. So I'm guessing I am going to be given the runaround as well. It sounds like calling them won't help either. Great. I told them to give me the discount or to cancel. Mentioned I am a long time customer and all that. We'll see. They have some really good prices and the free shipping is great, but they may lose me as a customer after this fiasco too.

-BlasTech

Blas,
I was having the same problem at first, no place to enter the coupon code, so I checked these boards to see if other people where having the same problem. Found out all you had to do was log off their site and log back on to have the coupon entering area re-appear before checkout, problem solved.
Placed my orders with no problems, 3 of my 4 orders have already shipped complete with 1 order waiting on backordered items.
Sometimes you can find an answer to a problem at these boards way faster than trying to email the CSR reps at these e-tailers, thanks DVDTalk members! :D

BlasTech Industries CEO
12-11-03, 03:30 PM
Low RG- Yeah, I wish I had done just that, unfortunately that thought didn't occur to me (bangs head) Yeah, usually this place has the answers doesn't it! :) Oh well. They've shipped my order now, still no word from CS. Guess I'm out that extra $40 that I should have saved on the 20% off. Great.

-BlasTech

BlasTech Industries CEO
12-11-03, 03:33 PM
D-Ball

It was 2AM and I was tired, and I was on a flight to Chicago the next morning at 8. No time to make the call, so I hoped e-mail would suffice. Plus, from what I read here, their Phone CS is no better. :(

-BlasTech

talemyn
12-11-03, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech Industries CEO
D-Ball

It was 2AM and I was tired, and I was on a flight to Chicago the next morning at 8. No time to make the call, so I hoped e-mail would suffice. Plus, from what I read here, their Phone CS is no better. :(

-BlasTech As I mentioned in a different thread email is never a good way to work with DDD. Apperantly, they get so many emails in their CSR email queue, that they often can not get to them before the orders have been forwarded on to their fulfillment center and, by then, there is nothing that they can do. At least in your case, they might be able to apply the discount after-the-fact. Give 'em a call . . . it couldn't hurt.

kcdny
12-11-03, 09:08 PM
No problems with this sale for me. But I am still waiting for Scarface to be delivered since the week it was released. Ya think somebody stole it? They reordered for me and I never got the reorder. But I have gotten the 5 or 6 orders I placed after that. Not that I am complaining or anything.

Fed-Ex Pope
12-12-03, 09:32 AM
I am a first time customer as well, and have had lots of problems with DDD. You might have read about them in another thread (the one with all the trouble with the CC Hitchock Box Set, named "Is ANYTHING left at DDD?") when I last posted, they had deleted my account and refused to respond to my emails...After a while, I went and spent that money on the Alien Quadrilogy. Now several days later, I get an email saying that they SHIPPED my order! I raced to their site, and sure enough I was able to log on.

....But I do not have the 71 bucks in my account anymore.(Which tends to happen when you get told your order is discontinued, you are refunded the cost, and the company refuses contact with you for days) But according to my order status, it HAS shipped. Bank account does not show a negative balance, so who knows if they stopped the order or WHAT. Maybe I will get the item and they will automatically take 71.00 when i deposit my paycheck on the 15th, who knows....I am not keeping my hopes up.

Not only all of that, but I also had my father order me several Criterions and MST3K discs through his credit card. (BEFORE I encountered all the trouble, obviously)The first partial order should have "Hellcats" and "Beginning of the End" It even says that is what they shipped on the sheet that came with the box...But no, I have two Hellcats, no BotE. One copy has obviously been opened and reshrinked (a BAD job at that) The disc is a floater, too! Supposedly they will send BotE with another partial shipment, but again, I have learned not to expect much with DDD...I only hope that my order is filled, I get everything scratch free, and me/my father is not overcharged in some way so I can be THROUGH with this company for good!

EDIT:
I should add that the partial order they sent was through USPS, instead of Fed-Ex or UPS...so my big box of DVDs was lovingly rubber-banded around the lowered door of my mailbox, which sits at the street corner. Very lucky that someone didn't steal it or bash it with a bat or something...I guess this all depends on your mail-carrier, but at least those private companies will make their guys come to your door, reducing the chance of theft....

cseyer
12-12-03, 09:54 AM
I order three times during the sale with only one issue. I ordered a FOOL SCREEN version of Liar Liar by mistake, my fault not theirs. I had already opened the DVD so I was offered via phone another coupon code to reorder the correct version on Friday evening. I placed that order and will receive the new DVD today. I have had extremely good luck w/ DDD and find their customer service via telephone to be very good. Sorry some have had bad experiences but it sounds like the original poster had issues w/ his internet connection. Doesnt sound like a DDD problem to me. That being said Im certain that the CSR's were overwhelmed during the sale with the national ad's they ran. Email responses were likely the first thing to be put off with all working the phones.

talemyn
12-12-03, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by cseyer
I had already opened the DVD so I was offered via phone another coupon code to reorder the correct version on Friday evening.Another coupon code!!! :whofart: :drool: Wanna share!! :D

Just kidding . . . that wouldn't be nice . . . ;) Plus . . . I haven't finished printing out the new batch of money that I would need to use it anyway. :lol: