Reload this Page >

Andrew Firestone, aka The Bachelor (#3), on the road to Splitsville

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-09-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Another Bachelor 'match' goes down in flames. I'm sure Fat Bob and Estella are heading down that path too.

Third 'Bachelor' Strikes Out
(Monday, December 08 05:57 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In what will come as a surprise to absolutely no one, ABC's third "Bachelor," Andrew Firestone, has split with his chosen-on-national-TV honey, Jennifer Schefft.
"Our love for each other was genuine, but we confronted the same challenges as any other couple trying to make a relationship work day-to-day," Schefft says in a statement.

According to Firestone, the decision was the result of "long and thoughtful discussion" and that his and Schefft's parting of the ways "is totally amicable, and, though we care for each other deeply, we have come to realize that our future goals are different."

This is the third "Bachelor" couple to come undone. Bachelor No. 1 Alex Michel and Amanda Marsh speedily parted ways, as did Bachelor No. 2 Aaron Buerge and his supposed sweetie Helene Eksterowicz. Time will tell if the most recent picker, Bob Guiney, will go the distance with the lovely Estella Gardinier.
Meanwhile, ABC's first "Bachelorette," Trista Rehn, will have the recent marriage to her pick, Ryan Sutter, televised on Wednesday, Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. ET.
Old 12-09-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I kinda liked that guy.
Old 12-09-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
If any of them were going to last it would have been this pair, too. Well, I guess the rest of them are ****ed then, aren't they?
Old 12-09-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raise your hand if you were surprised.

Anyone? Anyone...? Bueller? Buelllllller...?

Thought so.
Old 12-09-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if you read the Average Joe thread you might think I watch all of these reality shows, but I don't. Never saw any of this series, but have a story to tell in case you want to hear it.

I hadn't even heard of Andrew Firestone until I went to a bachelorette weekend in El Capitan. We went winetasting one day, and when the driver pulled up at the Firestone Winery, the first thing he said was - I timed it well, because "he'll" be her in about five minutes. I said "who will?" and the other girls looked at me like I was insane.

Keep in mind that this was a random day, the winery was fairly empty, and there were mostly couples. That is, until the word spread as "he" walked in - and suddenly about 60-70 women came out of the woodwork. It was like he was a "real" celebrity. And my cousin was one of those clamoring to meet him and get their picture taken with him - AND his girlfriend. Jennifer seemed so nice, and not at all bothered by the attention being heaped on her guy. It's a shame they didn't work out - at least in person they genuinely seemed happy and in love. They hung out for a while and talked to anyone who wanted to - while being surrounded by press. Gotta be hard on anyone.