Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lateshow 12/8

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-03, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Lateshow 12/8

So, Dave had the Survivor loser on, tonight...

wow...

What the hell? How did she last that long on the show? She's DUMB!!
Old 12-08-03, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She was a LOSER! Monty said it right.
Old 12-08-03, 10:59 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hehe, I liked her on the both shows. It was definitely awkward, though. She reminded me of Lauren Graham in that Lauren Graham is always almost hilarious when she's on talk shows, but she seems too nervous and her delivery and timing are off.
Old 12-08-03, 11:03 PM

What The Hell Was That!?!
Old 12-08-03, 11:05 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damon, haha. "I don't really know the guy."
Old 12-08-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So Dave was talking to Matt Damon and mentioned that Matt's shoe was untied. Matt reached down to tie it, they did a close-up of him tying his shoes and his hands were shaking. I thought it was interesting to see that the superstar guests get nervous coming out for an interview. Cuz you don't usually get a sense of their neverousness as you can't usuallys ee their hands shaking...
Old 12-08-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, and Rupert's bit at the Jet's game was great.
Old 12-08-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Last Samuri IV: Those Bastards Found Another Samuri." Best line in the show.
Old 12-09-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

she had to be drunk.
Old 12-09-03, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by nny
Hehe, I liked her on the both shows. It was definitely awkward, though. She reminded me of Lauren Graham in that Lauren Graham is always almost hilarious when she's on talk shows, but she seems too nervous and her delivery and timing are off.
I didn't like her on either, but she didn't seem anything like she was tonight while on the show. Maybe the babbling, but she didn't seem to be as loud or as outspoken.

I know what you mean about Lauren Graham, but she knows what she's doing. She gets going and talks fast and without thinking all the time, but it's almost always somewhat controlled and funny. The girl from Survivor seemed totally drunk and/or nuts.

Always guessing about stars, but Damon does seem like the kind of guy who could just be your buddy. While funny and entertaining as a guest, you can actually get a sense that he's a bit nervous in that element. Granted, I'm not even close to a celebrity, but it did actually seem nervewracking to have to tie your shoe with millions of people watching. I got the feeling Damon would rather have not had to tie the shoe. Funny.
Old 12-09-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by dolphinboy
I know what you mean about Lauren Graham, but she knows what she's doing. She gets going and talks fast and without thinking all the time, but it's almost always somewhat controlled and funny.
Lauren Graham RULES on Conan. I love watching her and Conan interact. Perhaps it's an Irish thang?
Old 12-09-03, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought christa was more eye candy then the other chicks this season.
Old 12-09-03, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by resinrats
Old 12-09-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by resinrats
“Don’t miss the motion picture event of the year - Tom Cruise in the epic blockbuster ‘The Last Samurai.’ And this summer, see the highly-anticipated sequel, ‘The Last Samurai II: Second to Last Samurai.’ Then, fall 2004, catch ‘Last Samurai III: Yet Another Last Samurai Which Means There’s Three Samurais” and ‘The Last Samurai IV: Those Bastards Found Another Samurai!’ Coming to a theater near you.”
Old 12-09-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I gotta leave myself a note or something that Julia Roberts is going to be on Friday night. I love it when she is on there. Does everyone remember when she was on his show several years ago, I think it was right after she married Lyle Lovett? There were going to show a clip of whatever movie she was promoting and he told her to set it up. She told him to do it and kinda leaned over and said "be gentle". He planted one right on her and for the rest of the show he told every guest he kissed Julia Roberts. That was one of the best moments ever on tv for me.
Old 12-10-03, 08:00 AM

Christa was just awful! It was uncomfortably bad! It wasn't funny and she just came off like an idiot. I didn't mind her on Survivor and I even got over her weird-ass voice, but on Letterman she was just awful. Why'd they even have her at the deli and not just sitting with Dave? It was terrible!
Old 12-10-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by collven
I gotta leave myself a note or something that Julia Roberts is going to be on Friday night. I love it when she is on there. Does everyone remember when she was on his show several years ago, I think it was right after she married Lyle Lovett? There were going to show a clip of whatever movie she was promoting and he told her to set it up. She told him to do it and kinda leaned over and said "be gentle". He planted one right on her and for the rest of the show he told every guest he kissed Julia Roberts. That was one of the best moments ever on tv for me.
Letterman is at his best when Julia is on. You know he is just going to be goo-goo-eyed at her presence and then they proceed to flirt w/ each other the entire time. It's always a good show when she is on. I'm sure it helps that I like her more than many of the fine folks around here.
Old 12-10-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yeah, even though I loathe her with a passion , when she's on it's always funny.
Old 12-10-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Favorite Julia Lateshow memory:

Paul: So, Julia?
Julia: Yes, Paul?
Paul: Been laid, lately?