DVD Talk
who else got lucky and got lotr trilogy tuesday tickets? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : who else got lucky and got lotr trilogy tuesday tickets?

Rypro 525
12-05-03, 07:26 PM
:wave:
senator theater man

GatorDeb
12-05-03, 08:56 PM
can't picture myself sitting in a theater for 12 or 13 hours

FiveO
12-05-03, 09:03 PM
I was at the box office about an hour after they opened. They had sold out in 15 minutes.

Greedy people make me angry :mad:

Oh well....I'll be seeing RotK on opening day no matter how long I have to stand in line.

raven56706
12-05-03, 09:06 PM
i got my tickets and i have 1 extra........... sucks

GatorDeb
12-05-03, 09:08 PM
I own the theatrical of FOTR and TTT and the extended of FOTR and TTT... and the ONLY I've seen is the theatrical of FOTR. They take too much time and I hate sitting down for ~3 hours for 1 movie. I want to watch them in this order: theatrical, extended, theatrical, extended. I haven't had a chance to sit down and do it. And then the extras... sigh.

And you want me to sit down for 12 hours? :p

PalmerJoss
12-05-03, 11:03 PM
I'm going and I can't wait. I love these films so much that I have no problem sitting in a theatre for 12+ hours.

cross
12-05-03, 11:11 PM
An audience guaranteed to say for 12+ hours huh?

That's like a car jackers dream.

candyrocket786
12-06-03, 04:18 PM
I'm there.....

B.A.
12-06-03, 04:29 PM
I'm going to see them at Ronnie's 20, I just hope my work schedule doesn't screw things up - usually we are shut down for winter by now and my boss keeps finding things to do. It's getting on my nerves and I am trying not to stress about it.

UWSarge
12-06-03, 06:19 PM
I couldn't get tickets and as it turns out, I wouldn't have been able to go anyways since I'll be on business travel.

Oh well...I'll have my own trilogy day when the ROTK DVD hits next year.

wildcatlh
12-06-03, 07:47 PM
I tried, but too many of them went to *******s who immediately put the tickets on EBay for exorbitant prices. Couldn't get in quick enough.

Neeb
12-07-03, 08:57 PM
I tried to get tickets but failed. And I then realized that all three, one after another in the same theater, was better on paper than in reality. I can take them all one at a time, where I can go get food or sit back or think about them- but I don't want the relentlessness of all three in 12 hours...

Patman
12-08-03, 12:02 AM
Nah gah dah it.

raven56706
12-08-03, 08:01 AM
I got a ticket extra but ebaying it...........

muggins
12-08-03, 08:07 AM
I would have liked to, but from what I saw, the only theater in my area doing this was in Seattle, which is quite a ways off and it would probably have been almost impossible to get a ticket.

It would have been nice, as I still havn't even seen FOTR all the way through.

DaveNinja
12-08-03, 11:45 AM
My wife went and bought 2 tickets, but it sold out and none of our friends got tickets, so we sold the pair on ebay and made 215 bucks. we'll just go opening night with our friends.

Fanboy
12-08-03, 12:07 PM
Yup. Gouged out the wazoo like every other Canuck, but yup.

Patman
12-09-03, 10:41 AM
Perhaps the real question should be:

Who will be wearing "Depends" during this half-day-long movie watching experience?

Fanboy
12-09-03, 12:48 PM
Why the hell would we need to wear diapers?

There is an hour intermission between each feature.

Maybe you have some interesting fetish that crosses movies and sanitation, but leave the rest of us out of it.

Patman
12-09-03, 12:54 PM
With FOTR and TTT clocking in around 3:45 in length, that's a long time for some people.

Jackskeleton
12-09-03, 01:25 PM
I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end....

You know my story.. well atleast most of you. started the threads, up to date with all pieces of info. Got everything down perfectly and the day of was ready for hours. waiting.. waiting and bam! five minutes into it the computer systems go down on thier end for block of orange and arclight was just a pain. got nothing. :(

I really hoped new line would allow more showings to be added, it's not like theaters are busy on a tuesday anyhow with the other films...

MasterCXtreme
12-09-03, 07:25 PM
I'm going, It'll be soooo sweet. I can't believe it's almost here!

Corvin
12-09-03, 07:27 PM
I tried, and failed, but I figure it's for the better.

Now I'll space the films out (I'm seeing the EE's on the big screen seperately), and I'll probably enjoy ROTK more this way.

I haven't decided whether I honestly believe that or if that's just my sour grapes rant.

Rypro 525
12-14-03, 08:40 PM
guys, in your area, what time is rotk starting, at the senator its 10:00pm after a 1 hour 40 min break. (probably be tons of prieviews before that)

Jackskeleton
12-14-03, 09:14 PM
You didn't end up selling your ticket rypro?

Rypro 525
12-14-03, 10:26 PM
nope, i really wanted to feel the atmosphere of a bunch of die hard lotr fans (and one sort of big fan) at one of the greatest and historical theaters in the world.

Jepthah
12-14-03, 10:57 PM
You're gonna have a blast. I move for starting a separate thread after the Day is done to relate everyone's experiences of soaking up the Ring Love. ;)

elengineer
12-14-03, 11:19 PM
Ok, I was lucky enough to get tix...

Jack, I know it can't be much consolation, but thanks for starting the thread. Without that thread, I wouldn't have known about the marathon.

Here is an only-slightly-off-topic question:

For those of you that will be going to Trilogy Tuesday, how early are you planning on getting there? 1hr? 2hrs? What?

(No I am not asking just so I can beat everybody to the theater... :D..I am just curious what the average will be)

Rypro 525
12-14-03, 11:28 PM
i want to get there around 15 to 30 min before the movie starts. depends on the theater, and location. 1 and 2 hours is pushing it.

Jackskeleton
12-14-03, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by elengineer
Ok, I was lucky enough to get tix...

Jack, I know it can't be much consolation, but thanks for starting the thread. Without that thread, I wouldn't have known about the marathon.

Any time. I didn't get tickets, but I did manage to do a sort of back to back thing with FOTR and TTT. I'm pleased they will do normal midnight showings on that tuesday so it might not be trilogy tuesday, but it's still good enough. :)

Glad to be of help to some. :)

mdc3000
12-15-03, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Rypro 525
i want to get there around 15 to 30 min before the movie starts. depends on the theater, and location. 1 and 2 hours is pushing it.

I'm going about 2 hours before... why?? Because the theatre is completely sold out, it's all die hard fans, and nothing would suck more balls than being stuck in the first 3 rows for 12 hours... I paid $50 to be there, I better have the best ****ing seat in the house... so I'm willing to put in some early time to make sure that happens!

MATT

Rypro 525
12-15-03, 10:36 AM
i'll probably report the vibe of the crowd late tomorrow afternoon because i can't stay for the entire show.
"lotr trilogy, sore ass edtiion, vibe, comments, thoughts, ect." will be the thread title.

B.A.
12-15-03, 01:45 PM
Went a day early to get info from the theater and to see where it was since I had never been there before. Since I was there I asked if I could get my tix early...and they happily obliged. Nice - step one complete. Now I just half to get out of work early - when I bought the tix I had no idea we would be working this late into the year and didn't think it would be a problem. The show at Ronnie's start at 2:30 pm and the doors open up at 11 am. The manager told us that they have heard some people will be camping out tonight, so my brother-in-law (who I work w/) and I are trying to get my little brother and somebody else to go over there around 10 am and wait in line and save 8 seats for our group so we don't get stuck in the worst seats possible. Hopefully we will be able to get out of work around noon and get over there - hell, hopefully it just rains tomorrow and they cancel work. :D

I was hoping they would give us laminate tickets to wear around our necks like backstage passes, but all we got were regular theater tix. Maybe they will give out something like that when we go to the show.

Gilgamesh1082
12-15-03, 05:10 PM
1-2 hours before the movie starts???? Are you guys crazy? Do you honestly think you're getting anything other than the front row?

I'm getting at the theater, tent in tow, in about 3 hours to camp for my seats. Seating begins at 12:15 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. Currently its 5:12 p.m. The day before Trilogy Tuesday. In the cold and rainy elements. Beat that.

And if you're wondering why, well, I know the manager of the place, and they've accidentally oversold the place by 10-12 seats. Guess what that means? The people that show up an hour or two before seating begins are gonna get left out in the cold. Unless they're willing to fork over some cash to come up behind me. In the front of the line.

KirstenS
12-15-03, 09:08 PM
I was lucky enough to get enough tickets for me, my fiance, and a friend, but the friend backed out tonight. If anyone is interested, I have one ticket available to the Springdale, OH showing tomorrow at cost.

gcribbs
12-16-03, 01:58 AM
no trilogy tickets although I am seeing it at 12:01 am wednesday morning.

I will be very tired at work , but satisfied I saw ROTK before everyone else at work.

RoQuEr
12-16-03, 08:44 AM
gilgamesh you are being a little extreme. I plan on getting there an hour early. With only 2 of us, thats enough to guarantee a seat that won't kill my neck. I'll have my LOTR tcg, so I won't be bored.

$tarr
12-16-03, 10:13 AM
I didn't get tickets for the marathon at the theatre, but my own marathon starts in about 45 minutes. Who needs to go to the theatre when the EE's are on DVD anyway? I've got tickets for the 12:05am showing of ROTK at the Showcase Cinema in Maumee, OH to round out the marathon.