Reload this Page >

the west wing 12/3

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the west wing 12/3

Old 12-03-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the west wing 12/3

well after 4 years of quality christmas episodes, this one, to me, was thoroughly uneventful. some good setups for future episodes, i guess but nothing to write home about.

the whole will thing is really starting to hack me off. it also just makes me miss sam even more. at first when they showed the outer shot of sam and toby's offices, sam's old office was so dark. then they showed will in there and i'm thinking, "what the heck is will doing still in there?" then he moved to the OEOB later. his character is just so pointless now it's depressing. they had such a good actor but they have done absolutely nothing with him.

the reappearance of the bartlet daughters was nice but all too gloomy. however brief it's always good to see nins siesmaszko again. and zoey was looking good to..."but not that good."

also good to see the exchange at the end between josh and donna.
Old 12-05-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kevin75
i guess but nothing to write home about.
And nothing to write here about?

Wow, here it is Friday, and a total of 4 posts on this episode?

I don’t understand what Will was doing in Sam’s office. Shouldn’t he have already been moved elsewhere?
Old 12-05-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, with the lack of activity in this thread i am thinking "screw the nielsens! the real indicator of a show's quality is dvdtalk thread activity."
Old 12-05-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, with the lack of activity in this thread i am thinking "screw the nielsens! the real indicator of a show's quality is dvdtalk thread activity."
How do you explain all the activity in an Enterprise thread then?
Old 12-05-03, 08:04 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Once again a solid episode, but not AS quality. *sigh*

Between this and ER, I'm losing two of my favorite shows to medicocrity. (Okay, ER was lost 2 seasons ago.)
Old 12-05-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Re: the west wing 12/3

You know, I didn't think this episode was that bad, I thought it was one of the better ones in awhile, more upbeat and like earlier seasons. Nice to see the family again, and I liked the interchange between Josh and the son-in-law, what's his name? I can see future eps about his running for congress, that should be interesting. And I liked the end, with the grandson, that was a good wrap-up

...also good to see the exchange at the end between josh and donna.
Yeah, that was funny! First he tells her a Gift cert, then she does the "fake-like-I'm-happy-about-that" look, then
"Donna."
"Yeah?"
"It's not a gift certificate."
"What is it?"
"Socks"

Anybody besides me think the present is going to turn out to be romantic???
Old 12-05-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: the west wing 12/3

Originally posted by shoppingbear
And I liked the end, with the grandson, that was a good wrap-up
I liked the ending, but it really underscored for me the difference between this season and previous - Sorkin would have made something of that moment, rather than just having it happen. He would have used the perfect music, he would have made it magical and breathtaking. Here, it was just something that happened...

Compare the closing 3 minutes of this ep with the closing of the season one Xmas ep (and with the daughters watching the singers, I found it hard not to compare...), and imagine what Sorkin could have done with the grandfather and grandson.
Old 12-05-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Having just watched the Christmas episode from S1 this one really pales in comparison. It wasn't a bad episode, it was just lacking umph. The only two scenes I really enjoyed where the josh & donna gift certificate scene and the Bartlett/AG scene.