Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 12/2

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 12/2

Stupid Kim showed up again. I guess she could be a little traumatized seeing her dad on the screen but to go yelling at the first person that walked in?
Old 12-02-03, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wouldn't be a season of 24 without Kim being taken hostage! I think she now qualifies as the "Most Stupid TV Character of All Time!"
Old 12-02-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well the guy can't shoot the gun in CTU without drawing attention. Kim should be aware of that fact and use it to her advantage
Old 12-02-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Not the greatest episode of the season.
Not sure what it means that Kyle doesn't have the virus.
The thing with Palmer is boring.
It seemed like nothing really happened.
Should get interesting with Jack held hostage down in Mexico...
(Jack saves the President and L.A., and not once but twice the President gives the OK to have Jack killed. With friends like that...)
Old 12-02-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by uteotw

(Jack saves the President and L.A., and not once but twice the President gives the OK to have Jack killed. With friends like that...)

Jack could have the virus. It would be 1. MAJOR plot twist, and 2. Explain the random coughing Jack has been having. But then again why bring him to Mexico if that were the case?

At least Palmer's liine is gradually getting more interesting.
Old 12-02-03, 10:04 PM

I think I'm pretty much done with this show... its not doing anything for me anymore.
Old 12-02-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The end of the show had me chanting :

Spoiler:
KILL KIM! KILL KIM! KILL KIM!
Old 12-02-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are some people who have trouble all their life, and there are those who just attract it. Kim is the latter. What a maroon!
Old 12-02-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
that will teach Kim for having stupid hair. Pretty good episode with the tension of him and Salazar getting away. Not sure of why they want Jack, maybe other than to torture him.
Old 12-02-03, 11:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
meh

I'm interested in seeing where the virus is now but other then that not much else. If hope we don't end up with Jack surviving another plane crash.

I figured we couldn't get through a season without Kim being taken hostage.

The Palmer story is still boring
Old 12-02-03, 11:40 PM

This seemed like a transitonal episode.

Where is the virus?
Now Jack is going to Mexico, why do they want him alive?
How is Palmer leaving the debate going to hurt his campaign?
Chapelle is now in charge of CTU.
Tony is ok and should be up and around in the next hour or two.
Kim is a hostage...again...for the next time...again...for the next time...well...you get the picture.

I really don't think Gael is a mole or a "bad guy" I think he's maybe working for DEA or CIA trying to get Salazar to Mexico for some reason.

I loved it when Chapelle hugged Michelle, it was so akward and Michelle seemed shocked.

The one thing that really bothered me was Salazar was going to kill Jack while he was unconsious, he seems more like the kinda guy that would kill him when he can see him.
Old 12-02-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually I liked the fact that Salazar was going to kill him right there on the runway. That would have been the normal realistic thing to do. But then that guy went and told him Hector wanted Jack alive. Big mistake, bub...
Old 12-03-03, 12:05 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it, despite its flaws. It provided some nice closure (I tyhink) to the Kyle storyline, and presented new wrinkles to the story arc. I agree that Palmer's "controversial girlfriend" storyline is quite weak. It's just like Kim's "abusive father" storyline from last season in that it's just needless filler to keep a major character active even though they really have little to do in the main storyline.

I like the possibility of Jack being in Mexico for a big chunk of the season. The stuff at CTU with Kim/Michelle/Ryan/etc. provides a solid second arc, and the search for the real virus gives Chase a shot at a 3rd going on. Speaking of, he's emerging as a really good addition these past few episodes.
Old 12-03-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked it but was bothered by 2 things:

1) Could everyone's timing be ANY worse? Everything was missed by just 2 seconds. Kyle was recovered 2 seconds before Jack took off in the helicopter. Jack got the helicopter over downtown LA just 2 seconds before they were going to fire on him. Jack and Ramon leave the helicopter 2 seconds before Chase reaches him on the hailing channel. Kim is by herself in a dark unmonitored room just 2 seconds before Miguel walks in with a gun (which I would think wouldn't be allowed in CTU headquarters).

2) Is it just me or was there a MAJOR plot flaw? If Jack sees military choppers locking onto him with missles, he SHOULD have realized that they got Kyle, since otherwise, they would've just let him go. After all, they let him go at the prison. And what, no police were ANYWHERE in the vicinity while Jack was bringing the helicopter down? Sigh...I realize this is fiction, but sometimes, it's a little TOO unbelievable.
Old 12-03-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by hahn
I liked it but was bothered by 2 things:

1) Could everyone's timing be ANY worse? Everything was missed by just 2 seconds. Kyle was recovered 2 seconds before Jack took off in the helicopter. Jack got the helicopter over downtown LA just 2 seconds before they were going to fire on him. Jack and Ramon leave the helicopter 2 seconds before Chase reaches him on the hailing channel. Kim is by herself in a dark unmonitored room just 2 seconds before Miguel walks in with a gun (which I would think wouldn't be allowed in CTU headquarters).

2) Is it just me or was there a MAJOR plot flaw? If Jack sees military choppers locking onto him with missles, he SHOULD have realized that they got Kyle, since otherwise, they would've just let him go. After all, they let him go at the prison. And what, no police were ANYWHERE in the vicinity while Jack was bringing the helicopter down? Sigh...I realize this is fiction, but sometimes, it's a little TOO unbelievable.
hahn,
have you seen that commerical on ESPN where the referee is talking about DRAMA? No drama=channel gets changed.

I agree with pretty much everything everybody has said so far. This episode had some nice twists, but the Palmer thing is pretty boring. I was just about done with Kim, then Gael came to her rescue - finally making her a bit interesting.
Old 12-03-03, 02:01 AM

I'm sorry to say this,but the show is going downhill fast.Yes, i know it's fiction but i was able to suspend disbelief the first two seasons.Any combat pilot would have the civilian copter in smitherines within 2 seconds of the order to fire(very accurate laser guided missiles from just a few hundred feet),instead we get some idiotic chase.Second, there is NO person that would be able to get from 2700 s. Figueroa st. in downtown L.A to ANY airfield within 10 minutes in a CAR at ANY time of the day.Then we're treated to soap-opera schmaltz with the boy & his parents-yuck!This is sad because it's been the only drama show i watch on tv for the last 3 years and i'm contemplating stopping all together.

Last edited by AlainDelon; 12-03-03 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-03-03, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Definitely not up to season one, or season two for that matter, but it still makes me want to watch every week, if nothing else but to see how they make Kim the stupidest character ever.
Old 12-03-03, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This has really bothered me. Fox, instead of getting Don Cheadle to play the part of the President's brother, gets some poor-man version of him. And instead of getting Pacino, they get the poor-man's version of Pacino on Skin. Why get Kiefer Sunderland and skimp out on Don Cheadle? WHY?
Old 12-03-03, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One more episode like this and I'm done with the show for this year. Same old boring plot twists IMO.
Old 12-03-03, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was po'ed that they cut as Gale was about to shoot. and then in the prieview
Spoiler:
it shows that he didn't shoot her but took her hostage.
Old 12-03-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kudos to the show's hairstylist who has to keep Kim's hair cut the same for the entire season. I noticed she got it trimmed up this episode.

Most folks that watch the last 2 season rarely remember what happened in the early hours, so I can't really find much objectionable for the time being, except for the Palmer scenes, because 24 has always propped up the tension by writing scenes where people are a day late and a dollar short (otherwise the show would come to a screeching halt).

You do have to wonder if Hector's woman had some form of relationship with Jack because she got real uncomfortable when Hector said Ramon and Jack were heading their way.

Still hate the mole subplot.
Old 12-03-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
I think the reason they are keeping Jack alive is to plant the virus in him as punishment for being an agent.
Old 12-03-03, 08:38 AM

One thing I found peculiar in this episode was when Ramon Salazar was going to shoot Jack on the airstrip. Some guys stops him by telling him that Hector wanted Jack in Mexico alive. Well I thought that Ramon was the head of the cartel and that Hector was second in charge. Only when Ramon was imprisioned did Hector become the leader. With Ramon out and about again, why should he be taking orders from Hector? I was anticipating Ramon saying something like "I'm in charge again, not Hector" and then shooting Jack.
Old 12-03-03, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
well the guy can't shoot the gun in CTU without drawing attention. Kim should be aware of that fact and use it to her advantage
Since this is revealed next week I'll use a spoiler tag
Spoiler:
The room is soundproof.

Man, I thought this was going to be the season where Kim finally didn't get in trouble. Oh well.

And makes you wonder why Hector and his wife hate Jack so much.. guess we'll find out.
Old 12-03-03, 08:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Average episode last night (which fits right in with the rest of this season, thus far). It's just all too predictable and Kim, man I am getting tired of her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.