Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under: Spoilers requested.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Six Feet Under: Spoilers requested.

As noted in the subject, spoilers requested, so be careful how far you read [However, they're probably only spoilers to me.]

I rented Six Feet Under: S1 through Netflix and really liked it. S2 wasn't out on DVD, and I didn't have HBO at the time. Recently, however, we went to cable instead of satellite due to signal issues and the cable co. basically gave me almost every channel they had, for like 3 dollars more than I was paying for Top 100 on Dish. [a satellite-customer "winback" special.] So I started watching SFU again. However, I picked up at the episode where David and Keith went paintballing. So I think I missed about a season and a half. HBO On Demand has about 6 episodes I missed that I can watch, but I thought I'd check here for the Reader's Digest version.

If you haven't seen Season 1 of SFU, and want to be surprised, *read no further*. I'm assuming by this time anyone who wants to watch it, has [it's what, three years old?]

So: what I want to know is:

Spoiler:

* What happened to the buyout attempts of Fisher and Sons by Kroner? That was a major thread in S1.

* How did Brenda and Billy's dad die?

* When/how did Nate get married?

* What happened to Claire's boyfriend, the tall skinny guy who had the drug problem?

* When/how did Diaz become a partner in Fisher and Sons?

* What happened to Mrs Fisher's boyfriends [Ed Begley Jr, and the florist?] Or did I just forget something from S1....I think she broke up with the florist, but did anything else come about from that?

* Where'd this intern/student guy come from, and how? [The dark haired geeky guy with glasses who's living/working with the Fishers.]

* How did David and Keith get back together?

* What happened at the party that got Keith pissed off at David, and wanted the revenge via the paintball? I'm definitely noticing some tension/dominance issues in that relationship.

Anything else in S2 and the first 1/2 of S3 interesting that I missed? Like I said, I may go back and watch those eps on HBO On Demand, but then again, i might not, based on scheduling.
Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this sort of thing is not apropos for this forum.
Old 12-01-03, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a good place to start:

http://www.epguides.com/SixFeetUnder/
Old 12-01-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally posted by veloce
Here's a good place to start:

http://www.epguides.com/SixFeetUnder/
Cool, I'll check it out.
So what I'm watching now, "live", is actually reruns? I know cable series 'seasons' are generally shorter than 'network', but for instance, it says the episode I'm Sorry, I'm Lost aired 1 Jun 03.
Old 12-01-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, they are all re-runs now. The series will not have new episodes until June of 2004.

Here's some of the answers you asked for:

Spoiler:

* What happened to the buyout attempts of Fisher and Sons by Kroner? That was a major thread in S1.

I can't remember exactly how that was resolved but basically the brothers stood their ground to Kroner. I think eventually Kroner had financial problems of their own or something?

* How did Brenda and Billy's dad die?

I can't remember the cause exactly, but he became ill and died somewhat slowly. I think it may have been cancer?

* When/how did Nate get married?

On a trip back to Seatlle, Nate & Claire stayed at his old house with his old roommate Lisa. Turns out him & Lisa used to sleep together on occasion and he gotten her pregnant once before (she had an abortion). Well on this trip back to Seattle, they had sex again (this was while Nate was engaged to Brenda). After a few months, he ran into Lisa at a supermarket. She was pregnant and had moved to LA for a job. She had no intention at first of involving him with the baby, etc. but Nate's mom found out and was really into being a grandmother. After Nate & Brenda broke up, Lisa & Nate eventually married although their wedding occurred between season 2 & 3 and was not shown.

* What happened to Claire's boyfriend, the tall skinny guy who had the drug problem?

He ended up being involved in an armed robbery and had to leave town. Claire eventually saw him in a dream/vision and it is assumed he is dead.

* When/how did Diaz become a partner in Fisher and Sons?

He inherited some money from a neighbor lady he was always kind to (looked in on her, etc.) She had a secret fortune stashed away and left it to Rico instead of her own son who ignored her. Fisher & Sons were in a financial bind, so he invested the money into the business and became a partner.

* What happened to Mrs Fisher's boyfriends [Ed Begley Jr, and the florist?] Or did I just forget something from S1....I think she broke up with the florist, but did anything else come about from that?

She broke up with Ed Begley Jr. early on. The florist guy, I am pretty sure ended up dumping her, but not before she gave him a large sum of money to get out of a loan with the Russian mafia.

* Where'd this intern/student guy come from, and how? [The dark haired geeky guy with glasses who's living/working with the Fishers.]

The Fishers figured out they could get an intern from a local school to work for free and it would save them a lot of money. All they had to pay him was room & board, I think.

* How did David and Keith get back together?

I can't remember who made the first move. But Keith had a new boyfriend and him and David hung out as friends for awhile until I think it was David who confessed to Keith that he missed him. Keith broke up with the new guy and got back together with David.

* What happened at the party that got Keith pissed off at David, and wanted the revenge via the paintball? I'm definitely noticing some tension/dominance issues in that relationship.

Keith didn't like David's friends and he felt they were making fun of him. They played some "celebrity" game where you wore a name of a celebrityy on your back and you had to guess which celebrity you were by what people said to you. Keith was not quite as plugged into pop culture as David's more "flaming friends and he got pissed off. He was Gretchen Mol and had no idea who she was.

Last edited by Jadzia; 12-01-03 at 02:55 PM.