Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Undead Review!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undead Review!

Has anyone else seen this great film from down under? It's cool! I cant wait to see it on the big screen here in the US. It takes the zombie lore and adds to it and in a good way. Lots of good gore, laughs, and triple and quad shotgun action! For a film that cost about $1-1.4 million and was done by two people on their laptop, it makes most of the past horror movies in the US look like crap. A must see zombie film!
Old 11-30-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you see it?
Old 11-30-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Saw it and enjoyed it a great deal. Not too smart telling others where to get it though...

In any case, I was pretty pissed when
Spoiler:
the main character gets it in the end. you grow to enjoy his character and bam he goes out ala original NOTLD.

The store battle scene was great and there is a great amount of gore in this. A must see for any zombie fan.
Old 11-30-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Trailer found here:

http://www.undeadmovie.com/undead%20...%20trailer.htm
Old 11-30-03, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I agree with you on that highlighted part...

The store fight scene reminded me of Braindead in some respects. I loved the Shovel head gag and the saw blade stick!
Old 12-02-03, 08:32 PM

From the trailer, this film looks promising. I will go so this in the theater!

Oh yeah, it's wonderful to see a filmmaker that shares my love for the opening of FLASH GORDON also!!!! YAY!!!

What's not to love about Zombies, infected meteorites, and Amish-looking farmers pulling their gunfighting tricks outta LEON and VERSUS?

I hope it's not too tongue-in-cheek though......
Old 12-03-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Comes out on video in Australia in January, definately be getting it through there.
Old 12-07-03, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant believe this movie cost less than 2 mil to make. I enjoyed it far more than the over hyped 28 days. That cop was hilarious. I was ROFL when
Spoiler:
They get out of the van to get supplies and you see that the farmer is completely bare assed naked.

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

In any case, I was pretty pissed when
Spoiler:
the main character gets it in the end. you grow to enjoy his character and bam he goes out ala original NOTLD.

Spoiler:
He could come back. The fish queen caught him and kept him in the pen with all the others. To await the aliens return (hopefully) so that they all could be cured. Its a bit of a downer yes but the happily ever after endings get tired after a while. Which is one of the reason I didn't care for 28 days.
Old 12-07-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's right... I agree with you on that Thrush.
Old 12-07-03, 02:01 PM

it's really hard for me to believe that this movie only cost 2 million, it looks way too good the Spierig Brothers are geniuses, I am buying this on DVD as soon as it comes out

some of my favorite parts:
Spoiler:
when that old lady gets leveled by the meteor, or the triple barrel shotgun guys backstory

only thing I didn't like:
Spoiler:
I thought the alien thing was kind of dumb, I would have perferred a purely zombie driven story line, but it did make possible for a sequal (crossing fingers) to include some of the original characters
Old 12-08-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
I don't know why I'm using spoilers, since I've never seen this movie. I'll be getting it when the DVD is released in Australia, though, it looks great.