Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

X-Men 2 : how is the DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Men 2 : how is the DVD?

I saw it in theatres and I don't know why but I didn't enjoy it THAT much. X-Men 1, IMO, was a pretty good flick. I'm considering picking it up at DDD for $11.50 or so since it seems like too good of a deal to pass on.

I definitely didn't dislike X2, but then again I am not a huge comic book/movie fan. Should I splurge on it? I'm thinkin' I'll get easily $11 for it on eBay after watching it....
Old 11-27-03, 04:19 PM

We did a fairly detailed write-up on all that the DVD has to offer, if you're insterested - http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/x2.htm

I can't imagine the extras much appealing to you if you weren't a huge fan of the film, but the DTS track is very gratifying.

Bill C
filmfreakcentral.net
Old 11-27-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by flmfreakcentral
but the DTS track is very gratifying.

One of the best tracks I've heard in a long time.
Old 11-27-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
It was well worth the $14.99 Circuit City Price. The movie is better than the first (which I like as well) and the picture and sound are great. The special features are good, although some aren't all that interesting and the deleted scenes are just extensions. Overall, the disc is definetely worth the DVD TALK COLLECTOR'S SERIES title the review on this site gave it. Your should get it, it will be a nice addition to your collection.
Old 11-28-03, 04:24 PM
Ayo

I enjoy this DVD very much.

I dug the featurettes on disc two, and the director/editor commentary. I haven't watched all of the extras yet. But its cool.
Old 11-29-03, 05:57 PM
Banned

yeah this is a great disk like or dislike the movie if u need referehnce material u need to get this one.
Old 11-30-03, 09:55 AM

Good movie. Beautiful PQ. Great audio. Get it.
Old 11-30-03, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Bought the X-Men Collection. Was gonna wait until they release the mega X-Men 1-3 Collection, but I want to see both movies now. X2 is awesome.
Old 12-04-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent disc from a technical standpoint: great video and explosive audio, noticably better than, say, Pirates of the Caribbean. The commentary isn't great, though. Not a big deal. It's a really good movie too. I liked it more than I liked the first one, which was a lot.
Old 12-04-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have watched the DVD several times over the past week and I want to watch it again, but no free time to do so.

Extras are very good.

If you do not like "Comic book/Action" movies, then do not buy it. If you do like that kind of flick, then go for it - you will not be disappointed.