Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House Rules!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
House Rules!

Anyone watching this show? First show started a little slow but it's been pretty good since. Too much plugging by Loew's though.

For those who haven't seen it, it's basically a game show/trading spaces/survivor type of program. 3 couples are given 3 seperate houses and 1 week to renovate a different part of the house. At the end of the week, judges assess their work. The team with the highest score wins prizes and at the end, the viewers will vote for one of the 3 teams to win the house they renovate.
Old 11-27-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
I stumbled upon it one day, and have been hooked since. I like the younger couple, but they still have no sense of design or style. The older couple have done some really great stuff, but I just don't like them. The unmarried couple I think are the best. The guy can be a bit much, but they do great work. I have it Tivod cuz I always forget what time it comes on.
Old 11-27-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The unmarried couple (guy with the glasses and cocky) have good tastes. I feel the older team do a great job although I don't agree with their style often. The young couple have gotten themselves over their heads. They are cute though.
Old 11-29-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is this show on normally, and what channel? I caught part of it last week, and I thought it was on Saturday, but I didn't see it listed tonight anywhere...

Would like to see the previous ones that I missed - Is it on a station that tends to repeat stuff a few times?
Old 11-29-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

House Rules is broadcast on TBS. First-runs air Friday nights 8/7 central. Repeats air Saturday mornings.
Old 11-30-03, 02:08 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not into redecorating at all, so normally I wouldn't watch this show, but it's filmed where I live so I've been watching it. It's actually been pretty entertaining. I tried out House Wars because I thought that might be the show that was filmed here at first and I didn't like that show at all.

As for the couples, I really hope the young couple doesn't get the sympathy vote like Dat did in LCS. I don't care who wins between the other 2, although I do have a slight preference for the older couple because they're so much more entertaining. The 2 younger couples seem incredibly boring. I wonder how much footage they have to sift through to come up with what they do each week.

So what do you think will happen to the 2 couples that don't win? It seems like they've done a lot of work not to win anything. I know they get prizes each week, but I don't think the younger couple has won anything yet.
Old 11-30-03, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good question about what will happen to the 2 who don't win. I'm thinking the producers of the show will sell the other 2 houses and donate the profits to charity OR give them the chance to purchase the houses at a discount. Either option seems good but I have a hard time thinking they will let the other 2 teams go empty handed (yeah, there are the smaller prizes) after all the exhausting work they've put into the houses.
Old 12-07-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally started watching this show, it's pretty interesting. But I can't look at the young guy (Adam?) without thinking of "Rusty" from European Vacation. I just imagine hime in a beret with a French girl calling him "Roos-ty". I told my husband while we were watching the show and he totally agreed with me. In fact, when the guy was kissing on his wife, my husband said "Dad! He's gonna pork her!"

His wife is really annoying, she always sounds like she is whining, but I guess that is just her regular speaking voice.

The older couple seem cool, I like the woman in the "long distance relationship, but her partner is a little annoying. Too cocky and humorless. They also seem really competitive, too.

Last edited by Jadzia; 12-07-03 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-07-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watch it but totally missed this weeks episode (wasn't it a double ep?) Damn finals.
Old 12-07-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it was a double episode. I'm not sure why they've aired 2 episodes for two weeks now. Maybe the ratings aren't as well as TBS had expected a la Joe Millionaire. But the final work (decorating) is done next week. There's a good chance there will be a marathon.

Nice couples. A relief from the cutthroat competition of Survivor.