Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Open letter to Deep Discount

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deep Discount DVD
I must say I am very dissapointed in you. After having had problems with you over a year ago, I stopped shopping with you. I then decided to give you another chance ordering the mondo caine collection and it shipped on the 14th. I then ordered reversal on the 22nd of november and selected 2 day shipping so it would be here on the 26th so I could enjoy it with my son on the one day off I had(thanksgiving) I emailed with no response as of yet so I called your customer service number. I was told you had to call for address verification Sunday and you left a message(there was no message and I did not return the call obviosuly but yet it is now shipping) that sounds more like A cover up for a delay. I do not know why one would need to verify since you shipped just fine the last time. The only solution offered to me was to overnight me a copy at my expense and once you received the other one you would credit that back but still leaving me with an overnight fee and the purchase of a movie. Had I known you were going to be unreliable I would have ordered this elsewhere with 2 day service. Why should I incur extra cost due to your inability to fullfill yor obligation? As a person who spends over $300.00 a month on dvds I will again be forced to take my business else. I have also posted this to the dvdtalk.com community where I am an active member.
Old 11-25-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I feel your pain to some degree.

Yes, it is aggravating to special order something by mail and not have it arrive when you intended, or at the very least, hoped for.

But as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the calculated risk of mail order (shipping delays, etc). If I really want a DVD right away or by a certain day, I'd probably just brick-and-mortar it to be on the safe side.

DDD is notoriously hit or miss on their shipping, and while their prices are great, I usually order from them when I'm not in any rush....

Last edited by Pointyskull; 11-25-03 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-25-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Agreed but not when you specifically specify and pay for 2 day air. Numerous other etailers can get things to you on time why can't they?
Old 11-25-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Kman1011
Numerous other etailers can get things to you on time why can't they?
Beats me, but maybe that's the trade off for low prices.

Example, going into Wal-Mart is generally more aggravating than going into ______ (fill in your favorite slightly more expensive store), but you do it to save a buck or two, and in doing so have to expect a hassle or two.
Old 11-25-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My addition:
Dear Deep Discount. Stop with the annoying pop-ups. They do me no good but to annoy me. Whenever I enter this site, I have to wait until the stupid pop-up appears and click it off before I can use the menus. I don't read them.

Your ads appear at the top of the page. Just stick with them. Like other advertising that I find annoying, I make it a point to not deal with that company. Hence, I have not ordered anything from your company. So in a sense, your adds are causing you to loose money.

Do away with the pop-ups and I might start ordering from you.
Old 11-25-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
DVD Empire is the best at getting something shipped the same day unless its the weekend.
Old 11-25-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by resinrats
My addition:
Dear Deep Discount. Stop with the annoying pop-ups. They do me no good but to annoy me. Whenever I enter this site, I have to wait until the stupid pop-up appears and click it off before I can use the menus. I don't read them.

Your ads appear at the top of the page. Just stick with them. Like other advertising that I find annoying, I make it a point to not deal with that company. Hence, I have not ordered anything from your company. So in a sense, your adds are causing you to loose money.

Do away with the pop-ups and I might start ordering from you.
I dont get any more pop-up ads since I changed to Earthlink Total access 2004 software that has pop-up blocker.....
Old 11-25-03, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by ernestrp
I dont get any more pop-up ads since I changed to Earthlink Total access 2004 software that has pop-up blocker.....
So do you block DVDtalk pop-under ads, I think that's against forum rules.
Old 11-26-03, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by neiname
So do you block DVDtalk pop-under ads, I think that's against forum rules.
I just installed the software Earthlink sent to me and have not changed a thing. I guess I dont get those pop-under things anymore to. I had not really thought that much about pop things until I read the message here. I will have to see if there is a way to enable that so they wont ban me.

Also has Spyware Blocker, great for getting rid of that Adware crap. Would this be illegal to?
Old 11-26-03, 04:47 AM

Originally posted by ernestrp
I just installed the software Earthlink sent to me and have not changed a thing. I guess I dont get those pop-under things anymore to. I had not really thought that much about pop things until I read the message here. I will have to see if there is a way to enable that so they wont ban me.

Also has Spyware Blocker, great for getting rid of that Adware crap. Would this be illegal to?
I don't see anything against blocking pop-ups (or unders) in the forum rules:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=328480

Maybe I'm missing it.
Old 11-26-03, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Dave C
I don't see anything against blocking pop-ups (or unders) in the forum rules:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=328480

Maybe I'm missing it.
3rd from the top of this thread.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=block
Old 11-26-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
DVD Empire is the best at getting something shipped the same day unless its the weekend.
Yes.