Community
Search

Problems with West Wing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with West Wing?

I suspect it's just a flaw in the disc, but on the off chance...
Is anyone else having problems with Side 3 of the West Wing set, at the pre-credits of the third episode? Mine pixelates, disintegrates and shuts down my player...
Back to the store I go.
Old 11-29-03, 09:45 PM
Banned

Update? I have been thinking about getting this but of there is a flaw I will take it off my Christmas wish list.
Old 11-30-03, 06:49 AM
Defunct Account

Sorry I missed your post when you first wrote it Willie. I reviewed this set for DVDTalk, and I didn't have any problems at all. Have you tired this disc on another player or cleaned the disc? When I received my copy I was suprised to see smudges on one of the discs. I wiped it clean and didn't see any effect on playback.

Leave this on your X-mas list Preston, it's a great set. I bought a copy for a relative for X-mas myself.

Hope this helps,

-Videophile (aka John Sinnott)
Old 11-30-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Swapped it out at A&B Sound, the second version was fine. I suspect it was just a scratch - the disc was loose in the case when I bought it.

There is a second problem, though - man, is this addictive. I think I went through the whole season in about 3 days...
Old 11-30-03, 04:25 PM

Yeah, the PROBLEM with "The West Wing" is that the show is way too damned liberal. Any attempt to include a conservative character usually results in a cartoon-like caricature. I am a moderate, but every time I attempt to watch this show, the blatant left wing politics just really turn me off. I'm no right winger, but I would appreciate a much more balanced approach by the writers.
Old 11-30-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i had the problem of 2 discs missing from the west wing set when i opened it. I have since received a replacement set from amazon and returned the other set. that was strange to say the least.
Old 11-30-03, 11:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tarnower
Yeah, the PROBLEM with "The West Wing" is that the show is way too damned liberal. Any attempt to include a conservative character usually results in a cartoon-like caricature. I am a moderate, but every time I attempt to watch this show, the blatant left wing politics just really turn me off. I'm no right winger, but I would appreciate a much more balanced approach by the writers.
TV Talk's the place for discussing the show itself, not this thread.
The following users liked this post:
DVDope42 (07-19-23)
Old 12-01-03, 06:32 AM

I think that any defects on this one, like with ER, can be attributed to the DVD-18 (double-sided, double-density) discs used. They are known to have a higher defect rate than any other disc configuration. Not by much, but it's just enough to be noticable.

I would just exchange the discs and be done with it. My advice is to take the set back to the place you got it, tell them that you know discs 1 & 2 work fine, and insist on keeping those while exchanging disc 3...the only one you know is defective. A good retailer should have no objection to that, since it makes no difference in their process of returning it to the studio.
Old 12-01-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Nierfacon

I would just exchange the discs and be done with it. My advice is to take the set back to the place you got it, tell them that you know discs 1 & 2 work fine, and insist on keeping those while exchanging disc 3...the only one you know is defective. A good retailer should have no objection to that, since it makes no difference in their process of returning it to the studio.
Thanks, that's exactly what I did (as I think I mentioned 3 or 4 posts above yours...)