Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

To all Firefly fans:

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all Firefly fans:

Just saw this over at slashdot and thought some of you guys might be interested...

Philip B. Gaines writes "Philip B. Gaines announces the completion of an independent multimedia commentary project, "Firefly: A Special Feature", a DVD based on the FOX television series created by Joss Whedon. A free examination copy of the project is available for those willing to provide feedback about this media experiment. "Firefly: A Special Feature" is a 3.5 hour multi-module review of Whedon's innovative space western series. The interactive review features a variety of interpretive and analytical components--all intended to further discussion of this seriously underappreciated show. The bottom line of the project is dialogue, not promotion. If you have seen "Firefly" before and found it intriguing--or even if you haven't--this project will make you think, argue, and perhaps even learn a bit. For "Firefly: A Special Feature", I have acted as writer, video/sound editor, and media producer, working with complete independence from the producers of the show or anyone else whose influence might bias the analysis. Plans are underway to do this kind of project again, so I would appreciate feedback on all levels. See the website for a formal description of the project Email pbgaines at pbgaines dot com for a copy of the DVD."

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/11/2...tid=188&tid=99
Old 11-24-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
The project sounds interesting. I'm always willing to help people out with academic projects.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-05-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I e-mailed him.