Survivor 7: 11/26/2003 "The BIG Lie"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-24-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

** Don't forget Survivor is on Wednesday this week because of Thanksgiving ! **

I just heard Jeff Probst on a radio show this morning talking about this week's episode. He said this week show is "The BIG Lie". He wasn't too clear on who told the big lie but I got the impression is was the show lying to to the survivors not a survivor telling a lie.

He also talked a little about Survivor All-Stars. He said the contestants will be announced at the end of Survivor 7.

He said this week's show starts off after tribal council and Christa and Sandra are pissed that they voted out Rupert !

Old 11-24-03, 07:48 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

sweet I cannot wait, to see "The Big Lie" even though it will be a letdown

Wooo
Old 11-24-03, 09:23 AM
Suspended

Sandra shouldn't be pissed, she didn't even vote the right way... and the newest commercial I saw last night went something like *possible spoiler* "the biggest act of deception ever by a Survivor contestant, and also, for the first time, someone is stripped of immunity"...
Old 11-24-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor 7: 11/26/2003 "The BIG Lie"

Originally posted by Struz
...because of Thanksgiving !
Actually, it's more because sweeps ends Wednesday. Why would CBS want to win Thursday when it wouldn't count for sweeps?

Also, the episode guide on zap2it.com kinda has a spoiler (do dated threads not require spoiler tags even 2 days before the air date?).

Spoiler:
EPISODE: The Great Lie
SYNOPSIS: One tribe member dupes his fellow castaways with a shocking lie; a castaway is accused of sabotaging the tribe's food supply.
Spoiler:
Well, being that there are only two males left, that leaves it to Burton or Jon to be the liar. The buzz is that Jon gets "word back from home" that someone in his family is sick or something to try and gain pity from his fellow survivors. Also, the person accused of messing with the food is apparently Christa.

Caution: Scary eBay auction ahead - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18837

Is this ep. available on the web yet?
Old 11-24-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Speculation on the "lie", spoiled

Spoiler:
I think it has something to do with Jon's "word back from home". On the CBS website, it's called "the grandmother of all lies". So it's somewhat easy to figure it out from there...
Old 11-24-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Survivor 7: 11/26/2003 "The BIG Lie"

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Actually, it's more because sweeps ends Wednesday. Why would CBS want to win Thursday when it wouldn't count for sweeps?
I'm just telling you what Jeff Probst said.
He said Survivor will be on Wednesday this week because of Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Re: Survivor 7: 11/26/2003 "The BIG Lie"

Caution: Scary eBay auction ahead - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18837

Holy Carp!

http://www.survivorfire.com/store/s7store.php

It's like Survivor meets Paint-By-Numbers.

(why would you put pop-ups on a freakin store?)
Old 11-24-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If this forum used avatars, this would be mine:

Struz:

I wasn't saying you were "wrong", but imho, the reason I gave is the stronger of the two. A strong Wednesday will allow CBS as a network to charge higher ad rates across the board when the 'overall' sweeps numbers come out. Mentioned in: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Nov21.html

But yeah, fewer people watch TV on Thanksgiving night. So, just thinking about Survivor itself, they would get a bigger audience on Wednesday (assuming the Survivor fans were aware of the switch) and therefore be able to sell ads on that one episode at a higher rate than if they had left it on Thursday.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 11-24-03 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-24-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[B]

If this forum used avatars, this would be mine:

That makes one person...

I frankly find her a bit annoying.

I would not be surprised if Jon was the one behind the lie. It just seems like something that assclown would do. I hope this is the episode that he gets the boot.
Old 11-24-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WildcatLH
Speculation on the "lie", spoiled

Spoiler:
I think it has something to do with Jon's "word back from home". On the CBS website, it's called "the grandmother of all lies". So it's somewhat easy to figure it out from there...
Yup, that is pretty much what I have heard all along as well. The Survivor Spoiler sites have been referring to this since the beginning.

So what was/will be the big regret? To me, I would think that it is Osten leaving, but I haven't heard confirmation for sure...
Old 11-24-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by movieking
Yup, that is pretty much what I have heard all along as well. The Survivor Spoiler sites have been referring to this since the beginning.

So what was/will be the big regret? To me, I would think that it is Osten leaving, but I haven't heard confirmation for sure...

Jeff Probst confirmed it today.
He said there were 3 big things about this show:

1) The big regret: Osten quitting
2) The big surprise: Rupert getting voted off
3) The big lie: ?
Old 11-24-03, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
big lie

Spoiler:
Jon gets a call about his grandmother passing away and plays the sympahty card.. turns out it's a lie

Hopefully jon goes home this week.
Old 11-24-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Darrah is wonderful.
Old 11-24-03, 05:57 PM

Could someone please link some Survivor "spoiler" sites?

I don't really care about the show too much, so I'm not worried about ruining the show for myself.
Old 11-24-03, 06:49 PM

http://pub207.ezboard.com/bsurvivorsucks
Old 11-25-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fans of "Survivor" flooded the CBS switchboard after last Thursday's "Survivor" episode - in which popular Rupert Boneham was voted off the show. CBS insiders say over 3,100 calls were logged to the network - with over 2,200 of those from viewers expressing their dismay at Rupert's banishment. The response to Rupert's expulsion from "Survivor" was the single-largest outpouring of immediate fan angst in the show's history.
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/11733.htm

I'm glad I, unlike these people, have a life.

* looks at post-count *

Old 11-25-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Good to see a backlash to CBS. I know alot of people do not like Rupert, I do, but it so wrong that he, Ryan O and Andrew (whom I hated) are all gone, while Lil (HATE THIS HAG) and Burton are allowed to stay. Why not have another outcast challenge with these 3? Give someone that actually deserves a chance back on.
Old 11-25-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Cusm
Good to see a backlash to CBS. I know alot of people do not like Rupert, I do, but it so wrong that he, Ryan O and Andrew (whom I hated) are all gone, while Lil (HATE THIS HAG) and Burton are allowed to stay. Why not have another outcast challenge with these 3? Give someone that actually deserves a chance back on.
It's dumb that the people who did poorly are rewarded by being let back in, while the people who did a little better are gone. However, I guess that's what you can expect when you're just playing a game.
Old 11-25-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Fans of "Survivor" flooded the CBS switchboard after last Thursday's "Survivor" episode - in which popular Rupert Boneham was voted off the show. CBS insiders say over 3,100 calls were logged to the network - with over 2,200 of those from viewers expressing their dismay at Rupert's banishment. The response to Rupert's expulsion from "Survivor" was the single-largest outpouring of immediate fan angst in the show's history.

Old 11-25-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Survivor related news:

Elisabeth Filarski Hasselbeck, a 26-year-old Providence, Rhode Island native, has been officially named the fifth co-host for ABC Daytime's widely successful multi-generational talk and informational entertainment program, The View, it was announced Monday, November 24, live on the show by creator and executive producer Barbara Walters.

Ms. Hasselbeck is best known to audiences as a participant on the wildly popular second edition of the Survivor game show, Survivor: the Australian Outback. While competing in Australia, Ms. Hasselbeck used her competitive personality and survival skills to outwit and outlast her way to the final four. She is a 1999 graduate from Boston College, where her studies centered around her studio art major. Ms. Hasselbeck is married to NFL quarterback Tim Hasselbeck.
Old 11-25-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dolphinboy

Ms. Hasselbeck is best known to audiences as a participant on the wildly popular second edition of the Survivor game show, Survivor: the Australian Outback.
I best knew her for being one of the best looking survivors ever on the show, and she always seemed friendly.
Old 11-25-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
I was a little disappointed that Rupert got voted off, as he was entertaining, but somehow I forced myself not to call CBS and complain.

Uh, repeat after me...

It's

a

game

show.

To quote John Stewart, "C'mon people, we've got a Medicaid bill to debate! ..... No?"
Old 11-25-03, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since we are mentioning former Survivors getting TV gigs, Hunter Ellis will be hosting "Tactical to Practical" on the History channel on Tuesday nights 9 p.m. EST.
Old 11-26-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no idea who Hunter Ellis is...I guess it was one of the two Survivors that I did not watch.

I have a question about the Big Lie:

Spoiler:
Probst has constantly said that the survivors did not know about the lie, and even now probably do not know. So how are they going to let the viewing public know that it was a lie, when apparently no one playing the game did (or do even now, though with all the press they must have found out about it now). Is CBS going to have Probst do some sort of voiceover about it? Probst said that it was not confessed in a confessional, and that he and the crew did not know that it was a lie either. So how are they going to let people know tonight that it was the lie?
Old 11-26-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think the audience will know for sure what the lie is but they will have an idea.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.