Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BestBuy RewardZone Problem

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at my online statement today and saw that they have started issuing $10 certificates instead of the standard $5. I guess they are doing this to clear out the backlog of the certificates that are owed because people are earning them so fast. What I don't understand is the way they are calculating the rewards.

It was my understanding that for each 12,500 points you were supposed to get $5 back. Today when I looked at my statement I saw a line item for a $10 certificate, but it showed that it took 75,000 points out of my account. Unless BestBuy is doing some kind of "new math" that should be $30 worth of certificates and not $10.

Anyone else seen this with their account or have contacted them about something similar?
Old 11-24-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for pointing this out

my last 2 transactions look like this

11/05/2003 $5 Certificate (2051094) $0.00 -12,500 -
11/05/2003 $10 Reward Zone Cert (1989033) $0.00 -75,000

nto like it matters anyway since im still waiting on every certificate "processed" since mid-AUGUST. ive accrued a few hundered dollars worth of these things now and only seen like 4 or 5 of em.
Old 11-24-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've given up keeping track of these things. Now, if I get 'em I get 'em. I'm still waiting for certificates from back in August. No way I'll be paying to stay on this program, if they don't fix the mail-out issues.
Old 11-24-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm waiting on at least $15 in certificates. Last time I called, I was told they were mailed out on Oct. 10th or 12th, if I remember correctly. You'll be shocked to learn that they...never arrived. I'm just glad I didn't pay for this card. If I had, I'd be furious...