Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Where has Chris Tucker and Zang ZiYi been hiding?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-03, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that they're related to each other or anything, but I haven't seen either of them since RH2.
Old 11-23-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Chris Tucker is busy doing Rush Hour 3, I believe.
Old 11-23-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Chris Tucker is helping put together the defense team for his good buddy, Jacko.

And Zang ZiYi is probably in China.
Old 11-23-03, 10:28 PM

Chris Tucker recently starred in HEAD OF STATE, as the first African-American President.

I believe Zhang Ziyi was recently in KILL BILL as an assassin named Go Go. At least I think it was her from the previews I saw.
Old 11-23-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Chris Tucker recently starred in HEAD OF STATE, as the first African-American President.

I believe Zhang Ziyi was recently in KILL BILL as an assassin named Go Go. At least I think it was her from the previews I saw.
That was Chris Rock in Head of State, not Tucker.

...and Chiaki Kuriyama (from Battle Royale) is in Kill Bill as the ridiculously memorable Go Go Yubari, not Zhang ZiYi.

Tucker is working on Rush Hour 3 right now, and Zhang ZiYi is in loads of asian films right now, most noteably - Hero w/ Jet Li (should be out 2004 sometime in the US) and the (hopefully) upcoming 2046.

Oh, and look up gullible, my pic is next to it.

gul·li·ble adj. - Easily deceived or duped. See: RichC2.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-23-03 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-23-03, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by magman

Your sarcasm is clever...but the fact you're a newbie is a dead giveaway!
Old 11-24-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally posted by magman

Old 11-24-03, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Zhang Ziyi was recently in My Wife is a Gangster 2 and starred in MUSA, a really awesome Korean war/action film and HERO awhile back, whenever Miramax releases it is anyone's guess. Tucker must have the biggest insecurities of anyone in Hollywood becasue the man must not want to star in a flop after being in a hit, the only reason I can see why he hasn't starred in anything since the FIRST Rush Hour. I know he was to do a black president movie but Rock beat him to the punch and that flopped so I guess he scrapped those plans.
Old 11-24-03, 08:26 AM

I WANT MORE ZHANG ZIYI!!!! She is amazing! WOW!
Old 11-24-03, 09:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I wish Chris Tucker would be in The Fourth Friday of the Month.
Old 11-24-03, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AndyCapps
I wish Chris Tucker would be in The Fourth Friday of the Month.
Old 11-24-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually Chris Rock acted the lead part and also directed Head of the State so there was no chance for Chris Tucker to get the lead part.I really liked him in Friday
Old 11-25-03, 12:01 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Will Jackie Chan be in Rush Hour 3?
Old 11-25-03, 01:13 AM

I find Tuckers performances sort of on the annoying side, like the 5th Element and the Rush Hours (he was good in friday I guess, wow I didn't realize he was in Jackie Brown, I am looking at IMDB's entry), I am surprised he hasn't made a movie since Rush Hour 2, he seems like the type that could get tons of roles if he wanted to

and whats so great about Zhang Ziyi, other than she's pretty, and can kick ass... which isn't that uncommon these days, especially with computers, but it looks like she has been busy according to IMDB

they can stay hidden as far as I am concerned
Old 11-25-03, 02:53 AM
Banned

It's funny. Rush Hour 3 actually isn't even in preproduction yet and won't be filming until next year. So actually Chris Tucker hasn't done anything for a couple years, since Rush Hour 2. And yes, Jackie Chan will be in Rush Hour 3 as well, and yes, it will be directed by Brett Ratner again.

To his credit, he has been championing a number of humanitarian causes, namely the AIDS crisis in Africa. I saw a couple documentaries on how he and Bono were down there and you can really tell it made an impact on him. Hopefully he'll be one of those Hollywood actors that can use his celebrity to benefit others less fortunate.
Old 11-25-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ArchibaldTuttle
and whats so great about Zhang Ziyi, other than she's pretty, and can kick ass...
You just described the ideal woman for @ 75 million American men.
Old 11-25-03, 04:16 PM
Banned

Chris Tucker

Yes...Tucker is more involved with Aids for Africa than with anything else right now, and I commend him for that. He has also matured grately since then. I think going and helping people is much better than a making a movie.
I have a friend who works at a hotel in New York(he's a chef) and he said that Chris Tucker is by far and away the most gracious, humble and down to earth celebrity you would ever want to meet. He said he's just a flat out nice guy.
Also, Tucker recently became a born-again Christian and is more selctive about his roles that he takes on now. But, he will be in "Rush Hour 3" which will be the conclusion of a wonderful and funny team between he and Jackie Chan
Old 11-25-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
And considering that Tucker made what... 15-20 million for Rush Hour 2 alone despite having not much of a track record... at least he didn't sign some big money deal for a flop
Old 11-25-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They are hiding under a rock after they were forced to sit through a screening of rush hour 2.
Old 11-25-03, 09:10 PM
Banned

That is good to hear about the AIDS things Chris is helping out with. Do you have a link to a story regarding his trip down there with Bono?
Old 11-26-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally posted by Sunday Morning
They are hiding under a rock after they were forced to sit through a screening of rush hour 2.

Wow that was clever....
Old 11-26-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I just watched Ziyi in My Wife is a Gangster 2 a few nights ago. Sure, it was only for a minute or two, but she was there. It was a pointless scene too.
Old 11-26-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Chris Tucker

Originally posted by Dalvin
Yes...Tucker is more involved with Aids for Africa than with anything else right now, and I commend him for that. He has also matured grately since then. I think going and helping people is much better than a making a movie.
I have a friend who works at a hotel in New York(he's a chef) and he said that Chris Tucker is by far and away the most gracious, humble and down to earth celebrity you would ever want to meet. He said he's just a flat out nice guy.
Also, Tucker recently became a born-again Christian and is more selctive about his roles that he takes on now. But, he will be in "Rush Hour 3" which will be the conclusion of a wonderful and funny team between he and Jackie Chan
I was going to post a bitingly clever insult about Tucker, but now you've gone and ruined my fun by making me respect him.

Honk!
Old 11-26-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by d2cheer
Wow that was clever....
Yes, I was aiming for the cleverness of a rush hour film.
If looked at from that point of view, I scored.

Kidding aside, sometimes its too much effort to properly mock the films you don't care enough about to hate.
Old 11-27-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by isamu
That is good to hear about the AIDS things Chris is helping out with. Do you have a link to a story regarding his trip down there with Bono?
Check out this site.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.