Community
Search

AbFab Series 5 comes to DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-03, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AbFab Series 5 comes to DVD

From TVSHOWSONDVD:
It hasn't finished airing yet, but the 5th Series (season) of Absolutely Fabulous - chock full of guest stars, including a yet-to-be-aired episode with Elton John! - is already being planned for a DVD release early next year!

Hitting on March 16th, expect this to come with a photo gallery, 15 minutes of outtakes, and audio commentary by creator/star Jennifer Saunders and producer Jon Plowman. The list price is $34.98.

Plus, for those of you who haven't been keeping up with the DVD sets, BBCAmerica and Warner have lowered the prices on the previous AbFab DVD releases. Series 1, 2, 3 and the Specials are each priced at $24.98 SRP, and Series 4 can be had for a list price of $29.98.
Old 11-22-03, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. I did not know they were still making these. Great news. I have all the others and can't wait for this one . Thanks.
Old 11-23-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I posted info about this over on TV Talk a few months ago. This show comes up from time to time over there. For those who are interested, below are some clips from Series 5 on it's official website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/abfab/clips/series5/
Old 11-23-03, 05:01 PM

I watched an episode of this the other day... and it really feels like they're drawing from a well that's long since run dry. Like recent Simpsons, it's a few good jokes mixed in with lots of over-the-top mean-spiritedness.

Still, great news for people who are interested. I wonder if it'll be in anamorphic widescreen like it should be, or cropped to fullscreen like (IIRC) a recent R1 release of a special was?
Old 11-23-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"...with lots of over-the-top mean-spiritedness..."

...the series was quite mean-spirited (and ott, too) from the get-go, like rather a lot of Brit sitcoms, including Fawlty Towers... not that I'm complaining, mind you...!...

. . . . . .
Old 11-23-03, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Hendrik
"...with lots of over-the-top mean-spiritedness..."

...the series was quite mean-spirited (and ott, too) from the get-go, like rather a lot of Brit sitcoms, including Fawlty Towers... not that I'm complaining, mind you...!...

. . . . . .
The difference is that it used to be funny :P But I won't comment any further, because clearly there are people who are interested in this, and I don't want to seem too threadcrappy.

This wheel shall explooooode!