Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Whatever happened to Galleon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-03, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever happened to Galleon?

I thought this game looked interesting when it was first announced, and remember reading some articles about it but it never materialized.

Anybody know what happened to this game?
Old 11-22-03, 09:42 PM

Anyone?
Old 11-22-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quick google search found this:

http://www.blockbuster.com/bb/game/d...+26333,00.html

not sure if its the final word on it, but seems as of right now it doesn't look like its coming. Doesn't show up on EB Games or Gamestop either.
Old 11-22-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
The developer's website is still updating - last update was August of this year... news and info sites stopped updating in Summer of 02. I'm thinking they are still working on it, but that Xbox ditched it from their promotions and release schedule... Once it's near completion, they'll get the ball rolling with Microsoft again and then we'll see more on it. I think it's a small team working on it and it's the only thing they've been working on for a few years - kinda dumb for them to just drop it now since there's nothing else on their plate. I think they have enough game right now that dumping what they have would make no sense. Their site's FAQ says they are on schedule for Q4 03, but that was posted in Summer of 02... since the site has been updated since, I'm just gonna assume that they are still working on it.
Old 11-22-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was very much looking forward to this game when the gamecube launched. Too bad.
Old 10-25-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

bump

I picked this up for xbox for $30. Any impressions before I open the shrinkwrap? I generally love action/adventure/rpg games.
Old 10-25-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
It's a cool game, has some good humor in it, really good graphics and enviroments. Controls are pretty bad, though. I'd give it a 7/10.
Old 10-25-04, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
The controls are pretty good actually - perhaps it just takes some getting used to. I found the graphics to be kinda weak in the demo though... I just don't like the stylistic choice of the character models. I'd say open the shrinkwrap (as long as you're happy paying that price for it).
Old 10-25-04, 04:41 PM

I saw it for $39.99 at TRU and almost picked it up as part of the "Buy 2 get 1 Free" deal. I really enjoyed the demo (despite the weak graphics) and plan on watching for it to drop a little more in price before I pick it up.
Old 10-25-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
The controls are pretty good actually - perhaps it just takes some getting used to. I found the graphics to be kinda weak in the demo though... I just don't like the stylistic choice of the character models. I'd say open the shrinkwrap (as long as you're happy paying that price for it).
The controls are bad in the sense that if you make the wrong move (even slightly) on a ledge or something, you fall to your death. They just feel awkward.