TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. 11/19

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The O.C. 11/19

"The Homecoming", Episode #111.
Julie is incensed when she finds out her daughter accompanied Ryan to the prison where his brother is incarcerated; the Cohens host Thanksgiving dinner.

Man, I love this show! I think this episode has been the best so far, and that is hard to say since thise show is so good. Summer looked amazing in that shirt

Here are some of my favorite lines from Seth this episode:
"Holy akward!"

Ryan: "What are you doing?"
Seth: "Not lying on the floor with Mr. Oats."

"So you finally agree that I'm the funny one." - glad he knows his role.

Last edited by Jonny2k1; 11-19-03 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-19-03, 09:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I agree - this was one of the best episodes of this series. Plenty of laughs - although a bit Brady Bunchy-ish during the Thanksgiving dinner preparation.

Again, most, if not all the laughs, came from Seth.
Old 11-19-03, 09:11 PM

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm hooked on this show. It's easily one of the most entertaining shows on tv. Another great episode.
Old 11-19-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

okay, I know this is asked everytime in an OC thread, but what was that final acoustic song that played near the end about "brother and sister" or something like that?

also, I think it was a great show. IMO, one of the only good shows still left on TV, or at least one of the few that I bother catching,
Old 11-19-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a pretty new fan to this show, but it won me over real quick. This was only the third episode I saw, but I thought it was just great, for the most part. I don't really like Ryan all that much, but he isn't so bad. Seth is definitely the more entertaining character. His little perdicament tonight was one of the funniest things on network television in a while. I really can't wait till next week's episode. I hope this show lasts.

Oh and I'd chose Ana over Summer, even though I don't really like ladies with short hair. I just like her character much more. If I had the chance though, I'd be doing exactly what Seth is doing, two bruises and all.
Old 11-19-03, 10:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Great episode.

I loved the pact to keep Kirsten away from the food.

The Seth stuff was good. The scene when Anna and Summer see each other and the look on everyones faces, especially the look of pride on Caleb's, was priceless.
Old 11-19-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
Great episode.

The scene when Anna and Summer see each other and the look on everyones faces, especially the look of pride on Caleb's, was priceless.
The look on his grandfather's face during that scene made the entire show.

This was classic television at its best. Seth's dad and grandpa were both so proud of him and his predicament, while his mother just continued to get more drunk as the ep went along.

Sandy silently talking to Seth in the kitchen and trying to pound fists at him while Seth stared at him w/out blinking.

I liked how they tried to keep the mom away from the food, too.

I am not ashamed to admit I could watch this show everday. And it is light years ahead of 90210, I think I can honestly say that now.

Bonnie Somerville's character, Rachel, is so damn sexy.
Old 11-20-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No longer feeling guilty about this show; this ep was great. Caleb and Sandy's expressions when Anna&Summer show up was priceless!
Old 11-20-03, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
No longer feeling guilty about this show; this ep was great. Caleb and Sandy's expressions when Anna&Summer show up was priceless!
Completely agree. The writing on this show is top notch. No reason to feel guilty about watching it at all.
Old 11-20-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad that most people won't really give it a chance. Damn, every show i watch is on Wednesday. Between this, the great Smallville, and the phenomenal Angel tonight i pretty much overdosed on great tv. Im definitely getting the OC season 1 box set
Old 11-20-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This has been by far the best episode. I love the fact that Sandy is getting more funny one liners now. "No really, everyone please share" (while they were all fighting in the kitchen).

Best line of the night was one of the greatest on TV ever. When Kirsten is mixing up the drinks in teh blender and Seth is yelling at her, then the cliche moment of her turning off the blender, but he's still yelling so everyone can hear him. Then he says "Oh, that really happens in real life?". I swear i couldn't stop laughing.

For all the teenie bopper crap that goes along with it, this show is VERY clever.
Old 11-20-03, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by B.A.hist
The look on his grandfather's face during that scene made the entire show.

I am not ashamed to admit I could watch this show everday. And it is light years ahead of 90210, I think I can honestly say that now.
Oh, hell yeah!! This show kicks ass! It's definitely my favorite new show this season. It's so funny and the chemistry between all the characters (my fave being Seth and Summer) is unbelievable. I love it!
Old 11-20-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was the funniest episode that I've seen so far.

The pact to keep the Mom out of the kitchen
Old 11-20-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is now the only show I watch on TV (except Alias on DVD). I'm just not a TV guy, but this show is great. This one by far my favorite episode I've seen so far. The first episode I thought where really the entire cast was all at their best.

Like everyone, Seth is the best part. Best line of the episode was yelled out "Marissa is in Chino" & then her mon came in & he said "uggghhh.....Marissa has my chinos, I love those pants". Just his delivery had me LOL.
Old 11-20-03, 01:17 PM

Seth is definately the center of the show. But I have to admit the rest of the cast has also had there own funny moments.

Even Ryan is beginning to show more of his personality instead of just the brooding, troubled teen. (The part when Marissa picks him up in the Range rover, "What are you doing" ... "Following you" ... "Good Idea" (with one of his "looks") )
Old 11-20-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is not exactly about tonight's episode, but does anyone think Anna may go back to Pittsburgh sometime during the show, and Seth will really have to make an important descision?
Old 11-20-03, 02:05 PM
Suspended

I'm curious, did anyone noticed if Seth's mom called Jimmy 'Tate' when he arrived for dinner? My wife swore she heard her say "Hi, Tate"
Old 11-20-03, 02:42 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by balancer
I'm curious, did anyone noticed if Seth's mom called Jimmy 'Tate' when he arrived for dinner? My wife swore she heard her say "Hi, Tate"
No I didn't, but would be funny to hear. The encore is on tonight.
Old 11-20-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DAMN IT!

I forgot to watch it last night. I was so wanting to see Anna. DAMN IT. Too many shows to watch on Wednesday, Ed, WW, Angel, L and O. DAMN.

Edit: Oohh, its encored tonight at 2100. YES, there is a god. More Anna please.
Old 11-20-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

what was that song playing when they were about to leave to go to the jail.

it was a piano piece (but I am not entirely sure)
Old 11-20-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Absolutely love this show! I think this might be my favorite TV show right now.

Old 11-20-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just saw the beginning of the repeat last night & I can DEFINITELY confirm that when Jimmy first comes over to Seth's for dinner, that Seth's mom calls him by his real name Tate.

Also, another observation on what makes this show so good. If you look at this thread everyone here is talking about there favorite lines or parts from this episode & nobody is repeating the same line, everyone can pick out there own favorite part which is pretty impressive IMO.
Old 11-20-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
What a great show!

Seth was great. I love the music that was played during his back and forth btwn Summer and Anna.

Sandy was hilarious throughout the episode. The "Gruesome twosome."

Finally, Summer in that shirt.
Old 11-20-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Joeboo835
I love the fact that Sandy is getting more funny one liners now. "No really, everyone please share" (while they were all fighting in the kitchen).
I finally caught that this time around. Funny stuff. This show requires repeat viewings sometimes.
Old 11-20-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Red Dog
Sandy was hilarious throughout the episode. The "Gruesome twosome."

Finally, Summer in that shirt.
Sandy was killing me last night, I loved it when Caleb walked into the kitchen and he said, "What? Your leaving already?"

The camera did conveniently find it's way looking down Summer's shirt. That was nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.