Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

"Two Towers" Giftset, -Fifth disc details?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 222 Likes on 196 Posts

What exactly is on the fifth disc of the giftset, -in terms of features and specific running times? I've checked out many reviews but nobody seems to have actually watched it or provides more than a one-line description of the content...
Old 11-19-03, 09:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll watch it tomorrow and report back what's on it. I wish I could resist these special edition sets.
Old 11-19-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i took the following info from this site:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews...ws.asp?ID=3769

which reviews the R4 dvd - which should be essentially the same as the R1 package...

DISC 5
Featurette - Film Collectibles: Capturing Movie Memories
There is only one featurette included on the fifth disc that is bundled in this Collector's Edition. It is a relatively brief 23:37 minute look at film collectibles (models and kits and the like) and in particular the way Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop decided to use their in-house artists to create a range of film collectibles for the whole trilogy, rather than licence that part of the merchandise to a third party. It starts off quite respectably, with a look at the large number of collectibles that both Jackson and Weta chief Richard Taylor own and the seemingly scary fanaticism they express over their horde. It then looks at the methods used by Weta to make the large variety of models and the input from the actors on each piece. Up to that point it is quite interesting, but unfortunately the last half reads more like an advertisement, encouraging you to part with further cash to complete your collection.
Old 11-19-03, 10:45 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by InnocentBlood
i took the following info from this site:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews...ws.asp?ID=3769

which reviews the R4 dvd - which should be essentially the same as the R1 package...

DISC 5
Featurette - Film Collectibles: Capturing Movie Memories
There is only one featurette included on the fifth disc that is bundled in this Collector's Edition. It is a relatively brief 23:37 minute look at film collectibles (models and kits and the like) and in particular the way Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop decided to use their in-house artists to create a range of film collectibles for the whole trilogy, rather than licence that part of the merchandise to a third party. It starts off quite respectably, with a look at the large number of collectibles that both Jackson and Weta chief Richard Taylor own and the seemingly scary fanaticism they express over their horde. It then looks at the methods used by Weta to make the large variety of models and the input from the actors on each piece. Up to that point it is quite interesting, but unfortunately the last half reads more like an advertisement, encouraging you to part with further cash to complete your collection.
I watched this last night and agree with this reviewer.

The little box and booklet it comes with is pretty cool though. But still not the equivalent (in terms of real value) that the Fellowship National Geographic DVD had.

But I'm pretty happy with the whole package.