Old 11-18-03, 11:08 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any NHL Rivals impressions?

Interested to see if it's any good.
Old 11-19-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are some reviews out there, including the site I work for (although I did not write the review). Check out GR...there are sites who have already reviewed it. I won't advertise my site though, don't want to get into trouble here
Old 11-19-03, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
The demo looked pretty weak, but I haven't heard anything about the actual game.
Old 11-20-03, 11:33 AM

So has anyone picked it up here yet? I was reading so reviews on the game that actually said it was pretty good. Then IGN chimed in about how the graphics aren't very good and that the controls are sluggish. IGN gave it a 6.5. Then some other reviews have given it high marks. Waiting for more feedback before I go out and get this one.
Old 11-20-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only thing I can recommend outside of checking out the site I work for (which you probably already did) is to go to Operation Sports forums and try to weed through and get to posts that look deep into the game. Bypass the "this game sucks" or "this game rules" (with elite speak letters of course) and get to some posters that get into the meat and potatoes. That will be where you will know whether or not it is a worthy purchase.

I know some people on my site's forums have picked it up and they are enjoying it. There is one poster that has all the hockey games and he is so far enthused by this one quite a bit. The online thing seems to be the coolest thing as well (10 people on up to 6 Xboxes can play this game on Live or System Link).

And I'm waiting on my copy, so I don't have it yet.
Old 11-20-03, 12:22 PM

There's little activity at Operation Sports' Rivals forum. (In fact, the whole hockey section is slow now.) Try this instead...

http://www.thunderpuck.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Old 11-20-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Cyberock
So has anyone picked it up here yet? I was reading so reviews on the game that actually said it was pretty good. Then IGN chimed in about how the graphics aren't very good and that the controls are sluggish. IGN gave it a 6.5. Then some other reviews have given it high marks. Waiting for more feedback before I go out and get this one.
Ouch, besides Top Spin and Links 2004, it appears reviewers aren't showing Microsoft any love.

What about Inside Drive 2004? The guy at my EB was foaming at the mouth over this a month or two ago when he told me it will be "better then ESPN Basketball or NBA Live 2004"

Of course he also said Live 2004 was better then ESPN, so his credibility went out the window right there
Old 11-20-03, 05:06 PM

Well, I decided to take a chance and get NHL Rivals along with NBA Inside Drive.
Old 11-21-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Cyberock
Well, I decided to take a chance and get NHL Rivals along with NBA Inside Drive.
Let us know how they are