Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

So, anyone pick up the new blink182 CD?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to pick it up after work. anyone have any thoughts on it?
Old 11-18-03, 02:47 PM
Cool New Member

I haven't picked it up yet. I'm not a huge Blink fan but the tracks I've heard on the radio besides the single sound really good. I'm actually excited about the new Blink 182 CD and plan on picking it up on my lunch break.
Old 11-18-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I was tempted to pick it up while i was buying LOTR and Live in Texas but decided to pass until i heard more tracks off the album. I'm a bit sick of Feeling This after hearing it since August thanks to Madden 2004
Old 11-18-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked it up a few minutes ago and listened to the first 4 songs so far. theyre pretty good, especially song 3 (I miss you). Ill listen to the rest now.
Old 11-18-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first 3 songs were good, then the album takes a turn for the worse. I know they wanted to mature and change their sound, but some of this is just plain awful. There are some good songs in there, but many like Fallen Interlude and All of This are not blink. I don't know what to say . . .
Old 11-18-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I've listened to the first few songs and liked them. Had to skip ahead to the Robert Smith tune. It's an odd pairing, but I like it.
Old 11-18-03, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't like it after a first listen. Thank God I didn't buy it....besides, Blink hasn't been good (IMO) since their old days back at home in SoCal...Chesire Cat and Dude Ranch.
Old 11-18-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've been a fan since Dude Ranch and have basically loved every single song up until now. The new album is sub-par to say the least. In a way it is what I had hoped for, now all the stupid teenie-bopper 14yr old girls will stop going to the shows It's not a horrible album, but out of the 14 tracks I'd say only 4 or 5 sounded good to me (the kicker is that the UK gets a bonus track which is actually better than most of the real songs...its called "Not Now" and you can find it if you look hard)....and I can listen to every single song on all the other CDs and enjoy myself. O well, I get to see them on Friday....got 2 tickets with pre-buying 2 of the CDs a few weeks ago...they always rock live, can't wait.
Old 11-18-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I fully agree with mittman. the first 3 are good, then the rest of the cd drops off big time. especially the songs mittman mentioned. very weird stuff.
Old 11-19-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority. I haven't bought the album, but I listened to it on mtv.com when they were streaming it. With the exception of a couple of songs (including their single Feeling This), I thought it was a pretty solid album. I liked it.

I also enjoyed the pairing with Smith. Odd, but I still liked it.

It was interesting too. They were on KROQ and said that the song right before that is essentially the same musically, but played different (slower, accoustic, etc.)
Old 11-19-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Add me to the minority. I gave it a few listens between last night and this morning and I like it a lot. Sure, there were a few tracks that I could do without, but that's the norm with almost every album that I buy.
Old 11-19-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

im not saying its a bad album, there are definitly some good songs (track 3 is prob my fav) Im sure if i listen to it a few more times ill really like it. its definitly different though. i dont like the instrumental song at all, its just the same beat over and over, nut thats really the only song i dislike.