TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Funniest commercial on tv

Old 11-18-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funniest commercial on tv

my two favorites are:
New Juicy Fruit Gum
where the donkey pinata comes to life and starts humping the little girl's leg to get the gum

Barcardi & Cola
pretty much any of their commercials
Old 11-18-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
I like the new beer commercial with the people falling like dominoes.

I also like the "Real Men of Genius" ads.
Old 11-18-03, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Damfino

The one celebrating the foot-long hot dog is filled with so much sexual innuendo, I'm surprised people havent' complained about it...it's REALLY funny, though!
Old 11-18-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Exactly what I was going to say. I've seen only a few of them, but I've heard the rest on the radio. I loved the wrestling outfits one--I was rolling on the floor when I saw it.
Old 11-18-03, 10:40 AM

I like the "Really Bad Toupee" commercial.
"Couldn't look faker unless it had a chin strap on it."
Old 11-18-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Real Men of Genius and the Miller High Life commercials.
Old 11-18-03, 11:08 AM

The Real Men commercials have been around for a while on the radio. IMO, the older ones were much, much funnier than the new ones. They should make some of those (Taco Salad guy, etc).

Beer commercials is unquestionably the industry with the best commercials.
Old 11-18-03, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not really a commercial but not really a part of the show. VH1's I love the 80's Strikes Back has those cats performing "Welcome to the Jungle"....I love that bit. it has me laughing everytime.
Old 11-18-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The High Life campaign has been one of the most consistently great ones in recent memory. My favorite has to be the mayonnaise one, followed closely by Noah. I also like the Budweiser True campaign, particularly the two guys at the bar talking about the ex-girlfriend.

I liked the original Real American Heroes radio spots better than the Real Men of Genius ones.

das
Old 11-18-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Budweiser True, interviewing the football player after his team lost the game.

The star player blames his teammates for the loss, the reporter asks, "So your four fumbles had nothing to do with it?"

"Not if those guys would fall on the ball. Again, I can't do everything."

Reporter: "There's no I in team."
Player: "There ain't no we either."

This one cracks me up no matter how many times I see it.
Old 11-18-03, 01:29 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I like the new one for Subway with the tough looking guy talking about jumping out of a plane, having both chutes fail, and asking himself "What Would Jerrod Do?". It then cuts to a shot of Jerrod sitting at a desk with a sign behind it that says "Ask Jerrod"-- and he's screaming like a little girl.
Old 11-18-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the beer commercial with that song, "...She's pulling an anchor, a junior investment banker, who talks about herself, and not much more..." (mighty wingman). Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what beer it's for.

Even though I'm not a fan of Best Buy, the commercial with the flashback to the 80s is funny. Sister Christian is playing in the bakground and the "cool brother" says something like, "It's a VCR, WITH remote" -- that cracks me up.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 11-18-03 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-18-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Coors, and I believe at one point there was a debate over the originality of the song. It's odd that Coors would do this campaign, since their commercials usually blow goats.

das
Old 11-18-03, 02:00 PM

Jack in the Box - Real, Juicy, Plump Breasts!
Old 11-18-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by BlackCapTen
I like the beer commercial with that song, "...She's pulling an anchor, a junior investment banker, who talks about herself, and not much more..." (mighty wingman). Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what beer it's for.

That's a great commercial. Got to give props to our beer brewing companies - they definitely have some creative ad people working for them.
Old 11-18-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
Not really a commercial but not really a part of the show. VH1's I love the 80's Strikes Back has those cats performing "Welcome to the Jungle"....I love that bit. it has me laughing everytime.
My wife hates GNR but loves cats. When she saw that ad, I think her head nearly exploded from the paradox.
Old 11-18-03, 02:25 PM

There are a few:

1) The Mike's Hard Lemonade commericals where someone loses a body part or has something really bad happen to their person (a steel pipe through their abdomen, say) and the injured party acts like it's no big deal

2) The Budget Rent-A-Car ad where a promotion called "Rent a Ranger, Be a Ranger" is suggested. We break to the imagined commercial where a regular guy dressed as a forest ranger picks up a bear cub, only to have the cub puke all over the guy

3) The discoverychannel.com commercials - especially the mosquito one ("Hello, mosquito!")

4) The recent Washington Mutual one where the new customer gets such great service, he now has a new attitude - and doesn't mind coffee poured on his crotch

Hard to think of which one of these is my fave, so take your pick - they're all winners.
Old 11-18-03, 03:09 PM

The sprint commercial where the sorority girls start screaming SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the windows in the house shatter. The look on the sprint guy's face as he is pushed onto the floor had me
Old 11-18-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
then you should like www.rathergood.com
Old 11-18-03, 04:09 PM

Some of the new subway commercials are pretty funny. "It's ok, I ate subway"

- The one where the guy is in a cheerleader outfit washing his car, and the old guy is video taping it.

- The one where some old guy's holding a football and off screen somebody just tackles him across the yard. Then the old guy comes back and throws the football at his balls.
Old 11-18-03, 04:20 PM

"You are my shining star..."

Old 11-18-03, 04:25 PM

1) Regarding the Subway commercial where "It's ok, I had Subway" is the slogan. The guy in the cheerleader outfit is NOT the best part of that one. His supposed wife with the fantastic sweater pillows is very tasty. Not sure what her face looks like because my eyes are always looking about a foot lower.

The Budget Rent-A-Car ad where a promotion called "Rent a Ranger, Be a Ranger" is suggested. We break to the imagined commercial where a regular guy dressed as a forest ranger picks up a bear cub, only to have the cub puke all over the guy
2) I always liked the one with the aromatherapy candles and the business guys all fall asleep.
Old 11-18-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Citibank card with identity theft protection. Specifically the one I really like is the middle aged guy, but there are different ones. They have a voice over of the person talking about all the stuff they are buying and not having to pay for, while the victim is lip syncing. Of course for the middle aged guy, he's got a valley girl voice and is talking about a leather boustier There's an old lady that sounds like a trucker. They do the lip syncing very well.
Old 11-18-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was thinking the Juicy Fruit commercial when I read the subject of this thread.

I like the JF commercial where the office worker is walking with his pack of gum past a "file cabinet", but it's actually a co-worker who steals his gum, then he walks past a window, but it's another worker....
Old 11-18-03, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a good site for commercials in Quicktime format. http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/
It doesn't require registration, but it does ask what sort of production professional you are.
There's lots of foreign and spec commercials you wouldn't otherwise see.

And the Guinness in a bottle ad has me randomly shouting "BRILLIANT!"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.