Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me find Twin Peaks

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Help me find Twin Peaks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-03, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me find Twin Peaks

After the anouncement of the whole Twin Peaks debacle with Anchor Bay I am interested in finding the whole series including the piolt on dvd from a different region. I know there is a 4-disc version out there that I think is Spanish. I just have had no luck finding it for sale anywhere but eBay. It maybe out of print, but anyways I am asking for the forum's help in finding it for sale. Why not use our resources to good use? Thanks for any help you can be. You've all been good to me thus far. I have been just silent in the background.
Old 11-17-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Here you go.....

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=961
Old 11-17-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are there any other review on the picture quality? The R1 of Season 1 is immaculate, so I did not expect this version to be on par with it. But how does it compare with other TV sets that have been released from the 80's?
Old 11-17-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From dugpa.com FAQ:

What about the Spanish Full Season 1 and Season 2 Set?

As seen on Ebay among other places, the Region 2 Spanish DVD set is contains all 29 Episodes including the Pilot. From what I hear, the quality leaves a lot to be desired and is only marginally better than VHS.
I am holding out to see what other editions come out.
Old 11-18-03, 11:45 AM

The Season 1 Korean set is the best to get (for that season). The quality is on par with the Region 1 but it also includes the Pilot episode, which the Region 1 set does not have.

Even better is that the Pilot episode is much better quality than the DVD release from Taiwan that comes by itself.
Old 11-18-03, 04:33 PM

www.dvdgo.com used to have it
Old 11-18-03, 05:09 PM

You could go laser disc. The entire series was released in the USA and Japan. The Japanese version is a little bit better and it has some extras and also subtitles, but the USA version is plenty good and better than VHS.

As it happens, I have both sets and am willing to sell either (each complete - I will not sell individual box sets). E-mail if interested.
Old 11-19-03, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Sifu
The Season 1 Korean set is the best to get (for that season). The quality is on par with the Region 1 but it also includes the Pilot episode, which the Region 1 set does not have.

Even better is that the Pilot episode is much better quality than the DVD release from Taiwan that comes by itself.
The Korean set does not have dts...
Old 11-19-03, 09:01 PM

Froom Lynchnet:
Saturday, September 13, 2003

Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD release date - in Europe

Paramount Sweden has confirmed that the season 2 DVD box set of Twin Peaks will be released in September 2004 in Europe. No reason is given for the lengthy delay, but hopefully it means they're taking time to come up with some extras. Thanks to Rasmus Thord for the info.

---------------

I got the UK-R2 Season 1 of TP which i believe is the "best" version out so far.... If Paramount Sweden says ok, im sure other countries in europe will give the go ahead sooner or later +/- 3 months....
Old 11-21-03, 09:23 AM

I got the UK-R2 Season 1 of TP which i believe is the "best" version out so far.... If Paramount Sweden says ok, im sure other countries in europe will give the go ahead sooner or later +/- 3 months....
Why would the UK version be better than the Korean?
Old 11-25-03, 02:35 PM

Korean Twin Peaks

I can vouch for the Korean set. The transfers and extras are identical to the R1, and the pilot is much better than the Taiwan DVD, and, I'd say, better than my old Laserdisc. Paramount distributed the DVD in Korea. I found mine on ebay for $40, but that was nearly a year ago. As for Season 2, I'm still hanging on to my laserdiscs.