Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : How does the animatrix fit into the matrix order?

Ringo20000
11-17-03, 11:46 AM
I'm looking to do an all day matrix viewing watching all three movies and the animatrix. I've only seen the animtrix shorts that are online so I'm wondering where the shorts fit in relation to the movies.

Groucho
11-17-03, 11:47 AM
Most take place between the first movie and Reloaded, but some take place before the first movie.

V-ism
11-17-03, 02:16 PM
It should be viewed before Reloaded since it was meant to be viewed then. Even though a couple of them are accounts of events before the first movie, they are in the context that you have already watched the first movie. That's why they are records accessed from the Zion mainframe.

jaeufraser
11-17-03, 03:17 PM
I beieve Animatrix can be best viewed as Matrix 1.5. Truthfully if yo're dong a Matrix day, I would recomend sticking to only 4 of the Matrix stories. The 2nd renaisane pt. 1 and 2, kid's story, and flight of osiris. My recommended viewing order...

Matrix
2nd Renaisance pt 1 &2
Kid's Story
Flight of Osiris
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions

The other shorts are good entertainment, but don't really tie in directly with the overall story. Those four...have a more direct connection with a kids story and flight giving some small details into some of the smaller plot points in the sequels.

RyoHazuki
11-17-03, 04:50 PM
^
Thats the way to go. Even though the 2nd Renaisance comes before Matrix its much better to see the matrix fist.

Lara Means
11-18-03, 12:03 AM
Let's not forget about Enter the Matrix

JT_97Neon
11-18-03, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Lara Means

If only we could :-)

beefjerky
11-18-03, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
^
Thats the way to go. Even though the 2nd Renaisance comes before Matrix its much better to see the matrix fist.

2nd Renaissance can be viewed after the Matrix because it's technically a historical account from the Zion archives, and no date is specified.

There are rumors of an Animatrix 2 floating around, and Warners might give it a theatrical release.

steebo777
11-18-03, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Lara Means
How true.

sol4real
11-18-03, 01:11 PM
I did a matix viewing on Nov. 4th with some of my friends who only seen the first matrix. I showed the films in this order:

2nd Renaissance 1&2
Matrix
Kid Story
Final Flight of the Osiris
Reloaded

and the next day we went to a late showing of Revolutions

jekbrown
11-18-03, 01:50 PM
well, Enter the matrix may be a crap game but it does have a lot of footage made just for it... if you beat the game is it all unlocked for you so u could easily make it part of a "matrix day" event or would you have to play the game to get the goodies??

j

RocShemp
11-18-03, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by JT_97Neon
If only we could :-)

Considering how "well received" the game was, am I the only one who thinks that the deleted scenes that will be included in the announced DVD re-release of The Matrix Reloaded will be mostly (if not exclusively) comprised of the hour of movie footage that was included in Enter the Matrix?

Ringo20000
11-18-03, 03:16 PM
I've seen the first 2 matrix movies, the 4 animatrix shorts that can be viewed online, along with some of the clips from Enter the Matrix (I beat it with Naobi and started with Ghost but there were way to many bugs, I couldnt even play some of the levels with Ghost it was so bad). The person I'm probably going to watch them all with has seen all 3 movies but not the animatrix. It seems most people agree that the animatrix should come after the matrix and before reloaded, this is what I'll probably do.