Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Carnivale 11/16

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 09:07 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Carnivale 11/16

"Hot and Bothered"

Brother Justin returns to Mintern to chart out a new direction for his ministry. At the Carnivale, Samson's loss is Lodz's gain.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Pretty intense and scary dream that Lodz witnessed when Ben was sleeping.
Old 11-16-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome episode.

Is Scudder the guy with the tattoo of the tree?
For someone that doesn't say anything, Sophie's mother sure is creepy.
Old 11-17-03, 08:14 AM

I was hoping for a little more in the episode since now there is only two left. Will they be able to wrap everything up in the next two episodes, or will stuff be left over for another season?

Are the dreams that Ben has about running through the field, memories of Scutter's or are they his own when he was escaping from the chain-gang?
Old 11-17-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I dunno, this episode sort of meandered all over the place. I hope the payoff is a good one.
Old 11-17-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree that I didn't like this one as much as the last few. They didn't really reveal anything, they just revisited Ben's dream to make it fresh in everyone's mind. It wasn't a bad episode though. It was very creepy, thanks to Brother Justin of course

It was very distracting to watch Terminator 3 since I didn't know Nick Stahl was playing John Conner until I actually saw him on the screen. Even worse since Clea Duvall reminds me of Claire Danes with that haircut.
Old 11-17-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but Jonesy is becoming the "Seth Cohen" of Carnivale.
Old 11-17-03, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Maybe it's just me, but Jonesy is becoming the "Seth Cohen" of Carnivale.
Hey Don Juan ....
Trying to work two women at the same time
Old 11-17-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Good ep with a very creepy ending: Between Justin raising up his army, and the disturbing converstation between Lodz and Management, it's the stuff that nightmares are made of.

One question: Who was that in Ben's dream that told Lodz that this one wasn't for him (or something, it happened so fast that I sort of missed it)? Was that a character we're supposed to recognize?
Old 11-17-03, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
One question: Who was that in Ben's dream that told Lodz that this one wasn't for him (or something, it happened so fast that I sort of missed it)? Was that a character we're supposed to recognize?
It was Scutter. Lodz even mentions it to management at the end. Something like "It was Scutter ... he was talking directly to me."
Old 11-18-03, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
I dunno, this episode sort of meandered all over the place.
I've had that opinion of the whole series.
Old 11-18-03, 02:02 PM

Are we sure this is going to have a second season? I kinda assumed it was going to be like a Band of Brothers series.

It doesn't seem like the type of series to continue year to year, but who knows.

Maybe the last episode is going to be two hours, like they usually do with the Sopranos.
Old 11-18-03, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Chooch
Are we sure this is going to have a second season?
HBO has ordered scripts to be written for season 2, but there is no official pickup yet.

Since the ratings dropped pretty significantly, the word is they are going to wait and see what kind of awards (if any) it garners before making a concrete decision.

But ordering scripts is a decent sign.
Old 11-18-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been luke warm on this show since the premiere, but I'm getting more and more into it even though the payoff is small. Seeing the birth of a villain in Brother Justin has been most rewarding, although I don't think I've ever seen such a slow-moving storyline. Going from 24 to this will give you whiplash.

Last edited by vivarey; 11-18-03 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-18-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well it's on HBO at least 3 times a week. They could put a test pattern in its place and still get awards, so I predict it will get renewed. The fans of this show are just rabid, just from what I've seen on HBO's messageboards. They watch every episode at least twice and pick apart every little thing (and there's a lot to pick apart)

I imagine this series could do well on DVD because of that. For me episodes 2-4 were a drag to get through, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I don't know how they're going to wrap all this up so quickly, but I thought the same thing during the first season of The Shield. In that case, the season finale was brilliant.
Old 06-20-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

HELP! The TiVo screwed me!

I am catching up on my archived Carnivale shows on TiVo. However, the channel change didn't go thru on this one episode. Anyone have it on TiVo or tape, and willing to send me a tape recording of the show? I will be glad to pay for shipping and the tape.

I looked for a torrent, but found nothing.
Hit me up with an email if you can help me. Thanks!

Cliff
Old 06-21-04, 03:37 AM
Banned

I have the entire Carnivale series on tape if you are interested.
Old 06-21-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by corycouger
I have the entire Carnivale series on tape if you are interested.
Could you send me an email so we can work out the details? Just click my email link up above.
I would need only the episode Hot and Bothered .
I will be happy to pay for a tape and shipping. (Do you have extra VCR to make a copy?)
Old 06-21-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well I really liked the show but I do hope they pick up the pace a little if there is a second season.
Old 06-21-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by sven
...I do hope they pick up the pace a little if there is a second season.
That seems to be everyone's opinion -- but mine.

Of course, I gobbled up the episodes in a period of two weeks, so I didn't have as long to wait... I thought it was one of the best things I've seen on TV. For me the pacing was gorgeous, like a great novel in skillful hands... But it was very clearly pointing to a long, long story arc that we may never get to see finished...

I'm not holding out much hope for its return. It was one of the most expensive things HBO has ever done, and too many people founding its pace frustrating -- the audience shrank throughout the run.

They ordered scripts for season two, but I'd be surprised if anything comes of it now. Too bad, 'cause it's one hell of a story, and I'd like to see it through...

(I also thought there was a remote chance we might get to see Linda Hunt playing a man again... for the first time since her Oscar in '84... )
Old 06-21-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On HBO's messageboard :
"Carnivale: Season 2 premiere date is has not yet been decided. Once it is confirmed it will be posted here and on the site. " Could be taken two ways, that Season 2 hasn't been decided, or just the date hasn't been decided. Considering the cultish following this show has, I'd be really surprised if they cancelled it after one season. They have a friggin tarot card game based on the show now!
Old 06-22-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Season 2 is currently in production.
Old 06-22-04, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Thrush
Season 2 is currently in production.
Really? Where'd you hear it? That's exciting news for me! Any articles or other information you (or anyone) can point me to?
Old 06-22-04, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by adamblast
Really? Where'd you hear it? That's exciting news for me! Any articles or other information you (or anyone) can point me to?
Listing at TvTome:
http://www.tvtome.com/Carnivale/eplist.html
Old 06-23-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When is the second season of "Carnivale" scheduled to premiere?
"Carnivale" continues to be one of our most popular shows, and we just received the official word from HBO that a second season is in production. Unlike your average television show that takes a few months to bring out a new series of episodes, "Carnivale" will take much longer due to the extensive production schedule. The early rumor is that "Carnivale" season 2 may not premiere until late 2004.
http://www.tmn.ca/customercare/faq.php

Carnivale returns with its second season in January 2005
http://www.themidway.org/news.html
Old 06-23-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cool, a date Unfortunately it's so far away I'm going to have to watch the whole damn thing again if I want to have any idea what's going on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.