Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

***** You Sony

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
***** You Sony

So my second Playstation in 3 years is dead. Both suffered the same "disc read error" fate. I have tried to fix both by tightening the laser screw, and both times I have been unsuccessful.

So ***** you Sony for making a shabby product, and not fixing any of the flaws in your three years of production.
Old 11-16-03, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
And you posted this because?
Old 11-16-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ***** You Sony

Originally posted by deadlax
So my second Playstation in 3 years is dead. Both suffered the same "disc read error" fate. I have tried to fix both by tightening the laser screw, and both times I have been unsuccessful.

So ***** you Sony for making a shabby product, and not fixing any of the flaws in your three years of production.

Sorry to see you are having problems as described above. The only thing I can say is I have had my PS2 since the initial release of the system and it is still working good today. Now watch it break down on me today. Heavily used system still working fine.
Old 11-16-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
You could probably send it to Sony, and they'd fix it free. That was what I was going to do before I sold it to a friend that repairs them.
Old 11-16-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine just started to malfunction last month. It refuses to play about half my DVDs and a few of my games. It's my favorite system so I'm not giving up on it. I'll probably buy a new one after the holidays, which should last me into the next generation of consoles.
Old 11-16-03, 09:37 AM

My first PS2 also died with the same problem in 18 months. I tried every trick in the book to fix the problem. Went as far as opening the PS2 up to increase the voltage to the read mechanism. Worked for several months and then completely dead.

I'm on my second PS2 now and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thong
Old 11-16-03, 09:51 AM
Banned

To me it seems almost all CD or dvd based systems are shit. I got a xbox at lanch and that bad boy is going stoung and I've never had a porb with it. Same with my PSX that people used to say would melt down you're house with over heating. Like damn 6 years later it still works just fine. I guess I'm one lucky bastard. Also you better wacth out joshd is going to kick you're ass for talking bad about Sony.

One thing I know Sony is rich so I'd be happy to **** it and hope I get some money out of the deal.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 11-16-03 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have a first generation PS2 and I've never had a single problem with it. Same with a couple friends of mine.
Old 11-16-03, 11:12 AM
Banned

So you took the time to open up your PS2 and tighten the laser, but you didn't think to try and wipe off the laser?
Old 11-16-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
So we all have a little hardware problem. The have the "same problem" with the X-Box, the GameCube, ... even the PC.

Anyway, we'd love to entertain your venting, ... but not like this. Closing thread.