Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Cost of Booking an Artist for Concert

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a PR class assignment, I need to know how much it would cost to book someone such as John Mayer or someone of his magnitude for a concert.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Rich Sawyer
Old 11-16-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
John Mayer? I would imagine $30k-$50k, quite possibly more. He's selling out coliseums in major cities now. If you go to Johnmayer.com, there's a link under contact for "booking". Better to go to the horse himself than me.
Old 11-16-03, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a website for colleges to use for booking information. I don't know the link but I've visited on many occassions. They have price and availability listed. There is one for Clear Channel and a few others out there. Hopefully you can find them by doing a search on google.

Some of the prices are really high, but that is only because the artist won't play colleges so it would take a lot of money to get them to play at a school.

Also, John Mayer is in the $100K-$150K range now because he doesn't play colleges anymore.