Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Official DVDTalk SmallBall League Thread CCXXVII

twikoff
11-15-03, 06:27 PM
Season 39 starts tuesday, December 2, 2003

Previous Thread (http://www.whydoibotherwhenyoudontusethis.com)

Team Database (http://www.1501wilson.com/smallball/dtsl.htm)

Premiership (http://www.dtsl.net/standings.php?div=Premiership)
First Division (http://www.dtsl.net/standings.php?div=First%20Division)
Second Division (http://www.dtsl.net/standings.php?div=Second%20Division)

League Page Forum (http://www.dtsl.net/boards/)
League STATS thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236486)
League News (http://www.dtsl.net/index.php)
Download the game (http://www.smallball.com)
Team Logos (http://www.dtsl.net/logos.php)
Web Site Stats (http://www.webtrendslive.com/wtl_system/report/summary.asp?siteid=141001&public=on)

Congrats to Darkelf
Smallball Season 58-60, 68-69, 72 & 74 Pro League 1 Champion!
7 Total Championships!! tied for #1 in smallball history
Smallball Season 25b Pro League 1 Champion in soccer

Congrats to WhoGirl
Smallball Season 63 Pro League 1 Champion!

Congrats to mgfred
Smallball Season 65 Pro League 1 Champion!

Congrats to Solipsta
Smallball Season 66 Pro League 1 Champion!

<small>SCREW BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!</small>

<small>
DTSL Fantasy Football League Thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311566)</small>

mgfred
11-15-03, 06:30 PM
No DarkElf in the playoffs? The Duques beat me two straight?

The world is coming to a end!

Prakis
11-15-03, 07:01 PM
The world is definitely ending soon. I took out his gayness in two straight also. #45669, won it 10-6. This game also gave me a 10.0 HR :) So now The Contractors are 10/10.

So I will have to agree. Everyone find shelter now. The end of the world is near!

And I'm ready whenever Dancinns. You taking homefield or initiate 2?

Lateralus
11-15-03, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Prakis
The world is definitely ending soon. I took out his gayness in two straight also. #45669, won it 10-6. This game also gave me a 10.0 HR :) So now The Contractors are 10/10.

So I will have to agree. Everyone find shelter now. The end of the world is near!

And I'm ready whenever Dancinns. You taking homefield or initiate 2?

Well I'm glad the Renegades could help out! :up:

schizopak
11-15-03, 07:44 PM
fleegs, you can start game #1 anytime you want. give me a heads up when you're ready and i'll start game #2.

fleegs
11-15-03, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by schizopak
fleegs, you can start game #1 anytime you want. give me a heads up when you're ready and i'll start game #2.
Ok. I'll start the first one. Go ahead and start the second whenever your ready.

Game 1 - 46075

schizopak
11-15-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by fleegs
Ok. I'll start the first one. Go ahead and start the second whenever your ready.

Game 1 - 46075

Ok Game 2 starting now. #46191

fleegs
11-15-03, 09:25 PM
Ok Game 2 starting now. #46191
Close one so far. You won the first game 4-1.

Th0r S1mpson
11-15-03, 09:39 PM
jdpatri... you around? Do you know you're in the playoffs?

P.S. Your email listed on the DTSL site doesn't work any more.

Borst
11-15-03, 09:54 PM
well I didn't really have a chance in the playoffs this season, I hadn't trained in 43 hours when game 1 was started and I'm heading out now so I had to play game 2 (#46279) right after training and in the frickin brickyard so I lost that one also 1-3 so namrufmot wins our series 2 games to 0

WhoGirl
11-15-03, 10:14 PM
Game #1 of the First Division Playoffs:

Good Fellas Vs. Chambers Hill Heat

Good Fellas win! See ya in the next set, tomfurman backwards! I wish you luck!

Mein gutes Fellas zerquetscht Ihr Marschalls wie Deutschland zerquetschtes Polen. Grösser so, weil sie nicht mit Sicilians kämpfen mußten.

Prakis
11-15-03, 10:20 PM
Going hunting in the morning. I'll check back about noon to see what's a good time for you danskins.

namrfumot
11-15-03, 10:35 PM
Who/CHH, I'll initiate two games tomorrow. I'll try to start my first one will be around 7pm est.

DarkElf
11-15-03, 11:54 PM
Fred...

I was really hoping you'd take out more teams this weekend. :(

Just wondering, have you ever given any thought to abandoning the strategy of playing all your PL games at the end?

schizopak
11-15-03, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by fleegs
Close one so far. You won the first game 4-1.

Wow, even closer in the second game. I won 2-1. Good series. :thumbsup:

DarkElf
11-16-03, 12:11 AM
Wow, even closer in the second game. I won 2-1. Good series. :thumbsup:
2-1? Wait, when did the DTSL Soccer league start up? :confused:

Th0r S1mpson
11-16-03, 12:39 AM
I don't think the 2nd division playoffs will ever start. jdpatri... you here?

He's not on vacation but I can't get a hold of him. :confused:

dancinns
11-16-03, 12:47 AM

And I'm ready whenever Dancinns. You taking homefield or initiate 2? I'll take homefield. I'm up for getting our series out of the way tonight if you want....but you're probably sleeping. If not send me an IM.

I'll be at a movie @ 1 PM Pacific tomorrow and I should be back around 3:30-4:00PM if you want to play our series at that time.

dancinns
11-16-03, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Thor Simpson
I don't think the 2nd division playoffs will ever start. jdpatri... you here?

He's not on vacation but I can't get a hold of him. :confused: Go ahead and play game 1. You've waited long enough.

schizopak
11-16-03, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by DarkElf
2-1? Wait, when did the DTSL Soccer league start up? :confused:

:lol: yeah, yeah, we're not all power hitters like you big guns up in premiership. us 9 star folk fight and claw over one or two runs.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 01:31 AM
:lol: yeah, yeah, we're not all power hitters like you big guns up in premiership. us 9 star folk fight and claw over one or two runs. Oh, you mean like REAL LIFE baseball... :up:

IdgIe49
11-16-03, 08:46 AM
I know none of you people care but my husband made the cutoff score for staff sergeant! YEEHAW!

IdgIe49
11-16-03, 10:34 AM
http://207.188.30.98/go/on.ball.team?tid=72259 :hump:

Prakis
11-16-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by dancinns
I'll be at a movie @ 1 PM Pacific tomorrow and I should be back around 3:30-4:00PM if you want to play our series at that time.

Okay. I'll get back online about 7pm eastern and throw game 1 your way. Works out ok cuz I am going back out this afternoon to try and get a deer. They can be sneaky little suckers sometimes :)

IdgIe49
11-16-03, 11:00 AM
thats murder, prakis

twikoff
11-16-03, 11:00 AM
botr rd1 forfeits were handed out
better hurry and play rd2 games, Im getting forfeit happy ;)
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=330172

dancinns
11-16-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by IdgIe49
I know none of you people care but my husband made the cutoff score for staff sergeant! YEEHAW! :banana:

dancinns
11-16-03, 12:03 PM
Okay. I'll get back online about 7pm eastern and throw game 1 your way. Works out ok cuz I am going back out this afternoon to try and get a deer. They can be sneaky little suckers sometimes :) I'll see you then. If our series goes 3 games feel free to start game 3 at any time. Good luck!

solipsta
11-16-03, 12:23 PM
thats murder, prakis
He only said he was going to "get a deer". That doesn't necessarily mean he's trying to kill it. Maybe he's gonna seduce it. :)

namrfumot
11-16-03, 01:56 PM
Game 1

Fieldmarschalls - 3
Good Fellas - 6

Start game 2 whenever you want Whogirl...good luck!

IdgIe49
11-16-03, 02:13 PM
my team went to the crapper

twikoff
11-16-03, 04:11 PM
nice job elf
looks like youll have 3 teams in PL1 next season :up:

solipsta
11-16-03, 04:16 PM
Yup, and I think Greek Wizard said it would never be done again. He's the only other one to do it....

twikoff
11-16-03, 04:24 PM
maybe its time for elf to start a 4th team..

so he could be the first......

;)

DarkElf
11-16-03, 05:54 PM
inSANity isn't a lock to stay yet. []Pants can still get 10 wins and pass me on tiebreaker, but has to win all 3 remaining games. And BTB needs his team to win almost off them.

But if they do, then that marks another goal off this list. Remember I said in my HPN interview that was one of the things I was trying to do.

Prakis
11-16-03, 06:36 PM
I may have more luck if I do seduce the deer Solipsta. They don't seem to want to come around me right now. :(

Oh well, I'll just have to take out my frustrations on Danskins ;) Game 1 will be starting shortly.

twikoff
11-16-03, 06:40 PM
CRAP!
I just now realized i didnt get demoted out of the premiership

and i was kindof looking forward to a one month vacation ;)

Prakis
11-16-03, 07:05 PM
ok, game 1 is on. #49053

Contractors win 15-11. Game 2 whenever you're ready danskins.

Th0r S1mpson
11-16-03, 07:14 PM
Okay, I'm going to start our first game... #49091

What do we do about a 2nd if jdpatri doesn't show up around here? He may have already turned in for the turkey break, not knowing he was in the playoffs.

dancinns
11-16-03, 08:06 PM
ok, game 1 is on. #49053

Contractors win 15-11. Game 2 whenever you're ready danskins. Sorry aboot the delay. I ended up going to Costco after the flick and didn't get back until about 4:30 then I had to bathe my cats then Survivor Series came on...Anyway, here's game 2: #49220

And we're going to 3 games! :banana: Feel free to play game 3 at your leisure.

Thor: If jdpatri doesn't make any noise by 7PM Pacific then you'll move onto the 2nd division finals.

solipsta
11-16-03, 08:22 PM
You bathe your cats? Isn't that dangerous?

schizopak
11-16-03, 08:38 PM
hey is Division 2 playoffs (the second bracket) ever gonna play?

mgfred
11-16-03, 08:56 PM
inSANity isn't a lock to stay yet. []Pants can still get 10 wins and pass me on tiebreaker, but has to win all 3 remaining games. And BTB needs his team to win almost off them.

But if they do, then that marks another goal off this list. Remember I said in my HPN interview that was one of the things I was trying to do.

Go 1907 Chicago Cubs! One more win and they win PL1 and keep Insanity in there if that win is against []pants!

Prakis
11-16-03, 08:56 PM
Ok then, game 3. #49307. Good luck again :)

twikoff
11-16-03, 09:02 PM
well hell..
im going to stop predicting PL demotion/promotions

going into today.. i was positive i was getting demoted from PL2.. but after double my win total today.. it looks like Ill stay
and I was pretty sure my 2nd team was moving up to PL3, and now that seems like a bit of a stretch still

Smith
11-16-03, 09:12 PM
N e body know the owner of the 1907 chicago cubs?

twikoff
11-16-03, 09:22 PM
smith
i noticed you mentioning you might have to leave some PL games unplayed

not the best solution, but if you have multiple computers.. you can initiate more than 1 PL or UL game at a time.. just by hitting play on 1 before the other one gets too far rendering..

Smith
11-16-03, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by twikoff
smith
i noticed you mentioning you might have to leave some PL games unplayed

not the best solution, but if you have multiple computers.. you can initiate more than 1 PL or UL game at a time.. just by hitting play on 1 before the other one gets too far rendering..

I know but i don't have multiple computers.

I have asst pw for 200148 but don't wanna share it with ppl who could help me multi-initiate.

Prakis
11-16-03, 09:42 PM
And the Duques win 6-2. Congrats Danskin! :)

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:07 PM
Well, so now that I'm finally not in the playoffs, I move that we modify the playoff system and do away with the "wait til you hear from your opponent" crap. 2 reasons:

1. By far, the worst and most annoying thing in DTSL is, IMO, the difficulty in coordinating playoff games. Delays, aggrevation, arg, I hate it. Not always, of course, but often enough to make me post this.

2. In most cases, the team who finished higher doesn't get any advantage in the playoffs if they have to wait until they hear from their opponent. They should be free to train for and time the games they initiate around what works best for them. They're the higher seed, they deserve that advantage.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:09 PM
not the best solution, but if you have multiple computers.. you can initiate more than 1 PL or UL game at a time.. just by hitting play on 1 before the other one gets too far rendering.. You know, I have NEVER been able to get that to work. And I make sure I hit the Play buttons at exactly the same time, and it doesn't matter. The second computer always makes me review the game in progress...

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by mgfred
Go 1907 Chicago Cubs! One more win and they win PL1 and keep Insanity in there if that win is against []pants!
Well, unless BTB can kick some serious ass and win 5 of his final 6, I'm in regardless. But it would be nice to see BTB keep a team in PL1 for a change.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Smith
N e body know the owner of the 1907 chicago cubs? Some guy named (I think, but I'm probably wrong) Darren??? He has posted a _few_ times on the forum, but it's been ages since the last time he posted.

His team has been flirting with a PL1 title for so long, it'll be nice for him to finally win one.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:16 PM
<marquee behavior="alternate">Y2K!</marquee>

http://207.188.30.98/small/leagues/pro5.shtml
http://207.188.30.98/small/leagues/pro6.shtml

Per our agreement, I'll take TWO shotglasses please. :D (one from S.A., one from Austin, if you wouldn't mind...)

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:30 PM
Well, unless BTB can kick some serious ass and win 5 of his final 6, I'm in regardless. But it would be nice to see BTB keep a team in PL1 for a change.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

BTB just beat []pants.

inSANity stays in PL1. :D

Smith
11-16-03, 10:31 PM
You know, I have NEVER been able to get that to work. And I make sure I hit the Play buttons at exactly the same time, and it doesn't matter. The second computer always makes me review the game in progress...

Not suppose to hit play at the same time.

1 pc should hit play

when that is done with

your other pc should be stuck on the initiate screen still and then initiate.

You should have 2 games initiated.

Smith
11-16-03, 10:32 PM

In the help the slow down 12 3 4 5 6 7 8 thread in sb forum.

BTB said hes going to bed and forfeiting in pl games.

Smith
11-16-03, 10:33 PM
Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

BTB just beat []pants.

inSANity stays in PL1. :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

3 teams in pl1

Hopefully you can knock some pvt's out of pl1 rotfl rotfl

DarkElf
11-16-03, 10:40 PM
Not suppose to hit play at the same time.

1 pc should hit play

when that is done with

your other pc should be stuck on the initiate screen still and then initiate.

You should have 2 games initiated. Oh, well, that might explain it. :)

In the help the slow down 12 3 4 5 6 7 8 thread in sb forum.

BTB said hes going to bed and forfeiting in pl games.

Oh no. I hope he's kidding. That would be a horrible way to decide who wins the PL1 title! :mad: Besides, not only can he stay in PL1, he _can_ still win it.

Hopefully you can knock some pvt's out of pl1 rotfl rotfl
As of right now, Dream Riders is the only PVT to be sticking around. And I don't see any more moving up from PL2 (unless you count Bring It Meat, which is still semi-controlled by Angel...)

Smith
11-16-03, 10:45 PM
Just checked his team page for pl1. He initiated it looks like

For some reason i think angel trains Bring it meat.

Bring it meat could still not advance to pl1.

mgfred
11-16-03, 10:46 PM
I dont blame BTB if he can finish. I've had games take 30 minutes to start. Right now I have been waiting 20 minutes for the trainer to open! He lives on the east coast and has a job to go to!

I would be horrible if X loses a PL championship because of forfeits. But I think the 1907 Cubs would have won 1 of his last 2 games anyway!

Wait for the fireworks if that does happen. X will be crying his eyes out since the only thing in his life that matters is smallball.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 11:06 PM
Just checked his team page for pl1. He initiated it looks like

For some reason i think angel trains Bring it meat.

Bring it meat could still not advance to pl1.
Meat did in fact train them most of this season. I think Angel took them back on Thursday or Friday.

But yeah, there's a real good chance Meat stays in PL2. He's in 5th right now.

BTW, CONGRATS TO PHAROH! He's baaaaaack. :)

Th0r S1mpson
11-16-03, 11:09 PM
hey is Division 2 playoffs (the second bracket) ever gonna play?
Yeah... I played and won the first game today after waiting forever for jdpatri but he still hasn't shown. I'm pretty sure he didn't realize he was in the playoffs and now there's no way to contact him (his email doesn't work either).

According to dancing nick, I'll move up to the finals against you and the Cornpickers. If you want to initiate 2, just go for it any time. My team is always 100% ready for a game.

If you want me to initiate 2, that's fine too. I will be starting mine in the AM if you're ready. Feel free to IM me any time.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mgfred
I dont blame BTB if he can finish. I've had games take 30 minutes to start. Right now I have been waiting 20 minutes for the trainer to open! He lives on the east coast and has a job to go to!

I would be horrible if X loses a PL championship because of forfeits. But I think the 1907 Cubs would have won 1 of his last 2 games anyway!

Wait for the fireworks if that does happen. X will be crying his eyes out since the only thing in his life that matters is smallball.

Frankly, the Cubs have it won either way. X would be upset, and rightly so, but I don't think he has much of a shot anyway.

Not only is BTB having problems getting his games in, he couldn't train any of his teams tonight b/c DT kept crashing, so he's playing all his games without any training.

And I understand about him being east coast and all. I offered to initiate his games if has to go to bed. He didn't think he'd need the help, but we'll see.

mgfred
11-16-03, 11:23 PM
I offered to initiate his games if has to go to bed. He didn't think he'd need the help, but we'll see.

You may want to offer to train them for him too! ;)

Pharoh
11-16-03, 11:29 PM
Meat did in fact train them most of this season. I think Angel took them back on Thursday or Friday.

But yeah, there's a real good chance Meat stays in PL2. He's in 5th right now.

BTW, CONGRATS TO PHAROH! He's baaaaaack. :)

Thanks, but isn't it a bit premature? There still is a chance that I finish 6th. We'll see what happens, but it will be nice if 3 of the 5 advancers are DTSL teams.

And WTG yourself. Very nice run. :up:

dancinns
11-16-03, 11:33 PM
Well, so now that I'm finally not in the playoffs, I move that we modify the playoff system and do away with the "wait til you hear from your opponent" crap. 2 reasons:

1. By far, the worst and most annoying thing in DTSL is, IMO, the difficulty in coordinating playoff games. Delays, aggrevation, arg, I hate it. Not always, of course, but often enough to make me post this.

2. In most cases, the team who finished higher doesn't get any advantage in the playoffs if they have to wait until they hear from their opponent. They should be free to train for and time the games they initiate around what works best for them. They're the higher seed, they deserve that advantage. I'll go over the rules during our break and iron out some things. I think I will scrap the coordinate with your opponent to play playoff games. That generally works fine but in many cases it's delayed the playoffs and caused the CC to finish on Wednesday or Thursday. I want the CC finished on Tuesday...expect forfeits to be more strictly enforced during the playoffs.

I'll put up a rules thread in the DTSL forum where people can chime in on the rules and argue for/against rules.

DarkElf
11-16-03, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Pharoh
Thanks, but isn't it a bit premature? There still is a chance that I finish 6th. We'll see what happens, but it will be nice if 3 of the 5 advancers are DTSL teams.

And WTG yourself. Very nice run. :up: No, I don't think so. You have 11 wins and are in 4th place, with a down arrow tiebreaker. So except for the PBTerriers (who only need 11 wins to pass you), everyone else needs 12 wins. No one can do that except On Monday, and there's no way they go on that kind of run. He has to play the Destroyers, so hopefully there's 1 loss. :) Plus your Ballers and Tequila Nights who is maxed out and on a holiday.

Okay, so maybe there's a _shread_ of a chance that you come in 6th...

Pharoh
11-16-03, 11:43 PM
No, I don't think so. You have 11 wins with a down arrow tiebreaker. So except for the PBTerriers (who only need 11 wins to pass you), everyone else needs 12 wins. No one (with a reasonable chance) can do that.

True, it is only a outside chance, but On Monday/Tight Wads could win out and advance. But is he even playing his games?

And in other news, Balls Deep is going to finish a game or two out of advancing. Still, I like the run they had, and hopefully they can get out of 3rd next season.

Smith
11-16-03, 11:54 PM
1 more pl game and then i'm done with all my pl games.

Whew!

200148 is safe and may actually advance! :thumbsup:

mgfred
11-17-03, 12:05 AM
Today I thought all 3 teams might get demoted! Now the Monsters and Walkens are safe at .500, secure in PL3 and the Bedtime Buddies are the only team getting demoted!

DarkElf
11-17-03, 12:12 AM
Yeah Fred, the Bedtime Buddies decided to stay in bed this weekend. :(

DarkElf
11-17-03, 12:15 AM
DAMMIT! :grunt:

The London Kings put together an undefeated run today and had one more PL game to play. If they won it, they tied for 1st place in PL6.

They lost. To a 9* team. Finished 14-4. :mad:

solipsta
11-17-03, 12:31 AM
Woohoo! I'm going to 4th league! http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_neutral.gif

DarkElf
11-17-03, 05:39 AM
Holy mother! I cannot believe 1907 Chicago Cubs CHOKED. One of the biggest gag jobs I can remember.

-X- wins his 2nd title in a row, BTB ties for 1st place, and Highlander loses BOTH his teams. :up:

Elves dominate PL2, and Pharoh grabs the last promotion spot! :up: I knew you'd do it (just not the way it worked out ;) )

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by solipsta
Woohoo! I'm going to 4th league! http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_neutral.gif

must be nice. I cant get passed the 5th. Ive been to the 5th before and ended up going back OUT then back to the 5th; with two games left to be played against me. Im back to 6th. *shrug* At least my scrubs kicked some butt.

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 07:18 AM
DarkElf,

This is the 6th time Darkelf's Distroyers have won the Major League and instead of having something special for Darkelf he's giving back. He wants to donate his TWLLML prize to the purse for the next Fight Night.

Thanks Darkelf

How's the competition for that?

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 10:44 AM
when's the last time its been down this long???

*jones'n*

whotony
11-17-03, 11:02 AM
huh. well that was neat.
i just woke up and thought just for fun i would see if the smallball was up yet and it was so i through a game on and it was game #1.

first time i did that.

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 11:06 AM
i got #2

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 11:18 AM
i got #2
TMI! TMI!!!!

:yack:

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 11:25 AM
rotfl

I *knew* youd comment on that.

Canis Firebrand
11-17-03, 12:48 PM
:lol:

Someone challenged my team and it was game #3.
I've never seen a game number that low.

DarkElf
11-17-03, 01:16 PM
DarkElf,

How's the competition for that?
Well, it's obviously easier than the Pro Leagues, and easier than DTSL.

I used to use these games as warm ups, and did okay. Now I'm taking the games more seriously, and I think this is my 3rd win in a row.

Pharoh
11-17-03, 01:21 PM

Elves dominate PL2, and Pharoh grabs the last promotion spot! :up: I knew you'd do it (just not the way it worked out ;) )

Funny how things work out. Of course I had to make things more interesting by losing my last two games, by one run each, but I'll take the promotion. I'm just glad that I didn't lose out on promtion to the PBTs because of ID#, especially considering I won our matchup.

You going for a 1-2-3 finish?

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 01:23 PM
Cool. What would your prize have been, DarkElf?

I put my scrubs down for two user leagues during our freaken break. I need to get my main team in TW's league tomorrow.

twikoff
11-17-03, 01:28 PM
prize is your choice of any ticket up to $5

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 01:30 PM
oh yeah. ;)

DarkElf
11-17-03, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pharoh
Funny how things work out. Of course I had to make things more interesting by losing my last two games, by one run each, but I'll take the promotion. I'm just glad that I didn't lose out on promtion to the PBTs because of ID#, especially considering I won our matchup.

You going for a 1-2-3 finish? Yeah, that would be sweet, but there isn't a chance in hell of going 1-2-3, or even keeping all 3 teams in PL1.

DarkElf
11-17-03, 01:33 PM
prize is your choice of any ticket up to $5 Which means I take a lefty or rookie ticket.

Supr_65
11-17-03, 01:41 PM
Well my pl strategy is changing. I usually wait until the last night and get them all in. I only was able to get in 4 games with all my teams. luckily only 1 was demoted but 2 had great shots at moving back up to 4th and now thats gone.

Oh, well should we play all the first couple days or space them out............... just dont know yet.

namrfumot
11-17-03, 01:45 PM
The Fieldmarschalls are charting new territory for me. They're in PL4! :)

and I finally got a skill ticket for advancing

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 01:50 PM
Previous Thread (http://www.whydoibotherwhenyoudontusethis.com)
:mad:

namrfumot
11-17-03, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Supr_65
Well my pl strategy is changing. I usually wait until the last night and get them all in. I only was able to get in 4 games with all my teams. luckily only 1 was demoted but 2 had great shots at moving back up to 4th and now thats gone.

Oh, well should we play all the first couple days or space them out............... just dont know yet.

For the last 2 seasons I've played ALL my PL games on the first day. Went 18-0, and 15-3 in those seasons.

I see no advantage to waiting till the last day. Yes your team may be stronger, but then so will the other team because they all usually wait till the last day too!

dancinns
11-17-03, 02:23 PM
[b]Season 39 starts tuesday

Third Division (http://www.dtsl.net/standings.php?div=Third%20Division)
Triple A Division (http://www.dtsl.net/standings.php?div=Triple%20A%20Division)

You can get rid of those two links and the website stats link (it's dead).

Also, Season 39 starts on December 2, 2003...which is going to be a big day....return of DTSL, Alias season 2 DVD set, & Pirates of the Caribbean :banana:

mgfred
11-17-03, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by namrufmot
For the last 2 seasons I've played ALL my PL games on the first day. Went 18-0, and 15-3 in those seasons.

I see no advantage to waiting till the last day. Yes your team may be stronger, but then so will the other team because they all usually wait till the last day too!

I should do that too, I procrastinate because I am lazy and now so busy with my horror movie site.

DarkElf
11-17-03, 02:28 PM
Well, as I see it, the best time to play your opponent is when they are "weakest", and since it's highly unlikely that all your opponents will be so nice as to coordinate a time for you ;) , I still think the best way is to pluck them off one at a time over the course of the season.

Waiting til the last day has the advantage that teams who are out of the running for winning a league or advancing probably don't have their strongest lineup in, so those teams should be easier to beat then. But like Mot said, since so many people wait for the last day too, you don't always get an advantage. You also have no wiggle room if SB is having problems.

Hitting everyone on the first day is probably better than the last day since people try to take advantage of the Gap, but most people are ready. Some of your opponents are just as ready as you and so waiting til later in the season is in your best interest.

DarkElf
11-17-03, 02:32 PM
Y2K, I was never quite sure, are you taking over your teams now, putting them on Holiday (you mentioned this but I'm not sure if you were joking or not), or am I going to keep training them?

twikoff
11-17-03, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
:mad:

and it only took 3 or 4 threads before anyone noticed

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 02:47 PM
Y2K, I was never quite sure, are you taking over your teams now, putting them on Holiday (you mentioned this but I'm not sure if you were joking or not), or am I going to keep training them?
It depends.

How many shot glasses do ya want??? :lol:

DarkElf
11-17-03, 03:16 PM
:lol: Too bad you don't have any Rock Bottom Breweries in Texas (the one in Dallas closed) because I also collect their glasses. Funny thing about collections, I never start them, someone else always gets me started.

Well, if you don't _want_ to train them, I'll keep going. Both teams look strong to me, so there isn't anything major I would "need to work on". One guy can't throw well, another can't run well, but really, that's all minor stuff. They look good to me.

Oh, and as you probably know by now, unpaid soccer teams aren't gaining pie, so there's nothing I can do with them. What I don't know is if their skills are locked, or if skill will continue to drop. You gotta get this thing resolved somehow.

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 03:34 PM
Sorry if I forgot anyone, I think I forgot Red X. blah

<small>(NOTE: green means promotion, red means demotion)</small>

http://207.188.30.98/small/images/league-buttons/pro-1.gif
2242 inSANity (DTSL) - 10 wins.
94123 Pharoh's Ballers (DTSL) - 10 PL2 wins
83934 DarkElf's Destroyers (DTSL) - 14 PL2 wins
909 Pacific Beach Brewing Co. (DTSL) - 15 PL2 wins; PBB wins 2nd League.

http://207.188.30.98/small/images/league-buttons/pro-2.gif

118079 Uncle Ernie's Bedtime Buddies - 6 PL1 wins
84291 Bad Mojo (DTSL) - 8 PL2 wins
115374 Pharoh's Farm Team (DTSL) - 10 PL2 wins

http://207.188.30.98/small/images/league-buttons/pro-3.gif

88396 Good Fellas (DTSL) - 9 PL3 wins
118076 Invincible Christopher Walkens - 9 PL3 wins
82821 Oregon Duques (DTSL) - 9 PL3 wins
177241 Balls Deep (DTSL) - 11 PL3 wins

http://207.188.30.98/small/images/league-buttons/pro-4.gif

90389 RainCity Objectivists - 5 PL3 wins
84815 Thunderchickens (DTSL) - 6 PL3 wins
84816 The Gay Renegades (Gay DTSL) - 12 PL4 wins
40145 1994 Montreal Expos (MLB) - 12 PL4 wins
4734 Auburn Legends (DTSL) - 10 PL4 wins
86066 The Contractors (DTSL) - 9 PL4 wins
85386 Chambers Hill Heat (DTSL) - 9 PL4 wins
19478 Mizzou Tigers (ToGo) - 8 PL4 wins
1800 Berlin Fieldmarschalls (DTSL) - 14 PL5 wins
106168 Pork Chop Express (DTSL) - 15 PL5 wins

http://207.188.30.98/small/images/league-buttons/pro-5.gif

2243 Las Vegas Hotels (DTSL) - 9 PL5 wins
84522 Doppelgangers (DTSL) - 9 PL5 wins
84346 Cattle Trucked (DTSL) - 8 PL5 wins
2503 McNeese - Toronto Bluejays (SBD) - 10 PL5 wins
84947 the WHO'S ZOO (DTSL) - 6 PL4 wins
109594 Hi-Ho!! (DTSL) - 4 PL4 wins
912 Penguins. (DTSL) - 6 PL4 wins
85489 Paper Street Soap Co. - 6 PL4 wins
84250 London Kings (DTSL) - 14 PL6 wins
160604 Former DTSLers (ToGo) - 12 PL6 wins

6th

189742 Wandering Minstrels (DTSL) - 5 PL5 wins
219441 Foghorns (DTSL) - 2 PL5 wins
129893 Borst's Bombers (DTSL) - 7 PL6 wins
107350 Champaign Cornpickers (DTSL) - 11 PL7 wins
222222 (SMU)-Doc Holliday-(DTSL) - 16 PL7 wins
92612 King's Horror (DTSL) - 14 PL7 wins

7th

138826 Berkeley Bombers (DTSL) - 7 PL7 wins
84404 Yaga Minor Rabid Mynochs - 9 PL7 wins
93807 KY Country Catfish - 12 PL8 wins
100289 Atlantis Cetaceans (S) - 12 PL8 wins
141227 Crazy Deaf Cat Gang (DTSL) - 15 PL8 wins

8th

84509 Fleegs T-Storms (DTSL) - 16 Junior wins
113604 Smith's Yankees (DTSL) - 15 Junior wins

Juniors

210127 Smith (DTSL) - 7 PL8 wins
90823 Ritzkrieg (DTSL)

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 03:35 PM
damn it - i started getting confused after the 3rd league

rotfl

namrfumot
11-17-03, 03:36 PM
Good job guys! :thumbsup:

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 03:39 PM
Oh, and as you probably know by now, unpaid soccer teams aren't gaining pie, so there's nothing I can do with them. What I don't know is if their skills are locked, or if skill will continue to drop. You gotta get this thing resolved somehow.
Crappity crap!

* sends another email to gerry@andnow.net, smallball@andnow.net, and ed@andnow.net *

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 03:49 PM
Beaten to this by idgie. -ohbfrank- :grunt:

Looks like you are fixing some of the bad color tags. This is what I saw was missing on an initial run:

3rd Pro League
28 91851 Evil HorrorTalk.com Monsters - 9 PL3 wins

4th Pro League
92 ^ ROK 122868 The Rockies (DTSL) zZ 0 0 0 n/a

5th Pro League
54 58 *S* 100562 Smith's Cross-Eyed (DTSL) zZ 0 0 0 n/a
114 ^ OLD 160604 Former DTSLers (ToGo) zZ 0 0 0 n/a (though you may have fixed it just by fixing that 'color' tag)

Sixth Pro League
31 40 *S* 86556 San Jose State (DTSL) zZ 0 0 0 n/a
58 67 GU 75951 Global Undergroud (ToGo) zZ 0 0 0 n/a

Seventh Pro League
16 42 ~|~ 123344 Angels in Solitude zZ 0 0 0 n/a

Eighth Pro League
51 ^ GF2 86207 Murder Incorporated (DTSL) zZ 0 0 0 n/a
100 ^ T-L 220251 Arch-Magi zZ 0 0 0 n/a

Junior Pro League
29 v 720 139720 extra team zZ 0 0 0 n/a (whotony)
138 ^ B2K 229383 Really Bad Team zZ 0 0 0 n/a - Jenn's team ;)

Supr_65
11-17-03, 03:52 PM
WOW what kind of shots glasses do you charge to train/evaluate DarkElf ???

My teams need help in the worst way........

I see my team listed up there does that mean that they got in ? If so I guess I need to take the SBD off them. lol

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 03:53 PM
pooh out of all those I only saw Evil and Arch Magi :lol:

i kept refreshing to see if you were doing it. I even stole your "quote" from another thread ;) :p

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 03:53 PM
Well, for the worst training, you might do better asking B2K or idgie. ;)

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 03:56 PM
WOW what kind of shots glasses do you charge to train/evaluate DarkElf ???

for real, Id get him a 4ID and 1st CAV shot glasses, maybe even go out of my way to get a III Corps shot glass if he'd help me. ;)

twikoff
11-17-03, 04:13 PM
ok..
since we are taking a 2 week break from dtsl
everyone send elf your asst passwords.. and he will take care of ALL of our teams, until we start back

;)

DarkElf
11-17-03, 04:17 PM
So how does one go about starting a business? :lol:

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 04:23 PM
So how does one go about starting a business? :lol:
It could be quite lucrative! :lol:
http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/1999/Jul-08-Thu-1999/photos/lifestyle.jpg

Gee... He runs the Contractors for a season+ and nothing is said. He trains my teams over a weekend, and all hell breaks loose!

IdgIe49
11-17-03, 04:29 PM
I was kidding; Im my own genius.

DarkElf
11-17-03, 04:39 PM
It could be quite lucrative! :lol:

Gee... He runs the Contractors for a season+ and nothing is said. He trains my teams over a weekend, and all hell breaks loose!

Funny stuff! :lol:

Just WHERE do you find all these great photos. :)

(I had the Contractors for 5 weeks.)

Lateralus
11-17-03, 05:00 PM
If the Renegades were trained by DarkElf or Mgfred they would own Pro League 1! I'm sure of it!

Smith
11-17-03, 05:43 PM
200148 made it to 4th league!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

dancinns
11-17-03, 05:54 PM
mot: Keep throwing games my way. You'll win eventually. ;) Feel free to whore my cat gang out. ass pass is the first name of the guy who throw crackers. Team ID is 141227

Smith
11-17-03, 05:58 PM
Gonna be interesting in pl1 with ice's Tequila Nights (AcA) team.

I heard that team was maxed in everything.

That team is #1 on the 10* list daily.

Th0r S1mpson
11-17-03, 06:16 PM
Schizopak:
I'm ready for the round 2 playoffs when you are. Go ahead and initiate against me when you are ready and let me know if you want to initiate 2.

twikoff
11-17-03, 06:17 PM
Gonna be interesting in pl1 with ice's Tequila Nights (AcA) team.

I heard that team was maxed in everything.

That team is #1 on the 10* list daily.

yep.. and they are good to use to raise your honor rating :up: ;)

Smith
11-17-03, 06:23 PM
yep.. and they are good to use to raise your honor rating :up: ;)

rotfl rotfl rotfl

Think hes gonna have holiday on them all season long like last season?

Y2K Falcon
11-17-03, 06:45 PM
DarkElf???

*cough*yahoo*cough*

Or maybe the GF is already back. :hump:

namrfumot
11-17-03, 07:13 PM
mot: Keep throwing games my way. You'll win eventually. ;) Feel free to whore my cat gang out. ass pass is the first name of the guy who throw crackers. Team ID is 141227

I will :lol: I have two guys in my team who never seem good enough to come off the bench. So with a day to experiment, I'm giving them a chance. I went to the World page and attacked the first DTSL team on the list!

Th0r S1mpson
11-17-03, 07:58 PM
Schizopak:
I'm ready for the round 2 playoffs when you are. Go ahead and initiate against me when you are ready and let me know if you want to initiate 2.

Bump. When am I allowed to play my game? :)

twikoff
11-17-03, 08:19 PM
with the 2 week break coming on..
who will be running dtsl contests, tournaments, etc..?

Ill be gone one full week of the break.. up in minnesota.. I might be able to get around to join in on something.. but definitly wont have the time to run anything

if anyone wants to use the userleagues for any type of dtsl contest during this time.. let me know and Ill send you the asst pw.

twikoff
11-17-03, 08:23 PM
elf.. you can play your botr game whenever your ready

Th0r S1mpson
11-17-03, 09:55 PM
Another 24 hours waiting for a playoff opponent. <b>schizopak</b>, you around?

schizopak
11-17-03, 10:00 PM
Another 24 hours waiting for a playoff opponent. <b>schizopak</b>, you around?

i just got in. let me train. give me 10 minutes.

edited to add: i was actually waiting all weekend for you guys to finish. :D

schizopak
11-17-03, 10:17 PM
Ok, all set. Thor start game #1 whenever you want. I'll go ahead and start game 2.

dancinns
11-17-03, 10:19 PM
Supr: Just in case you didn't get my e-mail. I beat Toledo tonight game #3066...and in Monster stadium to boot! :banana:

schizopak
11-17-03, 10:43 PM
Ok Thor, my game just started. #3154.

dancinns
11-17-03, 10:55 PM
with the 2 week break coming on..
who will be running dtsl contests, tournaments, etc..?

Ill be gone one full week of the break.. up in minnesota.. I might be able to get around to join in on something.. but definitly wont have the time to run anything

if anyone wants to use the userleagues for any type of dtsl contest during this time.. let me know and Ill send you the asst pw. When are you leaving? I ask because the CC needs/should be run through a UL and if you're not around then bleah.

schizopak
11-17-03, 11:26 PM
Ok Thor, my game just started. #3154.

Man that was a pretty good game. I won 16-10. Good luck in your game. :thumbsup:

Th0r S1mpson
11-17-03, 11:44 PM
Div 2. game 2 on the way...

Yeah... I know you were waiting for us. I was waiting too. Not sure what happened to jdpatri, but he did finally play his game. Best of luck on this one...

solipsta
11-17-03, 11:48 PM
About Soccer by Commissioner:

It was a mistake that expired teams stopped regenerating Training Potential (TP) it will corrected and TP will start to regenenerate tomorrow morning!

FYI

http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22709

Th0r S1mpson
11-18-03, 12:05 AM
Div 2. game 2 on the way...

Yeah... I know you were waiting for us. I was waiting too. Not sure what happened to jdpatri, but he did finally play his game. Best of luck on this one...

Cornpickers win!

Cornpickers win!

Congrats... See you in 1st div in a couple weeks. Don't have a score on this one yet but have to go to bed...

solipsta
11-18-03, 01:02 AM
I'll try and run a tournament during the break. I just wanna think of something interesting...

DarkElf
11-18-03, 01:11 AM

Y2K will be happy to see this.

So I assume then that while TP was being replenerated, skills were antiplenerating?

solipsta
11-18-03, 02:00 AM
Y2K will be happy to see this.

So I assume then that while TP was being replenerated, skills were antiplenerating?
I'm assuming so. But then again, the other plan of action originally was to freeze all the teams when beta was over...

twikoff
11-18-03, 05:44 AM
When are you leaving? I ask because the CC needs/should be run through a UL and if you're not around then bleah.

Im leaving early saturday morning
so I should be around to take care of that

twikoff
11-18-03, 05:46 AM
I'm assuming so. But then again, the other plan of action originally was to freeze all the teams when beta was over...

thats the one i was shooting for..
i was planning to have my team frozen at 9*, just in case I ever felt like training them again..
but when commish changed plans to this 'train by cant play' idea, I said screw it.

twikoff
11-18-03, 06:47 AM
hey elf.. did you see x's post in this thread?
http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22669

:lol: rotfl :lol:

DarkElf
11-18-03, 08:26 AM
hey elf.. did you see x's post in this thread?
http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22669

:lol: rotfl :lol:
Yeah, I did, and I wasn't about to get involved in that. But maybe now that Greek Wizard has clarified the issue, now I'll say thanks for the recognition. And maybe to point out that I've had 3 teams in PL1 in the same season in both baseball AND football, since I did the football one 4 or 5 seasons ago. :)

But like I was telling Y2K last night, if Pharoh let me ass train the Ballers this season, then I'd be able to say I had FOUR teams in PL1 this season. That is not much different that what -X- did with Peeps with Personality, since it was somewhat a group effort on that team, and Cliff actually had control of them the season before and got them into PL1.

Y2K Falcon
11-18-03, 09:35 AM

:banana:

Now I just need my $10 ticket delivered. -rolleyes-

Though considering for a couple days (since Saturday, DarkElf?) I haven't gained any pie:
2 i8u 106803 twikoff's tormentors 7.6 1.000 1 0 2 *********

I'm #2 on the 9# list, and the record shown includes games played against me yesterday, so, it APPEARS that my skills haven't unplenerated during that time.

It's like a free Holiday Ticket! :banana:

solipsta
11-18-03, 11:21 AM
But like I was telling Y2K last night, if Pharoh let me ass train the Ballers this season, then I'd be able to say I had FOUR teams in PL1 this season.
Or you could give each of us control of all your teams for a day at a time and we could ALL say we've had 3 teams in 1st league! :banana:

whotony
11-18-03, 11:43 AM
play ball????

i know (V).

solipsta
11-18-03, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I woke up all excited to start another season of mediocre showing in DTSL and remembered the decree of (v) by the great dankins. :( Oh well, I guess I'll go out somewhere and.....bah, screw that. I'm going back to bed....

namrfumot
11-18-03, 01:15 PM
The Reichsmarschalls PL train just keeps on truckin'...

I challenged one of LCDs teams in PL4 and I scored 4 runs in the 9th to tie, and went on to win in extra innings! :D

bishop2knight
11-18-03, 01:16 PM
The end is most definately nigh!

namrfumot
11-18-03, 01:58 PM
ack! i'm 2-0 now..should i keep pushing my luck?

Y2K Falcon
11-18-03, 02:19 PM
What could possibly go wrong? :hscratch:
http://www.topiclink.com/gameshows/images/pressyourluck2.jpg

namrfumot
11-18-03, 02:23 PM
No Whammy, No Whammy....STOP!

namrfumot
11-18-03, 02:24 PM
My personal favorite was the Michael Jackson Whammy that came out and break-danced all your money away

dancinns
11-18-03, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I woke up all excited to start another season of mediocre showing in DTSL and remembered the decree of (v) by the great dankins. :( Oh well, I guess I'll go out somewhere and.....bah, screw that. I'm going back to bed.... I personally enjoyed my night off from setting up the league. I loved not spending my last hour before I go to sleep working on this <s>damn</s> wonderful league. :D

namrfumot
11-18-03, 03:11 PM
UGH! I wanna kill myself.

I won my first two PL games...
I start a third and lose 3-2...
Then I realize I never put my starters back in from Smallball Mon... :mad:

I started a fourth game and I won..

So now I'm 3-1 in PL4

Should I keep playing?? :D

twikoff
11-18-03, 04:36 PM
keep going, ride the streak

DarkElf
11-18-03, 04:46 PM
Mot, if you keep going, proceed with caution and select your opponents wisely. Make sure they are a prime target to be picked off before playing them.

mgfred
11-18-03, 05:21 PM
How is your progress going Mot?

namrfumot
11-18-03, 05:25 PM
um...just great. I stopped at 3-3 :(

I couldn't help it I just had to keep playing.. :lol:

DarkElf
11-18-03, 05:34 PM
Well, Mot, let that be a lesson for you. It's just not a good strategy once you hit PL4.

Smith
11-18-03, 08:48 PM
DE, Nice start in pl 1 :thumbsup:

WhoGirl
11-18-03, 08:50 PM
Okay, do I gotta do something for the Champion's Cup? It's been a long, long time since I've been in it.

namrfumot
11-18-03, 09:04 PM
i got itchy fingers and played all my games again :eek:

I ended up winning 3 in a row :lol:

So I ended up going 6-3 in PL4 for the games I have to initiate

DarkElf
11-18-03, 09:05 PM
DE, Nice start in pl 1 :thumbsup:
Depends.

Having 3 teams there is a good news bad news thing -- that's 6 guaranteed losses that have to be divied up between the 3 teams. PBBC (and inSANity) did well, but in part, at the expense of the Destroyers.

It's too bad the Destroyers weren't playing well enough. On Monday and 1979 PP were like ducks on a pond this afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really debated how I was going to play this out. I saw 3 choices:

1. Let them play all their games at once and see which team(s) survive the war. The problem with this is that if 1 team just happens to be playing poorly at that moment, they'd get killed.

2. Play just the first half of the round robin. This way, a bad day won't kill any of the teams. Then play the other half of the round robin later on.

3. Treat all games like I only own one team. Only initiate games for 1 team when I feel that team's matchup is favorable, just like I do for teams that aren't mine.

I went with option 2, although any of these three would be a fair way to do it.

DarkElf
11-18-03, 09:07 PM
i got itchy fingers and played all my games again :eek:

I ended up winning 3 in a row :lol:

So I ended up going 6-3 in PL4 for the games I have to initiate :lol: You crack me up. You have the self discipline of Darryl Strawberry in a crack house.

But glad it worked out for you in those last 3 games. :up:

Y2K Falcon
11-18-03, 09:11 PM
um...just great. I stopped at 3-3 :(

I couldn't help it I just had to keep playing.. :lol:
http://www.afn.org/~afn57395/mjackson.wav

Good job with the late turnaround. :up:

namrfumot
11-18-03, 09:12 PM
6-3 means I'll probably stay put right? (as long as i dont crap out the rest of the way)

Everyone has their own stratergies and mine seems to be doing the opposite of what a sane person would do. It keeps the enemy on their toes! ;)

namrfumot
11-18-03, 09:14 PM
The MJ Whammy song! I can see him spinning on his back right now <sigh>

DarkElf
11-18-03, 09:15 PM
Being a ^ team, figure you'll need to go 6-3 in your home games.

You keep your starting pitching fresh and it could definitely happen.

Lateralus
11-18-03, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by WhoGirl
Okay, do I gotta do something for the Champion's Cup? It's been a long, long time since I've been in it.

Just sit back, relax and let the Renegades take you around the magic roundabout.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/hippy.gif

dancinns
11-19-03, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by WhoGirl
Okay, do I gotta do something for the Champion's Cup? It's been a long, long time since I've been in it. We've gotta wait for the BOTR to finish up :rolleyes: and then twikky should/will add all of the CC teams into a user league where we can either play the damn_games or just be lazy have twikky auto-initiate them.

WhoGirl
11-19-03, 12:13 AM
Ahhh...okey dokey. Thanks. :)

Wait a minute. Why would the Renegades want to take me on a magic roundabout? :whofart:

dancinns
11-19-03, 12:22 AM
http://www.sheratonfurniture.com/images/christopher_lowell.gif
Did someone say magic roundabout? I'm soo there!!

DarkElf
11-19-03, 01:12 AM
We've gotta wait for the BOTR to finish up :rolleyes: and then twikky should/will add all of the CC teams into a user league where we can either play the damn_games or just be lazy have twikky auto-initiate them.
Oh stuff it, mr. rolly eyes. We're at least a day ahead of schedule. :)

Destroyers win the BOTR and advance to the Champions Cup.

twikoff
11-19-03, 05:36 AM
championship cup participants.. join league 1106, pw ccup

twikoff
11-19-03, 05:39 AM

Destroyers win the BOTR and advance to the Champions Cup.

elf.. your already in 1106 from before.. so no need for you to join

namrfumot
11-19-03, 06:05 AM
woo-hoo! now i'm 7-3 in PL4. Superman tried to jump me in the middle of the night and i beat him 11-4

IdgIe49
11-19-03, 09:01 AM
Y2K

check out my pics in other in the crayon thread :)

Supr_65
11-19-03, 12:39 PM
Ok here are the results on the seed voting for the CWS.

A little disapointed that we only received 11 votes but here we go.

#8 seed from the Big East with an average score of 1.364
56882 Boston College

#7 seed from the Big 10 with an average score of 3.273
189696 Minnesota

#6 seed from the Big 10 with an average score of 3.364
130659 Indiana

#5 seed from the ACC with an average score of 3.818
929 North Carolina

#4 seed from the Big 12 with an average score of 4.091
159637 Nebraska

#3 seed from the Ivy League with an average score of 6.364
152818 Harvard

#2 seed from the Pac - 10 with an average score of 6.545
82821 Oregon

#1 seed from the Big 10 with an average score of 7.182
925 Penn State

ok guys round one due tonight midnight.
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5
Lower seed initiates (higher # next to team) WInners bracket team must be beat twice in the final round. (home 1st game away 2nd - if needed)

Bracket LINK
LINK (http://www.bracketmaker.com/scripts-bracketmaker/tlist.cfm?tid=51082)

Smith
11-19-03, 01:39 PM
:mad: Made it to the finals of a region and lost to ICE in game 2

dancinns
11-19-03, 02:39 PM

Destroyers win the BOTR and advance to the Champions Cup. :hscratch: A day ahead of schedule? Is it still Sunday down there in San Diego? I could've swore were played CCs on Tuesdays.

;)

twikky: Go ahead and add my boys to the UL for the CC. ass pass is the mascot of where I went to school. :)

IdgIe49
11-19-03, 02:49 PM
:lol: Dancinns,

where'd copey say that ? (the quote in your sig)

DarkElf
11-19-03, 02:54 PM
:hscratch: A day ahead of schedule? Is it still Sunday down there in San Diego? I could've swore were played CCs on Tuesdays.

Where have you been? Oh, that's right, since you never actually PLAY in the CC ;) , you probably don't realize that we don't tend to get the Cup rolling until Thursday.

Y2K Falcon
11-19-03, 04:43 PM
twikky: Go ahead and add my boys to the UL for the CC. ass pass is the mascot of where I went to school. :)
Loggers?
:hscratch:
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/loggers.jpg

twikoff
11-19-03, 06:09 PM
besides elf and dancinns.. who else should be in the CC?
need to join 1106, pw ccup
damn slackers

dancinns
11-19-03, 06:45 PM
Good Fellas and the Cornpickers of Champaign.

But you know what...I believe the CC teams are always listed here (http://www.dtsl.net/cup.php)

dancinns
11-19-03, 06:49 PM
Where have you been? Oh, that's right, since you never actually PLAY in the CC ;) , you probably don't realize that we don't tend to get the Cup rolling until Thursday. :mad: Well, I always have it scheduled on Tuesday. I'll guess I'll have to start ruling with an iron fist.
http://www.spermio.com/portal/tv/articulos/imagenes/zim_01.gif

dancinns
11-19-03, 06:51 PM
:lol: Dancinns,

where'd copey say that ? (the quote in your sig) In a personal chat...which the dork has a problem with quotes coming from chats. :rolleyes:

When you get gold like that it's hard not to share it with others. :D

dancinns
Loggers?
:hscratch:
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/loggers.jpg :rolleyes:

dancinns
Anyone else got anything I need to reply to before I go home?

whotony
11-19-03, 07:41 PM
BIG 11/17/03 The Iliad (RETIRED) 1 MN: 5:3 L
BIG 11/17/03 Highlander 2017 HLD 24:9 L
BIG 11/17/03 The Iliad (RETIRED) 2997 MN: 6:2 L
BIG 11/17/03 Mayberry Bijou Sluggers (CoC) 3112 MBS 10:7 L
BIG 11/18/03 The Iliad (RETIRED) 12500 MN: 8:1 L
BIG 11/18/03 DarkElf's Destroyers (DTSL) 12619 ELF 7:4 L
BIG 11/18/03 extra team 13958 720 8:9 L
BIG 11/18/03 Mayberry Bijou Sluggers (CoC) 13965 MBS 13:4 L
ProLeague games
5 11/19/03 Cal Golden Bears (CoC) 6934 Buk 8:1 W
5 11/19/03 Paper Street Soap Co. 6951 FYT 13: 6 L
5 11/19/03 Ole Miss Rebels 6954 SEC 10:9 L
5 11/19/03 Hi-Ho!! (DTSL) 6955 )-( 7:4 L
5 11/19/03 Indiana Hoosiers 6956 IU 4:1 L
5 11/19/03 The New Jedi Order (PVT)/ Pepper 6958 AdS 9:5 L
5 11/19/03 Texas Rangers (MLB) 6959 SBD 15:14 L

i'm off to agood start in games this week.

good thing we are on a break because something is wrong with my team.

twikoff
11-19-03, 07:42 PM
Good Fellas and the Cornpickers of Champaign.

But you know what...I believe the CC teams are always listed here (http://www.dtsl.net/cup.php)

yea yea, i broke down and went and checked
i just was curious if any of the other teams that were already in 1106, were in the championship cup.
none were, so I deleted the other teams out

so we are waiting for whogirl and champaign to join league 1106, pw ccup
then Ill create the schedule quick

Y2K Falcon
11-19-03, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by whotony
i'm off to agood start in games this week.

Wow... That must make the Cal Golden Bears feel like shit. :lol:

namrfumot
11-19-03, 08:27 PM
When are we getting our pennants on our team pages? :mad:

;)

Lateralus
11-19-03, 08:39 PM
When are we getting our pennants on our team pages? :mad:

;)

Yeah I want mine too, but we have to wait till the slackers in the Championship cup get finished!

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/frown9.gif

schizopak
11-19-03, 09:07 PM
yea yea, i broke down and went and checked
i just was curious if any of the other teams that were already in 1106, were in the championship cup.
none were, so I deleted the other teams out

so we are waiting for whogirl and champaign to join league 1106, pw ccup
then Ill create the schedule quick

whoops! methinks i should join league 1106 soon. :D

twikoff
11-19-03, 09:11 PM
now if we can get whogirl.. i can roll out the schedules
although, Im heading to bed soon.. so it may have to wait till morning

schizopak
11-19-03, 09:22 PM
hey, i'm gonna be going on vacation on friday so i'll probably not have smallball access. anyone feel like babysitting the Cornpickers for a couple weeks? they've been stuck at 9* forever and i'm not good (dedicated) enough to get these guys to the next level but i don't want them to wither and die while i'm away.

twikoff
11-19-03, 09:27 PM
i know this should go in hot deals.. but it probably wont last long

hurry up and get yours quick!@
http://a388.g.akamai.net/7/388/1603/0001/www.freebizmag.com/emailsportnews01welcome.htm

whotony
11-19-03, 09:41 PM
nice, they gave me fhm too.

twikoff
11-19-03, 09:53 PM
new thread
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331042

mods, please lock this one
thanks