Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Are your HARD EARNED Amazon trivia nickels gone?

Seeker
11-14-03, 02:59 PM
Mine are - poof. And a few other folks say theirs is gone, or mostly gone.

All those clicks for nickels, and Amazon won't even let you keep them.

Anyone else? (go check your amazon trivia balance)

They probably think no one is keeping track.

dtcarson
11-14-03, 03:08 PM
Hmm...
Mine currently says:
Trivia Balance Available: $1.00
Total Correct Answers: 0
Total Money Earned: $0.00

The 1.00 is probably about right, I used it up a while ago and they have been molasses-like in putting more questions up [although it's been better the past week or so.]

Sweet Baby James
11-14-03, 03:18 PM
Their system is so screwed up right now. I have recently cancelled a couple of different orders that had trivia money applied and they never put it back into my balance. I e-mailed them asking for them to return it to my available balance and they replied that they could not establish what my balance should be. They did give me a $5 coupon for the trouble(which was actually more than the missing trivia money:)).I really like Amazon, but I wish that they could get their website bugs fixed because I am starting to tire of always having to worry about my orders.

RaZOk
11-14-03, 03:19 PM
Trivia Balance Available: $3.70

Mine still there.

Bob330i
11-14-03, 03:31 PM
mine are gone (sniff, sniff)

speedy1961
11-14-03, 04:21 PM
They really can't sustain any sort of excitement (as a benefit of shopping there) for very long can they?

Such a shame.

Quatermass
11-14-03, 04:28 PM
Well I hate to tell you this, but mine are still there.

Trivia Balance Available: $10.51

Laser Movies
11-14-03, 04:45 PM
I don't have any to lose since Amazon hasn't given me any new questions in months. I thought trivia credit didn't expire for a year after they were earned. Could Amazon have changed the expiration time of the credit?

Seeker
11-14-03, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I don't have any to lose since Amazon hasn't given me any new questions in months. I thought trivia credit didn't expire for a year after they were earned. Could Amazon have changed the expiration time of the credit?

Hard to say --- some have all theirs, some have 0, and some have just the amounts from the last few days. I think the database burped sometime early this week, and SOME accounts got reset to zero...

I think the most frustrating thing is that it really isn't worth calling and screaming over a couple of dollars, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Laser Movies
11-14-03, 07:31 PM
I checked my account and everything was reset to zero. Before it did have the total number of questions answered and total money earned. But I didn't have any actual trivia balance before this happened at least.

rdodolak
11-15-03, 09:07 AM
Several different occassions my hard earned available trival balance has disappeared.

atari2600
11-16-03, 01:09 AM
mine are still there. only a buck. how did some of you get so much...20 questions = $1 at most. where are all these questions??

marty888
11-17-03, 08:47 AM
Wow ..... how to spend my $0.15 !

Actually, I've used up about $4.00 in trivia on a purchase two months ago. No biggie, but free money is free money...

ntuc
11-21-03, 08:57 PM
still there. i just used it.

xstylus
11-22-03, 03:39 PM
I have multiple accounts that I play the nickel game with. I hadn't played the trivia game in a few weeks, but I just checked a few of my accounts which I knew had over a dollar in them and they were cleaned out (I think there was one that still had 15 cents, but should have had a dollar or something). I know I didn't spend it on anything either.

Comfort Eagle
11-24-03, 11:01 AM
Mine are still there.

balance = $4.90

Im thinking I should use them soon. I also have a giftcard to use, as well.