Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Zhang Yimou's "Hero" Japanese R2 Box Set

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=REDV-19

wait till u see this new baby

seems to be a little too expensive. i think i'll stick with Hong Kong dvd i own already..
Old 11-13-03, 07:46 PM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

yup, nice. have already ordered since i dun own any.
Old 11-13-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, really, why bother. Just give me an extended cut. Let someone else play with dolls.
Old 11-13-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Pretty sweet box set. wish it was the extended version though.
Old 11-13-03, 10:05 PM

when will the 'rumoured" director's cut be out? i guess have to wait a long time. the set will look great will all my other dvd collectibles.
Old 11-14-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
Nice but notice the big red letters on the site that say:

[out of print]
Old 11-14-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Oh, really, why bother. Just give me an extended cut. Let someone else play with dolls.
My sentiments exactly!!

With regard to the OOP status at CDJapan..don't be suprised when come the actual release date CDJapan may list this as being available to buy.
It happened twice with me where i thought the Neon Genesis Evangelion Renewal boxset and Jodorowsky boxset were OOP well in advance of release date....come the actual release date itself CDJapan were still selling this for a few days or so longer.
Old 11-14-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by RichDB10
My sentiments exactly!!

With regard to the OOP status at CDJapan..don't be suprised when come the actual release date CDJapan may list this as being available to buy.
It happened twice with me where i thought the Neon Genesis Evangelion Renewal boxset and Jodorowsky boxset were OOP well in advance of release date....come the actual release date itself CDJapan were still selling this for a few days or so longer.
The way that LE items work most times in Japan is that they go by the number of pre orders, so if they got sent more by the manufacturer or people cancelled their pre-orders they will have more stock to sell.
Old 11-14-03, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
For those who don't want "dolls", the above DVD will also be available by itself (2 discs). On the other hand, for those who do like dolls, Dragon made some 12" action figures from the film. The Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung ones look pretty nice (I have Maggie), while the head sculpts of the Jet Li and Zhang Zi-Yi ones leave a little to be desired.
Old 11-14-03, 08:08 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

I posted this in the other Hero thread, but this one seems to get more views, so here it is

I would like to now if the box set that is currently out is R0, I see alot of them on ebay and was wondering if they are legit
Old 11-17-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by cultshock
On the other hand, for those who do like dolls, Dragon made some 12" action figures from the film. The Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung ones look pretty nice (I have Maggie), while the head sculpts of the Jet Li and Zhang Zi-Yi ones leave a little to be desired.
Wow. This is the first I've heard of them. Do you know a site that sells them?

I have a few of the Dragon dolls (including a Chow Yun Fat lookalike & a Jackie Chan) & I think they're great.
Old 11-17-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Originally posted by Lokimok
Wow. This is the first I've heard of them. Do you know a site that sells them?

I have a few of the Dragon dolls (including a Chow Yun Fat lookalike & a Jackie Chan) & I think they're great.
They turn up on Ebay now and then, and thats where I got mine (Dragon has their own catagory in ebay's action figure section). Since they were released in Hong Kong and were rather limited, they don't show up all the time though (I'm not sure where else you could find them online). They have really nicely detailed costumes (each figure also has an extra outfit) and the male figures are even supposed to have swords made out of metal. Nice packaging too. I have a Jackie Chan figure too (the Dragon Lord one) and agree that they are really nice figures.
Old 11-17-03, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by fnordboy
The way that LE items work most times in Japan is that they go by the number of pre orders, so if they got sent more by the manufacturer or people cancelled their pre-orders they will have more stock to sell.
that is right. i remember have to check back amazon japan constantly for about 3 weeks to see if i am lucky to get any stocks in order to lay my hand on spirited away box set.